[OFF TOPIC LOUNGE] A place for all things random [KEEP IT CLEAN]

Search This thread

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa
Out of this three Accord w/o any doubts. I owned three different Hondas never had a single issue with any of them (still driving one). Acura is just an expensive Honda and Hyundai is not a cheap Honda ;)

:cool:
So my dad went over to check out some of the cars at a dealership which had most of the accords and all but one of the tiburons on Autotrader. It was a really shady place (cars shoddy and cheaply repaired). So, I'm still considering the integra (haven't gone down to look at it yet) and am looking for more honda's.

I'll probably take a look at this tiburon later this week too.

Speaking from experience this is my order in which I would choose between the three:

1. Accord
2. Integra
3. Tuscani (Tiburon)

Accord's are well known to be extremely reliable and efficient, and like someone said above the Integra is a breeze to find parts for. The Tiburon is a good car, but be weary of it if you do choose that one as they are known to have defective tie-rod bushings that should be replaced immediately. Also the front splash gaurd can be removed faaar too easily which means it could fall off while you're driving and drag; never good.

I would look into something by Nissan also, Sentra's are amazing cars and are very reliable. I personally have owned a Sentra and two Maximas and besides normal wear and tear have never had serious problems.

Oh and don't forget about Civics, they run like champs :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

I'll be looking around for civics as well.

Have any of you ever owned an Audi A6? Are they high maintenance? I found one in my price range that looks gorgeous but I fear would also be a fortune to repair if something goes wrong.

Last edited:

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
So my dad went over to check out some of the cars at a dealership which had most of the accords and all but one of the tiburons on Autotrader. It was a really shady place (cars shoddy and cheaply repaired). So, I'm still considering the integra (haven't gone down to look at it yet) and am looking for more honda's.

I'll probably take a look at this tiburon later this week too.

I'll be looking around for civics as well.

Have any of you ever owned an Audi A6? Are they high maintenance?

That looks pretty clean, I'd make sure it's as good as they say it is for that price and mileage, check trouble spots such as suspension and brakes to be on the safe side. As far as A6's go, get one from '04 or older and you won't be looking at much in terms of maintenance. I personally love Audi's and have had several family members who own them so I would say if you can find one for a decent price in good condition (most of them are), jump on it. Audi does a phenomenal job on their interiors :)

Another car to look into is a BMW 3 series, specifically a 330i or 325i. Very dependable and good looking cars. E46 would be my recommendation, but E36's are well made also.

Reactions: lynyrd65

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
I gotta say, I'm a Honda guy plain and simple, even though I drive a Ford right now. My old Accord had 330,000 miles on it when I sold it. I bought a Focus, which I've been happy with for the most part, but the only reason I bought the Focus over a Honda was price. To buy a Civic of the same year it was going to cost me $3000 more for a car with 20-30k more miles on it. As far as reliability goes, Honda's have always been well rated by Consumer Reports (the bible of product reliability ratings imo). The Focus has had a good rating in all models 2005 and newer. Hyundai in recent years has really started building some good cars too. As far as Consumer Reports goes, most German cars get lower reliability rating with the exception of the BMW 3 Series.

BTW, That Acura looks like sweet ride.

Reactions: lynyrd65

readingkeeper

Nov 26, 2010
Hoth
I'd say go for the Integra. I drive one thats older than me, and its a great car. Plus it uses a lot of the parts from Civics, so its super cheap to repair it.

Kif420

Dec 10, 2010
Ocala
Its all in how you take cater of them. Japanese vehicles have proven to be reliable but in recent years have been using cheaper parts in an effort to be more competitively priced. Their casting process for engine molds etc. have been changed for the worse... I try and stick with the older hondas.

European vehicles have great design but a slew of electrical headaches to deal with down the road...

Subarus are awesome.

hyundai's suck, but have gotten a lot better...

I'd stick with a higher end honda or acura with an extensive maintenance record...

Just my ¢2

Grapes

hyundai's and samsung are the same. Their products of yester year suck (80/90's cars & moment phones), but I would buy hyundais made now a days.

audis, benz, bmw, etc... when it comes to ne-used cars, better have deep pockets or know how to DIY repairs yourself.

japanese imports, I'd pick any of those before I pick a american built POS in terms of used cars. ;)

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa

lolwutmp.png

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
*crickets*
I'm bored, let's start posting what other androids we have lying around and what we use em for.

I have an og droid running miui@1.1ghz acting as my tv guide and google voice house phone. It keeps me flash happy

Last edited:

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa
I have an iPhone 2G running iDroid 2.3.3

I used to have a T-Mobile MyTouch 3G which ran AOSP 2.2.1

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
I have an iPhone 2G running iDroid 2.3.3

I used to have a T-Mobile MyTouch 3G which ran AOSP 2.2.1

The Epic is my first Android phone, but I have a psp android portal that I use sometimes, and my ps3 has an android xmb theme. I had an instinct s30 before this, and its a wonder I got another samaung after that experience lollol

Posted by Mr. Z's Epic 4G.

readingkeeper

Nov 26, 2010
Hoth
God, I'm really mad at Chrysler right now. I spent the whole day trying to put the transmission back in a Jeep, and then at the end, I found out we have to take it off again with most of the undercarriage in order to put ONE FRIKIN SCREW back in.

Sent from my S-Off'd, Synergised EVO 3D

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa
God, I'm really mad at Chrysler right now. I spent the whole day trying to put the transmission back in a Jeep, and then at the end, I found out we have to take it off again with most of the undercarriage in order to put ONE FRIKIN SCREW back in.

Sent from my S-Off'd, Synergised EVO 3D

Gotta love cars designed to fail at specific milages and be difficult to repair. If they weren't, how would the union certified parts technicians still have jobs. :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a thread for you guys to use as general off-topic area. Feel free to relax, have fun, have a coffee (or beer :cool:)

All I ask is that you keep it clean...all FORUM RULES still apply :p
    In highschool I remember telnetting into the firewall. Ran a version check, googled the default username and password and sure enough it worked. Did a hard reset, the internet went down for a few minutes, they made an anouncement over the intercom as I sat and smiled. When it came back up, I could play Guild Wars in class on my laptop for the next 3 years :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
    just upping my post count

It won't be "up" long.

The point is 10 "useful" posts......
    If I walk into a sprint repair center, would I be able to get an epic 4g touch 1800mah battery for less that 20, or free?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
    Doubt it broski you would have to pay a little more for it i believe ...

Now for the off topicness

"Stirring the paint
    The act of making love to a woman during that "special time" of the month.
    That girl I copped off with last night, turned out she was up on blocks. Still, spot of stirring the paint never did anyone any harm. Knob looked like something off a butcher's slab afterwards, mind! "

"suicide wank
    When your having a wank, just before blow the load, shout out "Mom" or "Dad", then try and finish the job before they get into your room!
    a friend tried a suicide wank and won!!! he did it and failed the second time!! "

" Cosby Sweater
    The sexual act of eating Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles, Trix, and Boo Berry- or any other 'bright, colorful' breakfast cereals- and then vomitting the tacky, dazzling mixture onto your partners chest. The result should look similar to the incredible sweaters that Bill Cosby wore during his highly successful 1980's sitcom "The Cosby Show".
    Nicole was overjoyed to receive "a Cosby Sweater" for her birthday."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

So whatever happened to iSaint? He had some great pictures.
    rita-mordio-129085-albums-funny-images-pic47428-o-rly.bmp

... Yes i know its a little late ;)
    Using your Epic 4G:

2466954_460s.jpg

Like a boss (btw that's not me before anyone asks xD!)