[Q] Stock ROM with Carrier label

Search This thread

Riqitch

May 1, 2014
Hey,

Is there a completely stock ROM for the Moto G with the carrier name in the statusbar + flashable zip? All of the ones available are stock but seem to have no carrier label in statusbar and I can't seem to find one that fits my criteria. Thanks.

mej0248

Jan 25, 2014
Surrey
Why not just use the stock firmware?? That has the Carrier Label on the status bar. Or use Gravity Box? Should be an option for that.

MoKee ROM has that option, but it's very similar to CyanogenMod.

Sent from my Moto G on MoKee, using XDA app.

Riqitch

May 1, 2014
Why not just use the stock firmware?? That has the Carrier Label on the status bar. Or use Gravity Box? Should be an option for that.

MoKee ROM has that option, but it's very similar to CyanogenMod.

Sent from my Moto G on MoKee, using XDA app.

Yes I could, but I think the stock firmware needs adb which isn't really my strong suit. I prefer the idea of flashable zips. I've tried GravityBox, nice stuff but Carbon ROM has most of that stuff anyway.

I'll try the MoKee ROM next.

mej0248

Jan 25, 2014
Surrey
Yes I could, but I think the stock firmware needs adb which isn't really my strong suit. I prefer the idea of flashable zips. I've tried GravityBox, nice stuff but Carbon ROM has most of that stuff anyway.

I'll try the MoKee ROM next.

It does require ADB yeah, I'm no expert with it either. The guide on restoring the stock firmware on here is pretty easy to follow though. Just a case of downloading a minimal adb zip and extracting it into the firmware folder. There's usually a script file included in the firmware folder that automates all the commands, if not you can just copy and paste.

There's not many roms I haven't tried and personally I think MoKee is the best at the moment. Paranoid Android and SlimKat are also pretty good. :)

Riqitch

May 1, 2014
It does require ADB yeah, I'm no expert with it either. The guide on restoring the stock firmware on here is pretty easy to follow though. Just a case of downloading a minimal adb zip and extracting it into the firmware folder. There's usually a script file included in the firmware folder that automates all the commands, if not you can just copy and paste.

Right, I'll keep that in mind.

There's not many roms I haven't tried and personally I think MoKee is the best at the moment. Paranoid Android and SlimKat are also pretty good. :)

I second you on this, it is a VERY good ROM and probably is the best out there with the carrier label feature - which is what I have been looking for. Thank you for showing me this one. :)