[Q] Low memory problem?

Search This thread
Dec 1, 2013
Roorkee
Since we all know that Samsung Galaxy Fit S-5670 has very low internal memory and all because of that i'm finding it difficult to install some the bigger apps. As soon as the memory usage reaches 160 MB it starts notifying me about the low memory. Even when all of my apps are in memory card i still get low memory problem.

I was wondering if there is any way by which i can increase the memory even by a small amount. I've already rooted my device and using a custom stock rom. Please suggest any means of increasing the memory.
Thank you in advance.

Dhanesh95

May 15, 2013
Pune
Since we all know that Samsung Galaxy Fit S-5670 has very low internal memory and all because of that i'm finding it difficult to install some the bigger apps. As soon as the memory usage reaches 160 MB it starts notifying me about the low memory. Even when all of my apps are in memory card i still get low memory problem.

I was wondering if there is any way by which i can increase the memory even by a small amount. I've already rooted my device and using a custom stock rom. Please suggest any means of increasing the memory.
Thank you in advance.

You can ODEX your ROM. That will reduce the ROM size to almost 7-8 MB and you'll have the remaining memory to install your apps.. Hope this helps! :D :fingers-crossed:

Edit: You can find the link to the ODEX script in my signature. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vikrantnegi007

Harpratap

Jan 24, 2012
Mumbai
I would recommend you to install cronmod int2ext+ script.
Also, try switching from stock to cm7.
I have around 400mb of apps on external memory and 100mb in my data partition.
If you want even more memory you can try other cronmod scripts that mount data on sd-ext

Reactions: vikrantnegi007
Dec 1, 2013
Roorkee
Thank you very much. One more question.

You can ODEX your ROM. That will reduce the ROM size to almost 7-8 MB and you'll have the remaining memory to install your apps.. Hope this helps! :D :fingers-crossed:

Thank you very much for your help. I've odexed my whole device and freed up quite a lot of space. But i want to ask you question than can i do this on a Cyanogenmod. I'm planning to flash Cyanogenmod :-[DEV][ROM][4.4]Cyanogenmod 11[WIP][ALPHA-5]
I was wondering it it is possible to Odexed this mod or if these mod are already odexed?
How much space will i have if i flash this rom on my fit device. Thanks.

Dhanesh95

May 15, 2013
Pune
Thank you very much for your help. I've odexed my whole device and freed up quite a lot of space. But i want to ask you question than can i do this on a Cyanogenmod. I'm planning to flash Cyanogenmod :-[DEV][ROM][4.4]Cyanogenmod 11[WIP][ALPHA-5]
I was wondering it it is possible to Odexed this mod or if these mod are already odexed?
How much space will i have if i flash this rom on my fit device. Thanks.

The ROM you mentioned is not ODEXED.. You'll have to ODEX it.. I'm not aware about the memory that will be saved but you can give it a try.. No harm in experimenting :silly: :p

My suggestion: Stick with your current ROM. CM11 is still under development and I'm not sure whether a stable build has been released till date.

The suggestion by @Harpratap is also very useful. You can try that. My SD card is only 2GB which restricts me to do so. :(
Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you in advance.

I would recommend you to install cronmod int2ext+ script.
    Also, try switching from stock to cm7.
    I have around 400mb of apps on external memory and 100mb in my data partition.
    If you want even more memory you can try other cronmod scripts that mount data on sd-ext