[Q] LG Optimus L3 (E400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Angelcho

Nov 13, 2012
Hi all,

I've been reading this forum about succesfully rooting the LG Optimus E400, but untill now i didn't succeed.
I have tried multiple .kdz files. Tried both the europe open and the netherlands kdz files.

The oldest one where V10C EU / V10C NL dated 28-02-2012. I have tried the V10I EU / NL V10K EU / NL, official stockrom V10J NL E400GO, and currently running V10N EU stock.

I also have tried multiple computers and operating systems. Windows 7 64 bit / Windows XP and Ubuntu 32 bit. Ubuntu didn't recognize my phone, and the others fail over permission denied.

I have tried different scripts using adb, which have succes stories. Also tried oneclickroot and other tools. All fail.

Getting in adb shell, I can push files (to rw dirs), browse, pul files, make files etc, but not to the directory's su and busybox needs to go to.
Those give permission denied. Filesystem is read only. And adb root gives me not allowed in production builds.

So the only simulair thing is the driver i use. LGUnitedMobileDriver S4981MAN38AP22 ML WHQL Ver 3.8.1, downloaded officially from the LG site. Which driver version you used when rooting the L3 succesfully? I really want to root my device so i can transfer most of my programs to the internal sd.

try the new ones (v10l/v10m). I succeded rooting these, and I had the same problem on v10d. My advice is to try the new ones, or simply update the fw through lg pc suite and root

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

skinlee78

Sep 2, 2008
try the new ones (v10l/v10m). I succeded rooting these, and I had the same problem on v10d. My advice is to try the new ones, or simply update the fw through lg pc suite and root

I have tried v10c / v10d / v10i / v10j / v10k / v10n. The L and M didn't try yet. Now downloading O, P and Q, so I keep my fingers crossed. Will let you know the results.

Only question, do you run 32 or 64 bit OS?

turvat1377

Sep 5, 2012
Quezon city
Hi all,

I've been reading this forum about succesfully rooting the LG Optimus E400, but untill now i didn't succeed.
I have tried multiple .kdz files. Tried both the europe open and the netherlands kdz files.

The oldest one where V10C EU / V10C NL dated 28-02-2012. I have tried the V10I EU / NL V10K EU / NL, official stockrom V10J NL E400GO, and currently running V10N EU stock.

I also have tried multiple computers and operating systems. Windows 7 64 bit / Windows XP and Ubuntu 32 bit. Ubuntu didn't recognize my phone, and the others fail over permission denied.

I have tried different scripts using adb, which have succes stories. Also tried oneclickroot and other tools. All fail.

Getting in adb shell, I can push files (to rw dirs), browse, pul files, make files etc, but not to the directory's su and busybox needs to go to.
Those give permission denied. Filesystem is read only. And adb root gives me not allowed in production builds.

So the only simulair thing is the driver i use. LGUnitedMobileDriver S4981MAN38AP22 ML WHQL Ver 3.8.1, downloaded officially from the LG site. Which driver version you used when rooting the L3 succesfully? I really want to root my device so i can transfer most of my programs to the internal sd.

Ok try following this method...

NOTE: Make sure your phone is connected to your computer. Choose PC software as your connection setting and USB debugging is enabled.
Disable your anti-virus

1. Extract the this file http://www.mediafire.com/?i321012i1dmu634
2. Go to the directory where you extracted the file you have downloaded.
3. Open SuperOneClick.exe
4. Under Exploit option (Top right corner) choose rageagainstthecage after that just click the root button and wait for a couple of seconds and you're done.

I tried this method in all version you've mentioned above and I did it succesfully. Don't forget to update me.

Last edited:
Reactions: etotako

erikrecca

Oct 2, 2012
Hij every one.
I have a problem.
When i try put a other boot animation on the new cm9.
I doesn't install it.
I rename The file to (bootanimation.zip)
Then i try toe copy it to (system/media)
But i can not paste it in there. Because The cm 9 is there and i can't remove The cm 9 zip. :-s
Does anyone know wat toe do?
Greetings Sander.
sorry for my bad english

cyanogenmod 9 with overclock kernel

You must enable mount read-write. It is in Your File Manager :D

Sent from my LG-E400 using xda app-developers app

skinlee78

Sep 2, 2008
Ok, I'm didn't have much time to test, hope I will have more time today.

Right now my LG is running the UK v10q version.
I have tried to root with the spectrum_root_windows / LG Optimus L3 Root Tool for Linux scripts
- On Windows 7 64bit fail :crying:
- On Windows XP SP3 bluescreen :eek:
- Ubuntu 10.04.2 no connection, but i notice i have to install the android SDK to trigger the adb driver. Downloading now.
- Right now I'm looking for a Windows 7 32 bit, hope that will do the job.

