Stylus?

Search This thread

hi im simon

Jan 14, 2009
what app are you guys planning to use with the stylus?

i'm looking for an app that takes notes and if possible change what i type into text. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Simon

t140568

Jun 6, 2009
Morris, IL
www.timardan.com
I use my stylus for Sketchbook Mobile. As for note-taking apps, I came across Palm's Grafiti app, but it didn't perform well on my G1. I haven't tried it on my NC yet. It installs like a keyboard and can then be used in any notetaking app.

Sent from my NookColor via the XDA app.

C

cruxx

I use it for Sketchbook also.

For notes I unfortunately have no idea as I never looked for one :(

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using XDA App

blackderbyhat

Sep 24, 2010
I would imagine it works much like the wacom bamboo, which has capacitive touch and a stylus, but the stylus is not capacitive. I have one of the bamboos, so i can verify that this is the case.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

I think it just has the wacom digitizer in addition to it's touch screen.

x-ravin

Apr 7, 2010
BoxWave is a no-go for notes, way too much pressure needed and it seems pretty inconsistent to where it actually writes. I have high hopes for the Dagi, so I hope it gets here soon!

ictguy78

Nov 11, 2009
Just received my Dagi stylus.... works splendidly. They sent both the P005B and a free P101 stylus - both of which work well. No stuttering. No dashed lines. No other nonsense. The Dagi has a nice 12mm transparent tip so you can see exactly where you're writing. I love it.

Also, while I cannot comment on every Wacom stylus, I can say my wife's did not work with the Nook. (As expected). Do they even make a capacitive stylus?

I placed my order directly with Dagi. Excellent customer service. I ordered the P005B and they threw in a W201. I'll post back my results when I get them.

bobzdar

Jan 14, 2011
Have you guys tried evernote for note taking? I used this on my older tablet PC with resistive screen and it worked pretty well with OCR, sorting notes and allowing good drawings (could straighten lines and make proper curves). If the Dagi stylus works well, I could see getting rid of my notebooks and using evernote.

x-ravin

Apr 7, 2010
Ok the Dagi 501 is awesome! Perfect for notes! Doesn't really need any pressure and you can see exactly where it will write. The smaller 101, which they seem to be giving away as a promo, is a no go. Mine at least leaves holes in drawings and writing. Must not have enough capacitance to actuate the screen. Maybe if I have time I'll do a video demo.

Tl;Dr: Dagi 501 is perfect for note taking and drawing on the Nook.

Farnk

Jan 9, 2011
Would someone who has the Dagi 501 be willing to get "Touch Test" from the market and test the line drawing with the stylus vs using a finger? Most of the comments have been good on this forum, but I'm curious how the raw data looks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also, if you don't mind spend the money, a Pogo Stylus are supposed to be the best.
    I bought a pogo for my wife's iPad and it works perfectly on it. Using it on my NC is a completely different story. Usually, drawing with a Pogo results in VERY choppy/dashed lines instead of the desired straight/smooth lines.

For those wanting TouchTest images, I took a couple screenshots on my NC. I used my Dagi P501 on the right and my left index finger on the left. I tried drawing the lines with the same speed. While it's not perfect, I hope this is what you were looking for. If you need something different, let me know as I've never really used TouchTest before. I used TouchTest v1.4 for this.
    Just received my Dagi stylus.... works splendidly. They sent both the P005B and a free P101 stylus - both of which work well. No stuttering. No dashed lines. No other nonsense. The Dagi has a nice 12mm transparent tip so you can see exactly where you're writing. I love it.

Also, while I cannot comment on every Wacom stylus, I can say my wife's did not work with the Nook. (As expected). Do they even make a capacitive stylus?

Hey got a quick write up about the Dagi P501 and it's use with Handrite and Sketchbook Mobile. Comes with video as well! The Ruling: It's better than a finger!

http://www.ohtheresourdog.com/tech/?p=111
    I currently use one. I tried the Pogo stylus with and without one and only used the Dagi with one.

Hey,

Here's my video test of the Griffin stylus on the Nook Color. Same results as everyone here. I don't recommend the stylus. This stylus was the best reviewed stylus on the iPad, even better than the Dagi. I don't like Dagi because its tip. So far no good stylus on the Nook Color. Capacitive screen just plain sucks with stylus IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi6PC_Mkm5o