Final Fantasy IV & V

Search This thread

shadowhero

Feb 20, 2014
Has anyone got either of thse games working on root?
i just get a black screen then it exits to home when i try and run it.

i've currently got SM-P605 running on hanspampel rom.

I installed the APK n copied the opp files to android/opp/
and i don't have xposed installed.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Cant share info like that on xda, goes against forum rules.

But ur failing the license check.

Id recommend the SNES emulator.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OP didnt say he downloaded the apk illegally or that its a rom he stole. Its an apk that didnt work for some reason. He could have easily pulled the install files from another device he owns on which he payed for the game. And root check could be keeping something he paid for from working. While he may have gotten it illegally its rude to automatically assume that he did so. lets be more friendly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

moabizzi

Ok, no need to be robin hood, but moving files doesnt need to be done if he alreqdy owned the game. Save files move over with an issue, but its the license check which is screwing him over.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Ok, no need to be robin hood, but moving files doesnt need to be done if he alreqdy owned the game. Save files move over with an issue, but its the license check which is screwing him over.

Not if he had it on another device. Save files wouldn't move over automatically. Not trying to robin hood lol. Just saying you are probably right about the license check though. I also believe some games have root checkers. Op could try to use wanam to hide root from it and see if that works.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

neothunder

Jan 2, 2008
Paris
I have both on my rooted 605, and they both work flawlessly.

To those stating that he could have transferred them from one device to the other: Since these games are referenced as compatible, he can re-download them on his 605. I have them on both my Note 3 (also rooted) and my Note 10.1 2014ed. (yes, I know, it's useless, I need to uninstall them from the Note 3...)

On the other hand, while these Final Fantasy work without any problem, I've never been able to see anything from Drakerider, also from SquareEnix. It seems they have discontinued support since android 4.3.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2014
"OBB" files are nestled well into the android OS file tree becuase its mainly registry and DMR verification files which are installed during the APK process....
save files.. character files and extra game data files are almost ALWYAS stored either in secondary memory.. or external data sections in directories named after the game or the developer itself.

this means.. YES>. admitting that they are having to transfer over OBB files when the APK installs them automattically is him in an indirect way admitting hes a stolen APK.
and likly an outdated one with bugs for newer versions of android OPS which are fixed on newer files.

robinhooding or not.. regulations are there to prevent said developers from attacking and shutting down the website for illegal behavior.. no matter what the views of the individual poster or moderator might be.
all it takes is one person crossing the line tothe point one person decides to press a lawsuit.. and XDA is shut down.

simply put.. if he has the legit version off of google play its already giving him an option to auto update.. and as weve seen for other 1.1-2014 users.. the games work fine for the tablet... he onl yneeds to update through google play and play his heart out.

if hes having to transfer the registery files.. then the likely scenarrio is its NOT a legit copy.. is vastly outdated.. and hes byond our help becuase were not alowed to doscuss how to get hacked/stolen files to function.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "OBB" files are nestled well into the android OS file tree becuase its mainly registry and DMR verification files which are installed during the APK process....
    save files.. character files and extra game data files are almost ALWYAS stored either in secondary memory.. or external data sections in directories named after the game or the developer itself.

this means.. YES>. admitting that they are having to transfer over OBB files when the APK installs them automattically is him in an indirect way admitting hes a stolen APK.
    and likly an outdated one with bugs for newer versions of android OPS which are fixed on newer files.

robinhooding or not.. regulations are there to prevent said developers from attacking and shutting down the website for illegal behavior.. no matter what the views of the individual poster or moderator might be.
    all it takes is one person crossing the line tothe point one person decides to press a lawsuit.. and XDA is shut down.

simply put.. if he has the legit version off of google play its already giving him an option to auto update.. and as weve seen for other 1.1-2014 users.. the games work fine for the tablet... he onl yneeds to update through google play and play his heart out.

if hes having to transfer the registery files.. then the likely scenarrio is its NOT a legit copy.. is vastly outdated.. and hes byond our help becuase were not alowed to doscuss how to get hacked/stolen files to function.