Xperia Arc Issues & Suggestions

Search This thread

Harboe

I got Home Manager by 'Carp'..wrking perfectly !!
I AM USING LAUNCHER PRO, ITS REAL SUPER SMOOTH... far far better than DEFAULT SONY LAUNCHER !!!

Haven't been using Launcher Pro for a while, even though I bought it (waaaay back in my Galaxy S days (just before I got this lovely thing)). Is the app page changed or is it just the same old long alphabetically list? Love the Sony launcher with the most use, recently install items sorting order. :eek:

sgsgs

Apr 11, 2011
Haven't been using Launcher Pro for a while, even though I bought it (waaaay back in my Galaxy S days (just before I got this lovely thing)). Is the app page changed or is it just the same old long alphabetically list? Love the Sony launcher with the most use, recently install items sorting order. :eek:

It is still the same long alphabetical list, previous versions will remember the last position but the recent update broke it.

Darth Glacious

Mar 15, 2011
Bucuresti
Sony Ericsson PC Companion 2.0 theoretically allows for connection with the phone via WLAN. After wasting over half an hour trying to pair it with the laptop because their stupid software stubbornly refused to find my phone I discovered that transfer rates for files where about a snail's speed.
The solution? Turn to MyPhoneExplorer, it works much better than the crap Sony Ericsson puts out.

Youtube app kills my wireless connection, almost all the times the wireless stops transferring data occurs either in the Youtube applicaton or is closely related to it.

Last edited:

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
Well this is not an issue but I dont want start a new thread for this..
How to change the icons (when we try to club apps SE has a list of pre-defined icon set) in Arc, lemme know please, tnx in advance !!

amf

Nov 17, 2006
Just got my Arc today!

My home wifi is a WPA/WPA2 PSK secured network, wifi setting in the Arc shows I'm connected to it BUT nothing happens when I use the browser (built in and Miren Browser) and market apps.

If I connect to an OPEN network, everything' fine. Can anyone please help. TIA.

KP_

Dec 2, 2010
Just got my Arc today!

My home wifi is a WPA/WPA2 PSK secured network, wifi setting in the Arc shows I'm connected to it BUT nothing happens when I use the browser (built in and Miren Browser) and market apps.

My wifi is secured the same way and i didn't have any problems connecting or going online (same with my work network).
Therefore i'm inclined to say maybe it's a router setting? Sorry i can't help more :(

Karooluss

Mar 27, 2010
Chrzanow
I have noticed that system forces to froze during watchig youtube comments... it happened twice to me, first after buying, and the second today ( today I made hardreset)

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

im_iceman

Apr 7, 2010
Alsager
Just got my Arc today!

suggest you delete the connection and reboot the router, then re-connect.. Mines been fine since day one! You don't have anything running that might be causing problems?? Task killer or Juice defender?

amf

Nov 17, 2006
Problem sorted.

I disabled QoS in my router and all is well. I'm not so sure though if it really is the solution but it's almost 24 hrs now and my Arc's wifi connection is doing great.

Thanks KP and iceman!

mineralvann

Apr 10, 2011
After a couple of days my arc doesnt show up when i plug it to my computer any more, and if i change to mass storage mode the memory card appears on my computer but i cant access it. Ive been thinking that i have changed some settings i shouldt have but cant understand what those can be. Also i have read that some problems can be fixed with a hard-reboot, what exactly is that?

kishore123

Mar 5, 2011
Hi All,
Just spent few hours with my ACR (silver) :D
just have some concerns & suggestions:

1. The back of the phone is very slippery.
Suggestion: Just purchase a transparent case from Sony shop :)

2. NOT able to play various video files using arcMedia, is there any solution?? These files were working on my X10i.

3. Facebook contact pics are blurred during call, any solution??

u cn try yx playerr...a player which doesnt drain ur battery as much as other player like mobo or rock player

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    er.. really.. what difference does it make.. do you have a total recall failure issue with peoples first names?!

Hi, I have over 1000 peoples contacts on phone and in daily business use I am common to search with surname, I don't even remember theirs all firstname :-/

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
    Why did you post this??? what do you expect to happen?

Did you make it your goal to make those people feel stupid?
    This device is brand new. These people are posting about these issues to see maybe they're common problems, or just to let others know.
    Anyone got problems with the upper left corner of the screen above the cinch coming loose?

I do, and I saw a picture in the GSMArena review that showed that the screen sticks out at that spot on their unit too.

nope mines flush
    I cannot take it to the service center as I bought it from a different country. Let me know if there is a solution.
    Sure?
    Warranty is warranty, pretty much regardless where you bought the device. Service Center is representing SE, all they should be interested in is date of purchase. Just give it a try (at the official SE service center of course).

Don't mistake the phone seller for the service center, warranty does not depend on the seller but on the manufacturer.
    I noticed that decreasing brightness give better viewing angles!
    Also for muffled sound when posing the Arc on a table I suggest to stick a little 1cm X 2mm of stickable rubber under the speaker hole, sound will get more free space and even more resonance making it louder ;)
    The arked design should have done this alone but it's not enough.