Questions and Answers thread

Search This thread

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
I know its been gone over a few times but rooted and trying to install custom rom.

Its recommended to flash Chinese boot.img, then the Chinese rom, then RCmix3d rom.
I tracked down links (thanks Vertigo) to the boot.img and chinese rom but none directly to RCmix3d rom.

Am I ok to go after the boot and Chinese rom only or is the RCmix3d install important?
If it is important, can someone post a working link please?

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
You should be OK to flash any rom after the Chinese rom, that was only put in for a guaranteed way of doing it on GB, most people don't have to and I don't think it matters if your flashing an ICS rom as far as I'm aware....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: Prof Peach

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
Done the whole procedure twice now after returning to stock RUU.
When I flash the chinese rom it boots automatically from CWM without notifying me of successful install and prompting for a reboot.
Is that ok or is something wrong?

1st time I installed I had no root access and it couldn't update binary.
2nd time I had no memory which I now realize is an easy fix....... fingers x'd

I've used a version of RCmix3d rom from another source and wondered if that was the issue.
Not sure if the one linked in the guides had been specially cooked for the setup process.

***********Update.
Running now without flashing RCmix3d. Perhaps its not a good idea to sit till 6am trying to root a phone.... :eek:

Last edited:

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Done the whole procedure twice now after returning to stock RUU.
When I flash the chinese rom it boots automatically from CWM without notifying me of successful install and prompting for a reboot.
Is that ok or is something wrong?

1st time I installed I had no root access and it couldn't update binary.
2nd time I had no memory which I now realize is an easy fix....... fingers x'd

I've used a version of RCmix3d rom from another source and wondered if that was the issue.
Not sure if the one linked in the guides had been specially cooked for the setup process.

***********Update.
Running now without flashing RCmix3d. Perhaps its not a good idea to sit till 6am trying to root a phone.... :eek:

Been there, done that and bought the tee shirt lol... I don't think that the RCmix3d is essential as much now as it was when we first started, because that was really the only rom we could use for a while, I also think that the chinese rom and boot.img were used to set the partitions up on GB roms, people who have gone straight to ICS generally don't need to flash them. To be honest when I went back to stock to do the OTA upgrade, I just rooted it again and flashed a rom and it worked ;)

Reactions: Prof Peach

rizwankalwal

Sep 6, 2011
MUMBAI
Bluetooth Problem

Hi Friends,

When ever i m trying to send a file from ma sensation to other device its say paired but file is not transferring. any body has any idea

Riaes

Apr 8, 2011
Tanjungpinang
SXL gets HOT!!

Hi, l have this problem on my phone, my phone gets so hot when i am listening to music and browsing(Mostly at the same time), it causes the battery drain so fast.
I didn't check how much was the temperature, but it feels so uncomfortable when it gets hot.
Does it usual for all Smartphone? or only HTC?
Seems like the problem happened after i updated to Official HTC ICS update. I seldomly used it when it was with stock rom so i am not really sure.

Lord_Vahid

Dec 12, 2011
Stuck at Boot loader, Please Reply

Hi,
I have a Sensation XL, at first, I had a gingerbread on my phone. I updated my phone to ICS. I faced some problems with Wifi.
Then I tried to downgrade my phone. after that my hboot version was changed to 1.25 and got S-Off.
I had access to recovery but I had not access to /sdcard from recovery. I wanted to solve hat. so I changed a line with adb command and now I cannot mount /system and /sdcard.

What Can I DO?!

I tried to change my recovery. but after reboot, I got stuck on blank screen. now I have 1.28 recovery and I can go to bootloader and CWM, but I can not mount /system and /sdcard.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

My E-mail is vahid.keykhaey@gmail.com
Thanks

stona175

Mar 30, 2010
www.stona175.cba.pl
Hi,
I have a Sensation XL, at first, I had a gingerbread on my phone. I updated my phone to ICS. I faced some problems with Wifi.
Then I tried to downgrade my phone. after that my hboot version was changed to 1.25 and got S-Off.
I had access to recovery but I had not access to /sdcard from recovery. I wanted to solve hat. so I changed a line with adb command and now I cannot mount /system and /sdcard.

