[Q] sooo, let me get this straight about the verizon S4...

Search This thread

wmikes

Dec 15, 2013
do i run cyanogen mod off of the sd card (like a live cd) or format/wipe/install it to the internal storage. somebody said i can't install it but just root it. is rooting running off of the sd card only?

thanks in advance...

R

richii0207

do i run cyanogen mod off of the sd card (like a live cd) or format/wipe/install it to the internal storage. somebody said i can't install it but just root it. is rooting running off of the sd card only?

thanks in advance...

Google "galaxy s4 root" and "galaxy s4 cyanogenmod"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

thanks in advance...

S4 internal memory is label sd card....don't confuse with extsd card.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
do i run cyanogen mod off of the sd card (like a live cd) or format/wipe/install it to the internal storage. somebody said i can't install it but just root it. is rooting running off of the sd card only? thanks in advance...

There are multiple builds of the software running on the I545.
Only the original build, MDK, can run Cyanogen since the CM ports use a custom kernel and we can't flash a custom kernel on any release past MDK since the bootloader is locked.

You can root it and use Safestrap to install a small set of custom ROMs if you're on some build past MDK.