[Q] Storage capacity?

Search This thread

j-skeelz

Oct 31, 2012
San Leonardo City
Ok, so i bought a New Nexus 7 2013 with 16gb of storage. Does the storage capacity affect the whole performance of the tablet in anyway? It sucks that it doesnt have a micro sd card slot. I have a 16gb sd card on my phone i was thinking to use it on the Nexus but sadly it doesnt work that way. Im worried coz i know it isnt really 16gb , mostly when they say 16 / 32 / 8 etc , its not the absolute amount so if 16 then i would say the available is only 14gb plus the bloatware (if it has) then then ill say the only user available is 12 or 10? And does the 16gb differ from the 32gb one besides the user available storage? I hope not. Thank you in advance to the one that will answer each of my questions informatively. Cheers.

P.S We are talking about Asus Google Nexus 7 2013 (2nd Gen) 16gb WiFi Only.

Rahul721

Feb 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Ok, so i bought a New Nexus 7 2013 with 16gb of storage. Does the storage capacity affect the whole performance of the tablet in anyway? It sucks that it doesnt have a micro sd card slot. I have a 16gb sd card on my phone i was thinking to use it on the Nexus but sadly it doesnt work that way. Im worried coz i know it isnt really 16gb , mostly when they say 16 / 32 / 8 etc , its not the absolute amount so if 16 then i would say the available is only 14gb plus the bloatware (if it has) then then ill say the only user available is 12 or 10? And does the 16gb differ from the 32gb one besides the user available storage? I hope not. Thank you in advance to the one that will answer each of my questions informatively. Cheers.

P.S We are talking about Asus Google Nexus 7 2013 (2nd Gen) 16gb WiFi Only.

Its an average 11.5 gb free
The 16gb and 32gb have the exact same hardware

THEBANDIT420

Aug 19, 2013
When your storage gets full your I/O speeds do slow down i try to have at least 2gb free at anyone time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: j-skeelz

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Motorola Edge+ (2022)
Other than storage, 16 and 32 GB model are identical. The operating system takes around 5gb I think. As far as bloat,... Its a nexus, it has no bloat. Only Google and aosp apps. No SD slot because Google is trying to push us to cloud storage. You can always use a USB otg and thumb drive. I also saw a micro SD card reader that plugs right in to the micro USB port.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When your storage gets full your I/O speeds do slow down i try to have at least 2gb free at anyone time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app