Ok try following this method...

NOTE: Make sure your phone is connected to your computer. Choose PC software as your connection setting and USB debugging is enabled.
Disable your anti-virus

1. Extract the this file http://www.mediafire.com/?i321012i1dmu634
2. Go to the directory where you extracted the file you have downloaded.
3. Open SuperOneClick.exe
4. Under Exploit option (Top right corner) choose rageagainstthecage after that just click the root button and wait for a couple of seconds and you're done.

I tried this method in all version you've mentioned above and I did it succesfully. Don't forget to update me.

SuperOneClick didn't root my device with the default 2.3.3 exploits in it. Downloading rageagainstthecage gives me a trojan horse alarm, so i'm not really happy to use this method on my pc. If all fails I will try your solution, but untill now I hope to find a safer solution. Thanks for the tip!!

Angelcho

Nov 13, 2012
you don't need sdk . the spectrum root tool has adb in the zip, you just need the latest lg drivers

skinlee78

Sep 2, 2008
No, I need the adb command on Ubuntu, which isn't default enabled. At my work the apt-get install is blocked by the proxy, so I have to test that tonight.

Meanwhile I have tested the script with a clean Windows 7 32 bit, with no firewall and no anti virus software. The same result. Permission denied...
So I'm not sure anymore what i'm doing wrong.

misterff1

Sep 18, 2012
Apeldoorn
OnePlus Nord
When we can expect cm10 or aopk?

AOKP is already ported, but YayaKuya has some trouble uploading the file.. just be patient.. it will ba available shortly. just check these forums and e400roms.blogspot.com.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Ok, I'm didn't have much time to test, hope I will have more time today.

Right now my LG is running the UK v10q version.
I have tried to root with the spectrum_root_windows / LG Optimus L3 Root Tool for Linux scripts
- On Windows 7 64bit fail :crying:
- On Windows XP SP3 bluescreen :eek:
- Ubuntu 10.04.2 no connection, but i notice i have to install the android SDK to trigger the adb driver. Downloading now.
- Right now I'm looking for a Windows 7 32 bit, hope that will do the job.

SuperOneClick didn't root my device with the default 2.3.3 exploits in it. Downloading rageagainstthecage gives me a trojan horse alarm, so i'm not really happy to use this method on my pc. If all fails I will try your solution, but untill now I hope to find a safer solution. Thanks for the tip!!

Okay dude, you are really thinking the wrong way here. adb, android SDK and all those programs dont have anything to do with rooting your device!
what you need to do is:

- make sure you have V10I installed on your phone
- use your windows 7 computer(NOT LINUX) and a USB 2.0 port
- download the LG Spectrum tools from here: http://vulnfactory.org/public/spectrum_root_windows.zip
- unzip that file to your desktop
- download the LG mass storage drivers from here: http://algmcdn.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425 and install it
- enable USB debugging on your phone( settings> applications> development > USB debugging)
- connect your phone to the computer using a USB 2.0 port
- wait until your phone is fully connected to the pc(make sure your phone is turned on)
- run the .bat file in the extracted .zip folder
- follow the steps(if it sais that some process is being started, wait for a couple of minutes, because it might start after a while. if that doenst happen, start it again and because the process is started this time, it will work.)

any other method will most likely not work

good luck and tell me if this worked:good:

PS. one thing I dont get: how can you change your stock version everytime if your phone is not rooted?? isnt it just rooted already?

skinlee78

Sep 2, 2008
AOKP is already ported, but YayaKuya has some trouble uploading the file.. just be patient.. it will ba available shortly. just check these forums and e400roms.blogspot.com.

- download the LG mass storage drivers from here: http://algmcdn.lgmobile.com/dn/downl...=UW00120120425 and install it

PS. one thing I dont get: how can you change your stock version everytime if your phone is not rooted?? isnt it just rooted already?

The driver link gives me access denied, but it seems to be an other one i'm using.

About the changing the stock rom, I use the official kdz flasher with official kdz files. Shouldn't i be able to do this without root?

Last edited:

chinthyrev

Feb 13, 2013
Hello guys. Can anyone tell me how to increase my internal memory(Phone Memory 160MB)? I used titanium backup to move apps to sd. But it only has 35MB left. I saw some things called swap or something like that. Can someone tel me about that?

misterff1

Sep 18, 2012
Apeldoorn
OnePlus Nord
The driver link gives me access denied, but it seems to be an other one i'm using.

About the changing the stock rom, I use the official kdz flasher with official kdz files. Shouldn't i be able to do this without root?

