[ROM][I605]Official Nightlies CM11.0[KTU84P][4.4.4]

Search This thread

sbrissen

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010
for me the prox sensor is the next imprtant bug to squash. I've been working on an opensource implementation for the sensor hal. so far a few of the sensors are being read, accel, orientation, and light. hope to get the rest soon. this should fix us up for 4.4 and future updates.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

marcustaz

May 31, 2012
Anyone else have issues with speaker volume being very low. I've tried everything to raise the volume to max and still while driving I can barely hear the other party. Also is there anyway to adjust the contact list to show last name first?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JusticeAA

Dec 29, 2008
for me the prox sensor is the next imprtant bug to squash. I've been working on an opensource implementation for the sensor hal. so far a few of the sensors are being read, accel, orientation, and light. hope to get the rest soon. this should fix us up for 4.4 and future updates.

Hope you don't mind I am hijacking the Verizon thread to add some input.

I did the following in the emulator since I am away from my computer.

root@t0ltespr:/sys/devices/virtual/sensors/proximity_sensor # cat state

cat state

cat state

cat state

As you can see the proximity sensor is working as I moved my hand in front of it. When I check the values for Input8 though, nothing changes.

I am not sure if this helps. I am unable to figure out what is going on with it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sbrissen

Sep 27, 2010
Hope you don't mind I am hijacking the Verizon thread to add some input.

I did the following in the emulator since I am away from my computer.

As you can see the proximity sensor is working as I moved my hand in front of it. When I check the values for Input8 though, nothing changes.

I am not sure if this helps. I am unable to figure out what is going on with it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't think the sensor itself is being enabled even tho its writing values. Its definitely a 4.4 change that caused. I was able to get sensor readings briefly for prox on my opensource hal but busted it again while trying to fix other sensors. The tricky part is we use a sensorhub so to enable the sensors it looks each sensor needs to write a 1 to /sys/class/sensors/ssp_sensor/enable

Sent from my SCH-I925 using xda app-developers app

nkhex19

May 5, 2010
Corona
For those running ART what do you use as a backup app since Titanium Backup isn't compatible with ART yet?

Dwnhiller

Nov 7, 2010
buckley
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Well you can't edit the long press functionality via that file but you can simply change the menu button to act as recents since long press home brings up menu. But as far as it not letting you edit; I'm not familiar with es file explorer, I use root explorer but you do need to open the file in some sort of the t editor program which root explorer has built in.. In root explorer you long press the file and select open in text editor, edit, save and reboot!

Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

That's not sbrissens job as a CM maintainer. They main guys need to merge that source first. Also, if you go back a few pages, the build I posted has the long press home for recent apps and some sprint specific fixes for apns.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't find the build you are referring to I searched.. Maybe I'm missing something but it sounds like the long press home for recents has been fixed? Would love to have this as I'm using menu button for recents and its still hard to get used to.

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: FitchVA

celyko

Jan 4, 2013
Google Pixel 3 XL
Moto G Stylus 5G
Anyone else have issues with speaker volume being very low. I've tried everything to raise the volume to max and still while driving I can barely hear the other party. Also is there anyway to adjust the contact list to show last name first?

I have actually had the same problems. I was trying to find a way to increase the sound using a third party app but I have yet to locate one that I can figure out. Anyone else come up with a solution on this? I am also having trouble getting my screen to turn on. When I press power, the menu, back, and screen backlight come on, but nothing else. I have to fight it to get it on. Anyone else?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Dwnhiller

jsp254

Apr 20, 2009
what recovery are you using?

The newest CWM. Tried touch and standard. Totally wiped everything. Also tried rebooting to recovery and wiping again. Still no data. Tried airplane mode, reboot, turn on mobile data. Tried all over the network settings, reboot, still no data. Not sure.

Haven't been a big fan of AOSP roms since contacts went white and blue, etc. Was hoping this would convert me back. Wont be long before these builds are stable. Hoping the next flavor of android is significantly different in UI. Time will tell.

kalvinl

Mar 20, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Not sure if its posted already, but I have been using the latest 4.4 devil kernel from this thread if anyone is interested. I haven't noticed any issues as of yet with this build.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2239453

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
Bugs to report:

Volume is really low on headphones.

No notification light on Google Voice texts, also GV texts sometimes take up to 5 minutes to actually send over my LTE connection.

Sensor doesn't work for Star Chart and Google Sky Maps. I can go up and down usually, but panning side to side never works

Screen tearing is noticeable sometimes

Battery life started out incredible, but after a few days of settling in the phone doesn't go into deep sleep anymore.

Other than that the ROM runs really well and most functions work perfectly.

Last edited:

AlphaNoble

Apr 19, 2011
I just had a weird issue where the phone was unresponsive with the screen off, so I did a battery pull. When I rebooted the phone I was in safe mode. I have no idea what caused it or why it happened, but I thought it was worth sharing on here.

whojabacod

Apr 8, 2010
That's not sbrissens job as a CM maintainer. They main guys need to merge that source first. Also, if you go back a few pages, the build I posted has the long press home for recent apps and some sprint specific fixes for apns.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Here jack
y3y6utun.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DanDaGuitarMan

sbrissen

Sep 27, 2010
Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385072405758.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385072405758.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 400
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385072418867.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385072418867.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 383

celyko

Jan 4, 2013
Google Pixel 3 XL
Moto G Stylus 5G
art

can someone explain how to run art? i switched the settings in dev options and i got so many force closes when my phone finally boot back up that it was unusable. Now i have no signal at all, and no data. its just showing no service.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

can someone explain how to run art? i switched the settings in dev options and i got so many force closes when my phone finally boot back up that it was unusable. Now i have no signal at all, and no data. its just showing no service.

i have restored twice and rebooted multiple times. there are just no bars in the top. when i try to make a call, it says mobile network unavailable. can anyone help me with a fix?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

PreReqs: Unlocked Bootloader

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

BUG LIST
    -BT Voice Search

[Nightlies] http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i605

[GAPPS 4.4] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps#Downloads

Change log http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/i605/next

Source http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
    Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

update OP with a new build. L900 is coming next.
    new build up. Probably last one before I push for nightlies.