[Q] Razr I stuck in bootloader

Search This thread

Paulomp91

Aug 28, 2014
Hi. I've been using Omar Avelar's ROM for very long time with no problems until today

I downloaded 28th August version to my cel, put it in recovery with CWM, wipe cache and install the zip like every single time but at the end of the instalation it failed, the I reboot it and get stuck in bootloader
Fortunately still have access to recovery, try to reinstall the zip and still failed at the end
Finally, I did wipe data and reboot it and still stuck in bootloader :(

I dont know what else to do
Thanks

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Hi. I've been using Omar Avelar's ROM for very long time with no problems until today

I downloaded 28th August version to my cel, put it in recovery with CWM, wipe cache and install the zip like every single time but at the end of the instalation it failed, the I reboot it and get stuck in bootloader
Fortunately still have access to recovery, try to reinstall the zip and still failed at the end

Thanks

Good u can get into recovery. But i have the feeling u have a serious bug. In the EMMC firmware. It is also called a superbrick in the galaxy s2 forums.

Try to flash your stock firmware back. Latest stock firmware from your region. Don't use RSD-Lite. Use mFastboot and only try to flash the boot image, system image and erase userdata and cache. Don't use rsd-lite or flash your recovery. We maybe can get it all to work if your recovery keeps working.

Reactions: Paulomp91

Paulomp91

Aug 28, 2014
Good u can get into recovery. But i have the feeling u have a serious bug. In the EMMC firmware. It is also called a superbrick in the galaxy s2 forums.

Try to flash your stock firmware back. Latest stock firmware from your region. Don't use RSD-Lite. Use mFastboot and only try to flash the boot image, system image and erase userdata and cache. Don't use rsd-lite or flash your recovery. We maybe can get it all to work if your recovery keeps working.

I forgot to say that my PC doesnt recognize my cell when i plugged it.

I'm not an expert in this programming stuff but I understand most of the steps that you told me.. Can I still flash the latest stock firmware even though my PC doesnt recognize my cel? and do you have a link of mFastboot please?

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
I forgot to say that my PC doesnt recognize my cell when i plugged it.

I'm not an expert in this programming stuff but I understand most of the steps that you told me.. Can I still flash the latest stock firmware even though my PC doesnt recognize my cel? and do you have a link of mFastboot please?

See my signature for it. There is a mFastboot file in there. If you are in ap fastboot mode the PC should see your device almost always. If not, you don't have the usb drivers correctly installed. U can find that also somewhere in my signature.

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Hi Hazou,

did u have more infos about this "emmc superbrick"?
I´m a little afraid because there are more and more people getting this brick...
what is the cause? broken memory cells due to wear?

This is just what i observed. I totally don't know if it is true that we have the same problem as the superbrick, but the evidence is "almost" undeniable.

I never had a problem as the superbrick. never had a galaxy or a device with it, so i know this only through research from the internet.

Here is an explanation. It has to do with the blkdiscard command. When the device performs a partition wipe, there is a chance that a sector will get corrupt (beacuse of bad eMMC firmware). Everything before the corrupted sector still will work. Everything after it is unreachable. We can reach it by changing the partition table, but there is no research in it for the Razr I.

This bug has only been seen in just a couple emmc modules. so it affects just some devices after android 4.0.4. And our Razr I can be one of them. The bug got introduced in jellybean.

The problem can be easy avoided with a patch in kernel/ext4_utils, not solved when it already happened. But i am waiting for 4.4.2 and see if it is still present in the firmware or i will contact motorola for it.

This bug happens it both unlocked as locked bootloader. U can't avoid it. U just are unlucky when u have it. And in almost all cases it appears only when updating your rom. So if u don't do anything to your phone, then the chance is slim.

I personally have wiped/flashed (for cm10) my device many, many times. And never had it. I just hope that it is solved with 4.4.2 so the chance that u get it will get even slimmer then it now is.

Reactions: 5m00v3

xtr3m3

Jan 29, 2007
Midlands, UK
www.diligentnewb.co.uk
Did you copy the ROM's zip file from your computer? It uses MTP instead of mass storage mode and I've found that it doesn't always copy the the whole file, but cuts off half way through. This leaves a zip file that is around 200MB and it can still be flashed through recovery. I usually download the ROM from the phone's browser, but if it is on the computer, I copy it on to my external SD using a USB card reader.

I had this problem on Windows 7 and now the same with Windows 8.1. Or there could be something wrong with my phone..

Sent from my XT890

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Hi Hazou,

did u have more infos about this "emmc superbrick"?
    I´m a little afraid because there are more and more people getting this brick...
    what is the cause? broken memory cells due to wear?

This is just what i observed. I totally don't know if it is true that we have the same problem as the superbrick, but the evidence is "almost" undeniable.

I never had a problem as the superbrick. never had a galaxy or a device with it, so i know this only through research from the internet.

Here is an explanation. It has to do with the blkdiscard command. When the device performs a partition wipe, there is a chance that a sector will get corrupt (beacuse of bad eMMC firmware). Everything before the corrupted sector still will work. Everything after it is unreachable. We can reach it by changing the partition table, but there is no research in it for the Razr I.

This bug has only been seen in just a couple emmc modules. so it affects just some devices after android 4.0.4. And our Razr I can be one of them. The bug got introduced in jellybean.

The problem can be easy avoided with a patch in kernel/ext4_utils, not solved when it already happened. But i am waiting for 4.4.2 and see if it is still present in the firmware or i will contact motorola for it.

This bug happens it both unlocked as locked bootloader. U can't avoid it. U just are unlucky when u have it. And in almost all cases it appears only when updating your rom. So if u don't do anything to your phone, then the chance is slim.

I personally have wiped/flashed (for cm10) my device many, many times. And never had it. I just hope that it is solved with 4.4.2 so the chance that u get it will get even slimmer then it now is.
    Totally fix my cell, thank you so much Hazou for all the help :D
    Grettings from Peru