Search This thread

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
About

Since there is still no device specific forum for the Acer Liquid E2,
i'd like to make this thread a place where every E2 owner can share their questions and tips regarding this awesome device :)

If there is a link or interesting website regarding the Acer Liquid E2 please PM so I can put it on the second post so no one has to search the entire thread for a answer :)

And please post as many times in the new device thread so they wil give us a device specific forum because this device really deserves its own forum :)

Last edited:

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
Since I'm using a custom ROM (Androlum 4.2.2) I don't have a problem with updates but maybe you could try to update your e2 using the application from Acer to re-update or repair your liquid e2 (it's on there official website under support>Acer liquid e2 >OS )
You won't lose any of your data or applications so just try that and maybe the problem will be gone
(The only thing you will lose is root)
Hope this helps :)

PS: make sure you download the compatible restore application (single or dual sim)

Sent from my V370

dragonflo

May 26, 2013
Since I'm using a custom ROM (Androlum 4.2.2) I don't have a problem with updates but maybe you could try to update your e2 using the application from Acer to re-update or repair your liquid e2 (it's on there official website under support>Acer liquid e2 >OS )
You won't lose any of your data or applications so just try that and maybe the problem will be gone
(The only thing you will lose is root)
Hope this helps :)

PS: make sure you download the compatible restore application (single or dual sim)

Sent from my V370
I don't find it on their site. Should it be on this page or not?

Attachments

• Acer_Download_20130817-135813.jpg
    Acer_Download_20130817-135813.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 678

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
I don't find it on their site. Should it be on this page or not?

thats weird :)
normaly it should be on that page under OS :)
witch version do you have (single or dual sim) than i could direct you directly to the download page of the belgium site :)

EDIT:
It seems they removed that application from every acer site!?
I hope ypu have the single sim version because i've only the restore aplication for the single sim E2 so I could post a link to it in my dropbox :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonflo

nisnos

Feb 5, 2013
I cant get this to work?
I have root but get error every time I try to run the zip file from recovery(android recovery as I cant get cm)
What am I doing wrong?

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Sorted...
Just repeated everything on an old xp machine - worked after the 4th attempt

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
I cant get this to work?
I have root but get error every time I try to run the zip file from recovery(android recovery as I cant get cm)
What am I doing wrong?

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Sorted...
Just repeated everything on an old xp machine - worked after the 4th attempt

had the same problem and needed a xp pc to get this to work :)
now I'm happely rooted, have CWM and running the latest androlum rom
this smartphone is a real beast :)

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
Just got the liquid e2 today from my local three store and I must say it's amazing for £149 squid and deserves its own forum for sure how dose one go about rooting is there a one click tool available yet :D

Sent from my V370 using Tapatalk 2

If you want to root your liquid e2 you just need to use motochopper from this XDA thread :) super easy and safe :)

Reactions: DoobyDroid

elsenhor

Oct 25, 2012
Hi everyone!

Has anyone found the possibility to set an mp3 from the sd card as ringtone or notification sound? I had to download a third party app to be able to do that...

Thanks for your help!

By the way I'm on the latest stock ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About

Since there is still no device specific forum for the Acer Liquid E2,
    i'd like to make this thread a place where every E2 owner can share their questions and tips regarding this awesome device :)

If there is a link or interesting website regarding the Acer Liquid E2 please PM so I can put it on the second post so no one has to search the entire thread for a answer :)

And please post as many times in the new device thread so they wil give us a device specific forum because this device really deserves its own forum :)
    Useful links and tips

Root Acer Liquid e2
    An easy step by step guide for rooting the Acer Liquid E2
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47320580#post47320580

For liquid e2 users who are running Android version 4.2.2 the above root methods will not work instead use the method described in this thread

Acer Liquid e2 Recovery
    Here You'll find a easy step by step guide on how to install the Clocworkmod recovery (CWM)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47450764#post47450764
    Here is the quick and easy guide on how to install TWPR recovery on the acer liquid e2
    TWPR Recovery for Acer Liquid E2

CWM 6.0.5.0 for Acer Liquid E2 Thanks to Shreps

Acer Liquid e2 Restore aplications

Many people have had problems with restoring their phone due to the lack of a recovery application.

Several months back acer had an application placed on their website to restore both the Acer liquid e 2 duo as the Acer Liquid restore. E2 single sim version.
    Unfortunately they removed this aplication e few days afterwards with the result that many people are faced with a bricked phone.

So to restore your Acer Liquid e2

folow the step by step guide in this thread ;) !!

