[ROM]Debellare[EC09]

Search This thread

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
Sorry for not responding much, i have been abnormally busy and haven't worked much on this. I responded to all PM's. If you need download links, let me know and i'll send you the credentials to log directly into Dropbox and download them directly.

If you need to contact me directly, email me at
lipppatrick@gmail.com
If not PM me and i'll get back to you eventually! :) normally takes me a couple of days.

In regards to not looking like the screen shots, i have customized my phone further. ADW settings to change the launcher a bit, removed clock, etc. But, what you see you can achieve. I pulled the images directly from my phone at the time of the screenshots.

TXWolf is going to create an odin file. I haven't had much time, and my dropboxes are completly full anyways. I need to upgrade them.

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
Can someone make an odin file? It's honestly the only thing I feel comfortable working with.

FILE REMOVED. IT IS CORRUPT AND BOOT LOOPING. WILL RELOAD TONIGHT.

There is the link to ODIN file. Grab it while it's still available (thank you Dropbox). I'll be uploading an alternate tomorrow, since I'm sure this one will get tanked, at some point.

Last edited:

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
yeah, that's what I'm doing now. what do you think could have went wrong?

Not sure. I'm charging my phone, now. Gonna flash, and make sure the download didn't corrupt. That's the only thing I can think of. Is the file getting corrupted, when I downloaded it, our uploaded it. I would also try to download it again on your end.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
downloaded it again to no avail. and the nandroid hung on the Samsung logo again. what should I do?

Did the same thing to me. Somehow, the kernel got corrupted. Download the kernel from this post

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1057072

Go to the hyperlink in this line (at the bottom of the first paragraph)

kernel (so you don't loose CWM when the system boots). Note that if you are still on DL17, you should use the archive packages below. What you will need is this file, and you will want to flash it via Odin (or extract it and use Heimdall).

Download that, and flash it in ODIN. leave autoreboot checked. It will reboot the phone after flash, and send you from samsung logo directly into recovery. From there, a nandroid restore will work.

Remember, it's going to take a while to boot, after a restore. Give it 5 minutes on samsung logo, before you start panicking. About 5 minutes on the bootlogo, too.

I'm sending an e'mail to pat now, telling him to take down the odin link until I can redo it. Something got corrupted when I was downloading the files.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

downloaded it again to no avail. and the nandroid hung on the Samsung logo again. what should I do?

Jake, I'm in IRC now. If that doesn't work for you (it should. it worked fine for me), come in, and we'll get you up. And I can apologize, personally.

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
Ok, folks. Here's the deal. I made another package, which booted. But, the framework immediately crashed. Not sure why. So, tomorrow, I an going to try flashing again. If it crashes again, then what I'm going to do is flash the factory in heimdall, then pull it directly from my phone and use that for the odin package. Then, to verify, I will revert with a nandroid and use that odin to flash myself. Just wanted to let y'all know that I am working on this. Hopefully I will have a verified good package up for y'all tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
Here is a dropbox link to the factoryfs.rfs if still need.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7988008/factoryfs.rfs

Has anyone had any luck booting with this file? It's the one I'm trying to use, since the links to factoryfs in the OP are shot. I can't get past boot with it. 3 separate downloads, and 4 flashes. Both in Heimdall and Odin. Until I can get a file that will work with my phone (not sure why this one isn't. If it's the file, or just my phone), I can't make a good odin.

KJW979

Jun 18, 2010
Buffalo, NY area
Has anyone had any luck booting with this file? It's the one I'm trying to use, since the links to factoryfs in the OP are shot. I can't get past boot with it. 3 separate downloads, and 4 flashes. Both in Heimdall and Odin. Until I can get a file that will work with my phone (not sure why this one isn't. If it's the file, or just my phone), I can't make a good odin.

I will upload again if want, possibly bad upload?

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA

Edit:here is another link, hope works? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7988008/factoryfs.rfs

Last edited:
Reactions: Txwolf1980

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Debellare
    EC09

ScreenShot-2.png
    ScreenShot.png

20120329091604.png
    ScreenShot-1.png

20120329090319.png

ODIN File Courtesy of our own TXWolf
    Temporarily MIA

Heimdall Files
    zImage
    zImage alternate link

recovery.bin
    recovery.bin alternate link

factoryfs.rfs

For HEIMDALL, ODIN and documentation on how to use them, as well as all other documents please visit the Continuum Database

Code:
    I have created a basic deodexed and debloated release. It 
    is in my other thread, however i will provide the links here as 
    well. I will keep this live through the whole process due to it's 
    simplicity and it being completely stock internally.

[COLOR="SandyBrown"]The following has been Deodexed, Debinged, Debloated, and 
    all the other Junk removed.[/COLOR]
    These Must be installed over top of another EC09 Build. Included in the packages are 
    the System(factoryfs.rfs), Recovery(recovery.bin) and the kernel(zImage).
    [COLOR="Red"]Flash at your own risk.[/COLOR]
    Odin Image File: [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09debinged.tar.md5"]here[/URL] (untested, someone please inform if this works)
    Heimdall Image File:[URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09%20debloated/EC09Debinged.tar.gz"]here[/URL]

Independent Files:
    [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09%20debloated/factoryfs.rfs"]factoryfs.rfs[/URL]

[URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09%20debloated/zImage"]zImage[/URL]
    [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49820692/ec09%20debloated/recovery.bin"]
    recovery.bin[/URL]
    Can someone make an odin file? It's honestly the only thing I feel comfortable working with.

FILE REMOVED. IT IS CORRUPT AND BOOT LOOPING. WILL RELOAD TONIGHT.

There is the link to ODIN file. Grab it while it's still available (thank you Dropbox). I'll be uploading an alternate tomorrow, since I'm sure this one will get tanked, at some point.
    Sorry if this is a tad off topic (but not really) .. ive posted several times asking for help and such with the wife's continuum. i borked it pretty badly about a year ago trying to flash the first ROM's that came out for this. i still cant flash anything fully. i have her "stable" now on this ROM, but things still dont work right.. and i my humble guess is because the CWM port is either missing something or writing something wrong.

for some reason, flashes only seem to "take" sometimes. ive odin'd back to the pure stock and it NEVER erases all the data, and properly resets it. i still cant fully format the system or boot, and when i went from MIUINA to EC07 and to this, it still "held over" files and data even tho i manually tried to erase everything in CWM.

no disrespect intended for the devs who gave us the recovery for this. however i think something is borked in the recovery that flashes something to a wrong partition, or deletes something that is required on this phone.

and believe me, i know the recovery was long in coming, and kanged and ported to the best of the devs ability.. but i really think it has to do with the recovery/flash process - not the roms themselves.

is there a way to get a new CWM ported now that there are a few new solid 5.0 releases for other sammy devices? maybe that can help?

There are a few things wrong with everything you did unfortunatly. This rom only flashes the system recovery and kernel. I had it the same way with MIUNIA. I did this so if you came from another rom you wouldn't loose your files.

The next issue is you said you went from miunia to ec07(which is fine) then you went to this.. There lies the issue. I recommend downloading and installing the full ec09 system image located at this link. That is a complete ec09 system image provided by abby nitewolf. It will reset everything and put everything in it's correct place.
    Once you flash that, i would reflash this overtop and it should resolve any and all of your issues, assuming you did it correct.
    try the toggle widget and mess with it with that.. i'll take a look and see if i can edit something to change the brightness.

I will upload again if want, possibly bad upload?

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA

Edit:here is another link, hope works? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7988008/factoryfs.rfs