As far as i know kdz doesnt work without root, but im not sure.. the driverlink can be found on the product support page of the lg l3(just look for it on the LG site)

ajeesh vijayan

Sep 10, 2012
kerala
Hello guys. Can anyone tell me how to increase my internal memory(Phone Memory 160MB)? I used titanium backup to move apps to sd. But it only has 35MB left. I saw some things called swap or something like that. Can someone tel me about that?

swap internal external SD(Google it)

..you need root..or use link2sd.. you need to partition external SD.. both fat32 stock rom..primary fat32 secondary ext2 cm9..use mini tool

Reactions: chinthyrev

skinlee78

Sep 2, 2008
As far as i know kdz doesnt work without root, but im not sure.. the driverlink can be found on the product support page of the lg l3(just look for it on the LG site)

I know su isn't installed on my phone, and superuser.apk the same story, so as far as i know my phone isn't rooted at all.
The 2 download links you gave me I already tried, and give me exactly the same result.
I already used the same driver, and also the same script (and many others).

But why you say this problem hasn't anything to do with adb? Edit run.bat and see how many adb commands are in it. Without adb this script will certainly fail. I think i'm going to use the Rageagainstthecage exploit tomorrow on a network disconnected pc, hope that it will help.

Thanks anyway for all the good suggestions and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to keep you guys informed: The servers are on cooldown currently, so I am not working on the site right now. I am doing this from time to time to guarantee a good site performance. As for the download servers: I will upload the files to several hosting services and when one throws me out there will be only a couple of downloads unavailable for a few hours(there will be a page to show the server status so you can check that out too). I hope that this will solve all the issues I had before I left. Everything should be ready within two weeks from now(and this time I mean it :D)
    I had some sex with CM10 source and 3.4 kernel: :p
    2a80mc4.png
    I'm back!

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I banned myself from the internet because of school, but I'm back!
    The reason I left was because I had to focus on school if I wanted to make it this year, but this didn't work out as I wanted.

I have followed the blog that hecaex took over from me lately and I noticed that it has moved to another place several times.
    Well, those days will be over soon, because I'm 'rebooting' e400 ROMs and this time it will stay at the same place.

I'm working very hard to finish this new site, but I have some hosting issues(as usual:p), so I can't publish it right now.
    however, I can already give you some features of this new site that will be included:

- Pinboard style theme with featured images, It gives a grid effect which is very nice when browsing ROMs
    - Developers can submit their own ROMs!
    - you can become a member and have your own profile page(especially usefull for developers)
    - Direct messages to other members
    - ROM rating(so developers, you can now compete with eachother for the best rating:D)
    - A support chat at the bottom of the website, so you can ask me questions when I'm online through the chat

This is not everything yet, but it gives you a picture of what the new site will contain;)
    I will also work on the e400 ROMs app again and you will be redirected to a download page of it when you visit the site on mobile.
    I will post more info and the link soon and from now on I will be active in the facebook groups, this forum and the modaco forum again.

I hope you guys forgive me for leaving for nothing(since I screwed up this schoolyear anyway) and that you will like my new site!

Misterff1
    4shared.com/zip/gXvhV_JK/stock_recovery_restorer.html
    That was the zip that i used by the message ''stock recovery restored''

V10i i allready tried to.
    But im going to try it again after dinner :)

EDIT: This is where i downloaded the kdz file.

lg-phones.org/official-lg-optimus-l3-firmware-download.html

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

KDZ Settings

Type: 3GQCT
    Version: V10I_00
    Phonemode: DIAG

Result:
    L3 Reboots till LG logo, Like everytime
    Rebooting gets me back to CWM Recovery.

KDZ LOG FILE:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/qfvNu47T/KDZ_FW_UPD_log.html

You have to adb to bootloader from cmd line in windows
    adb reboot-bootloader
    and then fastboot stock recovery (see attachment)
    and use from cmd line

fastboot

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

at last u type fastboot reboot
    make sure u put adb / fastboot / recovery.img in preferably c:tools

Thanks Marvinzek for the files
    to be able to port bug-free cm10

i guess we have to upgrade our kernel first.

other devs hv been using this idea since then and successfully created good cm10 builds for other phones

wait for our cm maintainers (official and unofficial) because i know they are the only ones whos in capable of doing that or if u could release one, do it instead

Some really good devs are working on cm10 when they have the device...
    The team called TeamHackLG (2 guys are from pecancm team)
    Are working on cm10/.1/.2 for L5 and L7 and they will support our device too!
    They told me that they will get the l3 in some days and they will start instantly to build cm10 for us!