What Can I DO?!

I tried to change my recovery. but after reboot, I got stuck on blank screen. now I have 1.28 recovery and I can go to bootloader and CWM, but I can not mount /system and /sdcard.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

My E-mail is vahid.keykhaey@gmail.com
Thanks

Download from here the recovery. USB Mounting working ok.

Reactions: Lord_Vahid

doc.mani

Aug 8, 2012
Somebody please help me :(((((((((

Hi,
Somebody please help me as I am in a deep trouble now :(.....
I have a sensation xl with beats audio and its HBOOT is 1.28.0006 and RADIO is 3831.16.00.27_M and CID is HTC_622...
When i opened the box it was on gingerbread and then i upgraded it to ics 4.03 and i unlocked it and now i rooted the phone and installed recovery in it and i flashed Sense_4_Htc_one_v_test_rom_V1 in it :(....This the the mistake i made:crying:...And i didnot made any recoveries or backups of my stock rom...and now i want to go back to my stock rom....Somebody please please help me ...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:...
I relocked it and tried 3 different RUU for sensation xl and again and again i am getting error 131customer id error....
Its not connecting with the pc as a disk drive and in recovery mode its not showing internal memory...
Can somebody please tell me that what is my RUU and what should i do now :((((((....please help

Last edited:

vegasphinx

Hi, I have a question regarding updating stock xl to ics. I've done it on my wife's xl, and now her phone has flicker issues, especially when there's alot of grey color onscreen. Anybody else having this issue? And is there a solution for this? My wife's xl is asia wwe and still unrooted stock ics.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

hendeikse

May 27, 2010
Rom does not detect my storage

Rom does not detect my storage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a big question Rom does not detect my storage

A'm like playing with the HTC HD2 ROMS from 2011 Til , Now got a sensation xl playing with it an -
going grazy got Three Musketeers Sense 4.0 Final Beta after a long time so am like yhaaa
bud its a big illusion.Man!

oooH No! "Rom does not detect my storage" so a have too change the file calld vold.fstab from 34 too 33
got 25 boot

Can't get permanent root

ES File Explorer don't accept root explorer

mistake when saving file from 34 too 33 via ES

Unlocked
RUNNYMEDE S-ON
HB 1.25.0004
RADIO-3822.10.10.12_M
eMMC-BOOT

Please xda help me Out man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Did you flash the supersu root zip after you flashed the rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Well it says in the thread to flash it after flashing the rom, that's why you don't have root.

The best thing you can do now is to get the vold.fstab from the rom zip change it accordingly to what hboot you have and adb push the file to the phone and reboot....

hendeikse

May 27, 2010
Thanks

Well it says in the thread to flash it after flashing the rom, that's why you don't have root.

The best thing you can do now is to get the vold.fstab from the rom zip change it accordingly to what hboot you have and adb push the file to the phone and reboot....

Ok a go ahead with it

A got the 1.25_Hboot_Vold.fsta what command do a need next to adb push the file to the phone

and how whil this help a allready got this

Unlocked
RUNNYMEDE S-ON
HB 1.25.0004
RADIO-3822.10.10.12_M
eMMC-BOOT

yes when a get permanent root a can change the file calld vold.fstab from 34 too 33 whit ES File Explorer

as this what you are referring too?

Last edited:

Giddy0N

Oct 21, 2010
XL Just wont boot into Bootloader

I probably im the only one on Sensation XL forum to post the weirdest problems of all - i say so because i have most likely searched the entire xda for any one with my related issues with no luck. I have given up and hereby hopes someone in here will shade me some light.
I bought a Sensation XL on ebay from HongKong. It has a strange chinese customized ROM that has been making me sick lots of chinese apps and chinese menus that make my using it very hard since i dont understand chinese.