Custom Roms for Acer Liquid e2

AcerClover Beta 1

JELLYXPERIA #ROM port by Bon3ll

ACER LIQUID E2 DUO SC0RPION Not supported by developer anymore
    MIUI 5 Original v1 for Acer liquid E2

ROM by arrowblue

[/SIZE]If there is something I you want me to add in this post feel free to send me a pm :)
    Maybe also nice to include: (Let me know if you preffer not to see this in here!, or Delete it ;) )
    !I know there's a way to swap Internal memory with your SD, but i'm not a big fan of that :)!

http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/155072-tutoliquid-e2-etendre-sa-partition-data-a-15225go
    (I know it's in French)

This will increase your acer 1GB internal storage to 1,5/2/2,5GB (Taken from your Phone memory)
    It works very well, but it needs a custom recovery for the nandroid backup you need.
    You need to Erase all data/cache on your Liquid E2 and you do need to set it up again as a new phone after executing it
    You need to register on the FrAndroid forums to be able to download the files (Sorry nothing i can do about it, i will not link cause i don't know if the allow it)
    I used it on an "Acer Liquid E2 (V370) Single Sim version, but it should work on the Dual Sim version to

1. You need "ROOT" for this
    1. Be sure to have latest CWM recovery installed (I used CWM v6.0.3.5)
    (If you have anything lower, use "MobileUncleTool" to upgrade your CWM recovery with the one provided on the FrAndroid Forums)
    2. Reboot into CWM recovery
    3. Make a nandroid backup and reboot your phone
    4. Download the "AcerV370RE.apk" file from Fandroid forums and put it on your External SD or Download from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!wVp3QTIL!cAVGgnLW2mNTMLyIz9MBCGnparYnQ1ZsDc5N64gbM3Q
    5. Install it BUT DON't execute it yet
    6. Turn off your phone and take out your External SD (Or unmount your External SD cart and take it out)
    7. Execute "Acer V370 Rom Edit" (The installed AcerV370RE.apk)

Screenshot_2013_12_17_21_49_13.png

8. Choose your option:
    - Partion Stock (1GB) -> Default size of 1GB
    - 1,5GB
    - 2,0GB
    - 2,5GB
    - Partion Stock (1GB) -> Default size of 1GB (I don't know why it is shown 2x)

You have to figure out yourself what's best for you, after some testing i did go for the 2,0GB option and that turns out very well
    (When you don't want to do it go for "Sortir" (Exit))

09. After you have decided what option to go with press "OK" to confirm it
    10. When it's done, choose "Reboot en Recovery" and confirm with "OK"
    11. Your phone will now reboot into CWM recovery
    12. Wipe cache partition
    13. Wipe data/factory reset
    13x. Go to advanced and Wipe dalvik cache (Not really needed but i did it to be sure)
    14. Reboot system now

15. Now choose your language and setup your acer like a new phone, you don't need to set up a Google account, just skip it and skip the acer Registration stuff to. Once you are on the main home screen go to settings and storage to check your storage, if you did go for the 2,0GB option your screen shoul look like this:

Screenshots are taken after i put back my Nandroid backup! I did set the language to English for it instead of Dutch/Flemish) ;)
    Don't mind the "Total Space 2.35GB" showing, whatever option you choose, it will always show this!

Screenshot_2013_12_17_22_02_30.png
    Screenshot_2013_12_17_22_02_38.png

16. Reboot into CWM recovery again and restore your nandroid backup
    17. If everything did go well, you should now have everything back as before and a working Acer Liquid E2 with 2GB internal storage instead of 1GB

Hope you understood my quick English explanation
    All credits go to"t-minik" from the FrAndroid Forums (Also on XDA Forum)

Hi DjoeN
    Please, feel free to add the apk link to download directly, you could do that from the beginning, the more happy user we are, the better it is ;)
    here is the link : https://mega.co.nz/#!wVp3QTIL!cAVGgnLW2mNTMLyIz9MBCGnparYnQ1ZsDc5N64gbM3Q

all credits goes to Meteos from Movilesdualsim forum for his EBR Tweak method !

Messing around with this can be dangerous, I and Anyone else are NOT responsible if you screwup!
    You don't need to do it, that's your decision and yours only! I only provided an English translation!
    based on androlium 1.0.4 single sim.

ok guys i have i new modded rom based on androlium 1.0.4
    i changed a few things its now with the android launcher 4.4 ,email google+ etc.
    i removed also the files for the dual sim.
    so its only for single sim now .
    i added in settings/screen a option for changing different battery styles now:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3newegpznI&feature=youtu.be

here is the link

http://sdrv.ms/1igRdTi

link is updated to the latest version.
    everything updated to latest version + added 4.4 sounds and a new dsp manager.
    see screenshots for the new dsp manager.
    hey Guys,

I am making a rom for Acer liquid E2 its normally for singel sim version but should work fine on dual too.its stock rom modified for performance and long battery life, fully xposed framekwork with gravitybox Kitkat launcher and much more, it has still some bugs that i need to fix but preety soon i will release it.