[ROM][02/14/14][4.4.2]AOKP Unofficial Nightlies

Search This thread

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
When testing video on the standby screen there were vertical lines that were flashing on the right hand side. I recorded a quick 6 second clip and click the stop record button. It hung for a few seconds then vibrated. A screen displayed saying kernel crashed and something about demigod. When I pressed the power button it rebooted to the bootloader screen.

Edit: Could not replicate the flashing lines but could replicate the post recording bug.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Im sorry but can you explain "video on the standby screen" for me?
I don't know specifically what you're referring to here...

Nick N

Sep 10, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry, when I open the camera app and switch to video, there were flashing lines on the right side before I started recording anything.

Nick N

Sep 10, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
e8u3esu9.jpg

Wow, I actually registered T-Mobile LTE here in Columbus on my way home. It had the LTE icon before I got the screenshot. My brother gets LTE most places on the Nexus 4.

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
Im sorry but can you explain "video on the standby screen" for me?
I don't know specifically what you're referring to here...
Sorry, when I open the camera app and switch to video, there were flashing lines on the right side before I started recording anything.
+1.....hadn't tried video:(
Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app
My video also crashed. I'm using BaNks' standalone camera app.
Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks for pointing that out, I just noticed that too on CarbonRom built on same source. For now, I'm pretty sure it's either kernel OR caf-drivers related. I'll be reading CAF forums to see if it's being reported too.

Maybe it can be fixed or not.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Can anyone catlog the camera crash/glitch?
On a lead, just want to see if you guys get the same thing I have.

pastebin up to here
http://pastebin.com/ckXJxQJj

Last edited:

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Sorry everyone, came down with a really nasty virus...just getting back into things.
As for the camera issues, I use only the stock camera app, and I see no issues at all with that app.
I'm resyncing/rebuilding today, new build will be up this afternoon.

Buscador

Jun 10, 2006
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Sorry to hear that but glad you feel better. So the camera from the GApps in the OP is not crashing after you record video? I never tried video with it before installing the version with Photosphere.

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Sorry to hear that but glad you feel better. So the camera from the GApps in the OP is not crashing after you record video? I never tried video with it before installing the version with Photosphere.

Scratch that...it did happen, I forgot I had another rom I'm testing on my phone...back on AOKP now.
I'm looking at options right now, but it looks like its the actual aosp based camera2.apk thats causing it.
I tried the camera2.apk from carbon and it worked perfectly, no corruption...

Buscador

Jun 10, 2006
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
I think I shot video on you AOSP 4.4.2 ROM without a crash, but I have gone through several ROMs since then so I can't be sure. I would have just been using the standard BaNks Gapps, with no need to flash the camera separately.

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
I think I shot video on you AOSP 4.4.2 ROM without a crash, but I have gone through several ROMs since then so I can't be sure. I would have just been using the standard BaNks Gapps, with no need to flash the camera separately.

It seems to be a bug in the aosp camera app...as I mentioned earlier, I'm looking at ways to fix this, and I know there are camera apps (slims for one) that don't have any problems.
I'll post as soon as I have everything sorted.

Reactions: icytrey

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP with everything working is here.
    I'll be doing regular builds of this for the foreseeable future.
    As of today, its still VERY early on in the development of AOKP Kitkat release so please keep the expectations in check.
    Most of the features/tweaks we're used to in AOKP are not implemented yet but they are working on it daily.
    For now, its 4.4.2 with a new ROMControl app, superuser built in, and theme support is in place.
    Usual features for my rom such as Canadian dual led support are working.
    With the switch to gproj, as far as I can see, EVERYTHING is now working perfectly.
    The only small cherry pick I did was adding apollo and DSPManager from CM because quite frankly, aosp musicfx is pretty crappy in comparison.
    Do not use ANY other mako based kernels, bad things will likely happen.
    Please report any bugs in this thread, I'll do my best to look at them.

Please download the appropriate rom for you model:
    Use ONLY this Banks Gapps here, AOKP has Google Backup Transport issues right now and ONLY this gapps works. Its a base only, just play store app and transports are installed:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407570904

Someone who tests the E970 version, PLEASE let me know asap!
    Latest E970 gproj based ROM build here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407571494

Latest E970 MD5 here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407571497

Latest E973/E971 gproj based ROM build here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407571496

Latest E973/E971 MD5 here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407571495
    New build up.
    Resynced source.
    Full recompile done.
    Hey all, I'm back and will be releasing some cool stuff very soon.
    After having needed my phone to be stable and FULLY working for a month I came to realize that mako wasn't going to be the answer.
    After I got back from my trip, I decided to get a proper kernel for my aokp builds.
    The only "proper" kernel we have is gproj from the great work by Shell and the rest of the cm team.
    I have a working build for e973/e971 with the gproj kernel with modifications for leds.
    I also added a few features to the kernel such as underclocking/undervolting, some governors, intelliplug from faux123.
    Once the e970 build completes someone with an e970 will need to test it as I don't have one to test on.
    I will update the first post with new links once its all ready to go, prolly about 4 hours from now.
    If any one are flashing this rom can you confirm if it has any more features or is it just vanila>???

It already has some features as mentioned in the op, such as themes support.
    RomControl is being worked on extensively, new features are popping in often...
    Can't wait! AOKP has been one of my favorite roms. Been using beanstalk, but once you release yours I'll definitely switch. I'm grateful for you taking time to work on this!

Get it while its hot!
    Uploads just finished.
    Have fun and enjoy a nice working camera and auto brightness!