Issues that have gotten me here are:
1. I have tried almost everything i have seen/read on xda to get the phone boot into Bootloader it has never accepted not even once. I have reasons to believe the phone is unlocked because it came with Superuser installed. On starting phone by simultaneously holding Power+Vol Down it gets me to the ! page, from this page Vol keys nor Power key works. Only after pressing Home key a new page with my SD content appears here i'm able to use VOL keys to navigate the SD contents but N.B i cannot use Power button to select only Menu key allows me select.

2.I have tried to install over 10 different ROMS one at a time hoping one shall work with no luck results have always more or less been the same as you can see below;
--install /sdcard
E:signature verification failed
Signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

OR
--Install /sdcard...
E:signature verification failed
E: Cant read misc
(No space left on device)
Signature verification failed
Installation aborted

OR
E:Cant read misc
E:Cant read misc

3. Last Strange thing is the information regarding my current ROM see below;
Model No: G21
Android version: 4.0.9
Baseband version: MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V4.F1.P2,2012/01/31 22:39
Kernel Version 2.6.35.7 user@linux-user#1 Fri May 4 15:20:34 CST2012
Build No: G21 20120504-152327

Have been checking on xda havent seen anyone talk about Android version 4.0.9 and this kind of Model
On running revolutionary it shows this info

Device: G21 <W860-unknown ROM version: W860-user>
Device: W860, with HBOOT unknown is not supported at this time

If anyone has any suggestions for me i would highly appreciate to get this phone really serve my earlier purpose of purchasing it.

Thanks.

hendeikse

May 27, 2010
Rom does not detect my storage.

3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v3
A did not instal supersu root zip after a flashed the rom
so got no root

what can a doe am at a loss!

please the guide got me no where can't change the file called vold.fstab

going insanely grazy please help:crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM - mount & storage - mount usb storage - plug to computer
    how to turn of 3g on htc sensation XL,i cant find it?
    thnks

Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile networks > Network Mode > Select GSM only (WCDMA is 3G)

Voilla!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Hi.
    How is the sound of the speakers raised?
    RCMix Runny XL v1.2 Im use this ROM

Can you be more specific? Doe you mean when the phone is ringing or when you are listening to music or in a call??

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Hi all one quick question why isn't there a ics version of sensation xl? For xe an sensation simple there is.
    It will come ? Somebody Knows when?

That is a leaked version of ICS, could be stable, could be buggy but still just for the XE

all we know for 'sure' is Q1 2012 so anytime from now till March for the ICS SXL release, just keep an ear to the ground for now
    Thank you
    I am not a Dev, but I want get sdcard up to 12 GB by resize system partition that have 4 GB unuse space!
    Do you think it is work?
    Oh, something, write where?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda app-developers app

No it wont work. and your sd card is 8 gb :)
    rooted the phone..
    recovery.img flashed..
    boot.img flashed..
    reboot into recovery..
    wipe data/factory reset..
    and then flashed RCmix3D v.12
    just as requested....
    and i got stuck in the first boot page (white HTC page) :(

wipe data/factory reset again..
    fastboot > factory reset..

and im still there

any help?
    you have to flash the Chinese ROM 1st -> boot it -> wipe -> then flash RCmix3D
    Did you flash the correct version of gapps? For 4.2.2?

Sent from my Find 5 using XDA Premium HD app

I flashed it with right gapps, and still this was happening :(

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Thank you so much for helping. :) I'd be able to do this but I can't access any of the menus in my phone as I can't press the home button. How would I go about deleting date from contacts storage without having to go to the settings menu? :confused:

I'm using clockworkmod if it helps. :)

Could I delete date from contacts storage by formatting something?

Yea and real sorry i meant to type DATA not date... Can you open setting from status bar?