[ROM][4.4][UNOFFICIAL] SlimKat

Search This thread

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
You can enable/disable 'call screening' in GV - either globally, or on a per-group basis.

Thanks for the info..

So far this is what battery life has been like with WiFi.. And a lot of reddit..

Changed the governor to msm-dcvs.. The CPU frequencies seem to stay the same on both cores.. Not sure if that would be better on battery or not though
Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390216119971.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390216119971.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

b3bluesman

Apr 23, 2013
Denton, TX
I've always been a big fan of the Slim roms ever since I first rooted my Nexus S 4g. Any how I flashed this one onto my Q and now I've lost all connectivity. I have no phone signal whatsoever and bluetooth and wifi won't even turn on. When I go through the mobile settings to lok for AP's it tells me to insert a sim card and I've never had to use a sim card on this one before. Any ideas?

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I've always been a big fan of the Slim roms ever since I first rooted my Nexus S 4g. Any how I flashed this one onto my Q and now I've lost all connectivity. I have no phone signal whatsoever and bluetooth and wifi won't even turn on. When I go through the mobile settings to lok for AP's it tells me to insert a sim card and I've never had to use a sim card on this one before. Any ideas?

Hm. Did you try just rebooting?

I booted this on my phone, worked great. Clean flash I assume?

Edit - which gapps?

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Yes it was a clean flash. All partitions were reformatted before flashing and the only recovery that I could get to work was Open Recovery because my digitizer is busted. Could that have something to do with it?

O... I have no idea. My Photon Q works fine on this ROM... DPI is just small for my crappy eyes and stubby fingers :p

I'm hoping to make the device an official Slim device in fact, shouldn't take much. Maybe that will help.

Reactions: Talon65442

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
is there any update about this ROM ?
or can you share the source tree ?

Well I wasn't able to make the Photon Q official, but I believe the unified 'moto_msm8960' device is now an official Slim device.

I haven't personally tried it - although I recall my changes for keyboard eventually getting merged - so give it a shot, let me know how it works and I'll change the OP. I spose I could do the same, but probably won't be today :p

schmandroid

Apr 29, 2013
Perth
Hi aargh, are you saying that the msm8960 'official' download from the 'slim' download section will (should) work?

Sent from my XT897 using XDA Free mobile app

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hi aargh, are you saying that the msm8960 'official' download from the 'slim' download section will (should) work?

Well, builds prior to July 1st this would have been true.

On the Photon Q, you'll need the _jbbl device - which it seems Slim does not support officially unfortunately.

schmandroid

Apr 29, 2013
Perth
Ok thanks,

I've downloaded the 20140118 zip, can you confirm this is the one to use? Or is there a better build?

Last edited:

tomberenger

Jul 24, 2007
zip download

arrrghhh, looks like the Slim-xt897-4.4.2.beta.2.3-UNOFFICIAL-20140118-2219.zip is downloading a ~103 mb file, and Winrar, compressed folders, 7-zip all report a truncated archive. (I didn't check this until the ROM failed to flash the first time after download). Any chance you can re-upload this one or check the file? Thank you in advance :)

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
arrrghhh, looks like the Slim-xt897-4.4.2.beta.2.3-UNOFFICIAL-20140118-2219.zip is downloading a ~103 mb file, and Winrar, compressed folders, 7-zip all report a truncated archive. (I didn't check this until the ROM failed to flash the first time after download). Any chance you can re-upload this one or check the file? Thank you in advance :)

That's... really old at this point.

I guess Slim never officially built for moto_msm8960_jbbl. I only see moto_msm8960...

I may try building again, not sure if Slim's 4.4 repo's even build still. Been a while since I've rolled a build for Slim.

fsg4u

Oct 7, 2006
Hey Guys,
I'd really appriciate if any of you could REUPLOAD or update the Slimkat Version for the jbbl Bootloader.
Unfortunately I don't see any alternative to update to Slimkat on my XT897 but I want a slim KitKat installed.

Thx
fsg4u

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hey Guys,
I'd really appriciate if any of you could REUPLOAD or update the Slimkat Version for the jbbl Bootloader.
Unfortunately I don't see any alternative to update to Slimkat on my XT897 but I want a slim KitKat installed.

Thx
fsg4u

I don't recall my efforts on this ROM being worthwhile of saving.... but I might have it kicking around somewhere from a backup of the OUDHS site I used to use...

Either way, it would be better to update it. Sources are available!

I'll let you know if I find the backup. Don't hold your breath...

Reactions: fsg4u

fsg4u

Oct 7, 2006
Thx alot arrrghhh.
I am just searching for a very slim, hence fast and battery saving rom. I don't need all the extra stuff like animations etc.
I thought that the slimkat could be the right thing for me.
I am currently on a Cyaogenmod 4.4 but this is kinda slow. I guess it's because it's just to big for that old phone.
And I wasn't able to update on the other other slimkats available because I still have jbbl bootloader on the phone.
Ciao fsg4u

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Thx alot arrrghhh.
I am just searching for a very slim, hence fast and battery saving rom. I don't need all the extra stuff like animations etc.
I thought that the slimkat could be the right thing for me.
I am currently on a Cyaogenmod 4.4 but this is kinda slow. I guess it's because it's just to big for that old phone.
And I wasn't able to update on the other other slimkats available because I still have jbbl bootloader on the phone.
Ciao fsg4u

Try CM12.1 with F2FS, or the CM11 build with F2FS floating around if you want moar speed. SlimRom isn't going to help you much on this device...

Top Liked Posts