Can't unlock? Try this!

Search This thread

Trevor_g

Jul 6, 2008
Finally scraped up the nerve to unlock my TF701 last night. Running Chromi-X with no issues. (Great experience so far!)

However -- once I sideloaded the Asus unlock tool and tried to unlock, I received the same misleading "internet connection" errors that others have reported. I swear, I hit the "unlock" button a hundred times in a row... no dice. Very frustrating!

As a last ditch effort, I connected my tablet to my phone (tethered over BT)... BOOM. First try!
It asked me for my Google credentials immediately, and I was unlocked. For some reason, the unlock tool didn't like my home WiFi connection?

So give that a shot if it helps.

-Trevor

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

suprtrukr425

Feb 26, 2010
Virginia
Finally scraped up the nerve to unlock my TF701 last night. Running Chromi-X with no issues. (Great experience so far!)

However -- once I sideloaded the Asus unlock tool and tried to unlock, I received the same misleading "internet connection" errors that others have reported. I swear, I hit the "unlock" button a hundred times in a row... no dice. Very frustrating!

As a last ditch effort, I connected my tablet to my phone (tethered over BT)... BOOM. First try!
It asked me for my Google credentials immediately, and I was unlocked. For some reason, the unlock tool didn't like my home WiFi connection?

-Trevor

Thank you for this. I was about to pull my hair out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-Trevor