What case do you use?

Search This thread

Alfred E.

Nov 13, 2011
LuxMo candy case, with a nice screen protector. Works nice in my pocket and inexpensive.

PANTERA56

Aug 30, 2011
Otter box 4sure there's others like trident but they're pretty bulky I wish they'd make a defender series for SGS4G

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

lewis750

Aug 31, 2010
Just dropped my phone on a tile floor and the case came off like it was spring loaded. The 2 pieces of the case ended up 5 feet from my phone in opposite directions. No harm to the case or phone but it concerns me a little. Rethinking another case.
The rubberized outer coating started peeling off my Body Glove case. I tossed it and ordered a cheap TPU case (the same one geekilized uses) from Amazon.com. It fits great and slides easily in and out of my Droid X case. Haven't dropped it yet, but it looks like it will do OK. Just what I was looking for in the first place.

magda623

Nov 19, 2011
Peoria
Ghost armor

I use a Bodyglove clear case I got at my local T-Mobile store. It's actually a Vibrant case, but it's a perfect fit. It also has a kickstand, which I love (perfect for watching videos.)

Edit: This is the one I was talking about.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Ghost armor is the way to go if you want scratch protection and don't want to lug around rubber. Its about 40 bucks installed, but it comes with a lifetime warranty. Should you not like the color, or if you want to change to carbon fiber, its only 5 bucks for the labor. You can find i online or you can usually find it in a mall kiosk somewhere.

SGS4G Rooted-Unlocked
Valhalla Blue/Trans Theme
KJ6 Debloated by FBis251
Valhalla-Final KJ6 by Whitehawkx
2.6.35.7-T959VUVKJ6-CL694130

Squidling

Feb 5, 2012
I use the Otterbox commuter case and am really happy with it. Adds a little bit of bulk but a LOT of protection. Also comes with a screen protector. There is a cheaper link on Newegg, but I'm not allowed to post links yet :(

Case really depends on what you're looking for. The Ghost Armor skins are really cool if you just want anti-scratch, but if you want any sort of bump/drop/headbutt I'd go with the Otterbox or similar!

mrjovanovic

Feb 12, 2012
Wonderful case

Hey everyone, my first post here, although I've been lurking for a while. Great community, although smaller than others - lots of spirit! :)

I just wanted to give you all my impressions of the elago BREATHE for the Vibrant/Galaxy S 4G. I can't post links yet, but it's easily found on Amazon for $7.99 + s/h.

The case is outstanding, very decent quality, and feels very well made in the hand. I received it very quickly from the seller. The texture is not smooth, and not rubbery - somewhere in between. The case is not as hard as some other plastic cases but softer, and seems like could absorb some shocks. It does NOT cover at all the top and bottom of the phone (where the ports are, and its obverse side). Rather, it contours the sides and back, with just the corners partially protected. The back is a wonderful mesh which helps with the grip immensely. Most importantly - although it doesn't seem so at first, the case's sides are slightly higher than the screen so if you lay the phone on its face, it will not touch the surface it's sitting on (as long as it's flat). The margin is miniscule, but it is there.

Why did I buy this case? Well it doesn't add on any bulk to the phone, and makes it look absolutely gorgeous - thin, good grip, some protection, wonderful mesh in the back. I would recommend this instead of getting a different battery cover. It feels to be the same quality as some of the higher end iPhone 4 cases I've seen around.

Hope that helped someone decide, I know it took me ages to find a good case for this beauty. :)

|STRYKER|

Jan 12, 2012
I got the Otter Box case and couldn't be happier! I picked it up for a great deal on newegg.com.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

SpiderMikey88

Mar 20, 2012
Salem
www.AbadonRock.com
SGS4G case

Hey Guys, I have tried a ton of cases on my SGS4G and I have found these to be the best type of cases. since im new I cant post a link but just google:

Samsung Galaxy S 4G SGH-T959V i9000 Vibrant Black Cell Phone Back Cover

It is not a replacement battery cover, it snaps on over it. I wanted it because it doesn't cover the button or headphone/usb ports. Its really durable and looks pretty cool on the phones. I also like that it doesn't make the phone much bigger, a lot of the rubber and hard cases for these phones add about 1/4 inch to the size.

Hope this helps someone on their search for a case!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 4G
Firmware: 2.3.7
Base: T959VUVKJ6
Kernal: 2.6.35.7-sms-kj6-v01.1.1-rc1+
Build: Gingerbread.VUVKJ6
Mod: Valhalla-BlackEdition-Stock/CyanogenMod-7.1
+Valhalla-Black-Booster
Modem: KI3

ipaq_101

Sep 19, 2011
Southern California
I want a TPU case that has cutouts for the volume rocker and the power button....please can someone send me a link for one?

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Hey Guys, I have tried a ton of cases on my SGS4G and I have found these to be the best type of cases. since im new I cant post a link but just google:

Samsung Galaxy S 4G SGH-T959V i9000 Vibrant Black Cell Phone Back Cover

It is not a replacement battery cover, it snaps on over it. I wanted it because it doesn't cover the button or headphone/usb ports. Its really durable and looks pretty cool on the phones. I also like that it doesn't make the phone much bigger, a lot of the rubber and hard cases for these phones add about 1/4 inch to the size.

Hope this helps someone on their search for a case!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 4G
Firmware: 2.3.7
Base: T959VUVKJ6
Kernal: 2.6.35.7-sms-kj6-v01.1.1-rc1+
Build: Gingerbread.VUVKJ6
Mod: Valhalla-BlackEdition-Stock/CyanogenMod-7.1
+Valhalla-Black-Booster
Modem: KI3

PM me a link

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
All these folks that posted about otterbox have never had the Trident Aegis in their hands. I've had otterbox, and this Trident case blows it away! Just got it! I got it in ballistic green. They also make a few other variations that appear to be discontinued. A real shame, because the other designs are pretty cool too! Someone else who has tried otterbox and then moved to the Trident Aegis needs to speak up! The otterbox folks have been misled into believing they have a quality case!

soundrizm

Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
Hey guys, I need some help on deciding on which case to go with. So far I have it narrowed down to three: Otterbox Commuter, Trident Aegis, and Trident Cyclops.

Right now I have, I think, a tpu case. The issue with it is it doesn't go far enough into the screen to stop it from ruining my invisible shield edges (they're starting to get crappy looking!).

The otterbox seems awesome, but the thing that's stopping me is the dust cover flap for the headphone jack. What's your experience with it? Everyone that I've seen have a flap like that ends up with a flap that won't close.

The Aegis seems good, but from what I see, I think I'll have the same problem as I have with the tpu case.

The cyclops is looking like my best bet, but I'd probably end up removing that screen cover--anyone know how that works? Is it right up against the screen as if you already have an invisible shield or something similar?

Any input would be awesome! :D

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
Soundrizm I have the otterbox and the flap closes fine for me I think its a great case. Never tried the trident ones

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

Reactions: soundrizm

twisted03

May 26, 2012
I have a clear bodyglove with a kick stand... About 20 bucks at tmobile

Sent from my SGH-T959V

Top Liked Posts