[Q] Safe Strap on 4.4.2

Search This thread

@ttnote3

Mar 4, 2014
Anyone have any luck getting safe strap to work on Kit kat 4.4.2? I install.. reboot.. and just blank screen forever. Help.. thx

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011
Anyone have any luck getting safe strap to work on Kit kat 4.4.2? I install.. reboot.. and just blank screen forever. Help.. thx

Current SS 3.71 does not support 4.4.2 KitKat. It works for JB 4.3 only. We are waiting for new release SS for 4.4.2 KitKat.

Last edited:

@ttnote3

Mar 4, 2014
Current SS 3.71 does not support 4.4.2 KitKat. It works for JB 4.3 only. We are waiting for new release SS for 4.4.2 KitKat.

Wish I had known before installing. Next question is.. how do I flash a zip .. like a keyboard without safestrap? I've rebooted to recovery.. but, get a message that the directory is invalid. Any help is appreciated.

thx

mutantblack

Sep 22, 2006
Tornados City
Wish I had known before installing. Next question is.. how do I flash a zip .. like a keyboard without safestrap? I've rebooted to recovery.. but, get a message that the directory is invalid. Any help is appreciated.

thx

I suggest you should do a whole lot of research before you started to flash things. Visit to the development thread and you can find out more info.
Go back to MJ5, and then flash KnoxRaid rom or any of those that ported by drake if you want to be on KitKat.

@ttnote3

Mar 4, 2014
I suggest you should do a whole lot of research before you started to flash things. Visit to the development thread and you can find out more info.
Go back to MJ5, and then flash KnoxRaid rom or any of those that ported by drake if you want to be on KitKat.

Found Drakey's instructions on simulating safe strap for now. was able to flash my keyboard. Looking forward to a safestrap for 4.4.2

Reedonculous

Sep 15, 2013
Drake has been doing great things and Hashcode is still working on the bootlaoder safestrap issues. Hopefully we'll get it b4 the Note4 comes out!

shane1981

Mar 11, 2014
millington
question

im very new to flashing.my question is will i be able to flash a kitkat rom with safestrap after its updat:confused:ed for kitkat even if im on 4.3 because for some reason my phone says update failed after 25% and i realy want kitkat but dont know what to do other than flashing it with safestrap and i dont have a computer and using odin sounds a little over my head ( if i can get access to a computer).

Why0Why

Jun 18, 2013
Winston-Salem, NC
im very new to flashing.my question is will i be able to flash a kitkat rom with safestrap after its updat:confused:ed for kitkat even if im on 4.3 because for some reason my phone says update failed after 25% and i realy want kitkat but dont know what to do other than flashing it with safestrap and i dont have a computer and using odin sounds a little over my head ( if i can get access to a computer).

Once SS is updated it should be fine. But the flashing process with odin isn't hard if you can get access to a computer. Drakey has very clear instructions in any of his ROM threads.

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012

We have been able to get SS to work on the I337 4.4 NB1 build by first downgrading to 4.3 by only flashing some of the 4.3 partitions including the stock kernel then rooting and installing SS. Once we flash the Custom ROM in SS we flash back to the 4.4 stock kernel. From that point forward all we need to do to wipe and flash another ROM is flash the 4.3 kernel again.

I don't know if this will work on your device but it may be worth a shot.