Leaked Official Froyo for the I9000 is out NOW!

Search This thread

compuse

Oct 21, 2008
New PC Studio, .. download it some minutes ago, installling and hoping it's more responsive then KIES..

edit, .. nvrmd .. "RegDBGetKeyValueEx failed."

Used the one and only downloadlink there ;p

hmmm, .. not much faster

Last edited:

alijones

Jul 11, 2006
Amsterdam
Why must I be always at work when good stuff happens?
Still, if froyo is available through KIES I'll say I feel sick and go home to put froyo on my SGS!!!

AldasG

Sep 22, 2010
Vilnius
Sooo. Is it available or not?

Attachments

• snap20101014_120438.jpg
    snap20101014_120438.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 374

AirHH

Aug 26, 2010
Since a lot people have trouble using Kies here is how I solved mine:

I tried Kies 1.5.3 on different PCs (some XP and Win7(64)).

But I always failed.

Then I downloaded Kies 1.5.1 from the German Samsung Support page for the Samsung-Wave mobiles.

That one starts much faster then 1.5.3 and I was able to perform an update from JF1 to JM1 within minutes.

There are even some pre-requirements which make the Kies-Installation easy:

Install Windows-Media-Player 11 on your PC, so Kies will not try to install a standard version from samsung server.

Install .NET-Framework 4.0 befor eInstalltion so Kies wan't spend time on it.

Especially for Win7_64bit: During installation Kies may complain that Installation of vsto... failed since that is no 64bit app. So simply go to microsoft and find the file for installation there. Then retry installation of kies.

This helped me to get a smothly running version of Kies...

DevaFalc

Oct 14, 2010
Since a lot people have trouble using Kies here is how I solved mine:

I tried Kies 1.5.3 on different PCs (some XP and Win7(64)).

But I always failed.

Then I downloaded Kies 1.5.1 from the German Samsung Support page for the Samsung-Wave mobiles.

That one starts much faster then 1.5.3 and I was able to perform an update from JF1 to JM1 within minutes.

There are even some pre-requirements which make the Kies-Installation easy:

Install Windows-Media-Player 11 on your PC, so Kies will not try to install a standard version from samsung server.

Install .NET-Framework 4.0 befor eInstalltion so Kies wan't spend time on it.

Especially for Win7_64bit: During installation Kies may complain that Installation of vsto... failed since that is no 64bit app. So simply go to microsoft and find the file for installation there. Then retry installation of kies.

I had same problem yesterday on vista home 32bit. I installed vsto manually and then followed instructions for registry fix found at (google: doitdifferent Updating a Galaxy S ... new user so can't post url)
In System/HKEY_Local_Machine/Software/Samsung/FUS.
In System/HKEY__CURRENT_USER/Software/Samsung/FUS

InkZ

Jul 24, 2009
Think I'll wait for it to be released properly before I wipe my phone only to find I have to wipe it again. I can wait a few more days :)

Metusion

Sep 30, 2010
why do people keep saying it's officially released when it's not?!.. When it's not downloadable through KIES without hacks then it hasn't been officially released period... Every time I see these threads I get excited only to be dissapointed again.

MadBob

May 28, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Yea according to SamFirmware (The site we all get our firmwares from) the JPM release is the official 2.2 Froyo release for the I9000!!

http://www.samfirmware.com/apps/blog/show/5038470-official-froyo-release-galaxy-s-

wooohoo

Twitter:
SamFirmware
Yes it seems like firmware version I9000XXJPM is official froyo release!

It doesnt say that it days AN official release not THE official release. Still things to be fixed, such as double capitalisation.

ardll

Jan 12, 2010

Hi there, can you expand on this - what file for installation from where? :confused:

I can install kies on w7 64 but it refuses to see the phone when I plug it into the PC via 'Kies Mode'.

Cheers

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Just to clear things up, Samsung have not yet released the 'Official' Froyo & Fix's on Kies.
The Froyo release direct from Samsung will follow 'very' soon.

ardll

Jan 12, 2010
guys, being as I can't get Kies to see my phone on w7 64 bit, will I be able to flash to the official rom using Odin when it comes out? cheers.

bsamurai

Sep 15, 2010
Unless OP is Samsung Galaxy S firmware spoke person, else the thread title is misleading

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Beards

Nov 3, 2008