Awesome BEATS for Rooted Galaxy S3 At&t Tutorial

Search This thread

Cyber_Cyclone

Aug 5, 2012
Thanks to everyone who has tried this app and like it ! That was the only reason I did this tutorial.

I know people will criticize the app. Maybe it was not made for them.

IMO I really hear a big difference using this app. But its not a miracle equalizer app. Don't expect to have great quality sound if you use $10 headphone. A good low cost combination would be getting the beats audio headphones for $45 in ebay. The one's that came Htc Rezound. They work great with my S3

MissingBonobo

Feb 24, 2011
Quick question, does this enable the mic on the Beats Tour headphones? Doesn't work on my S3 and its really annoying me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

bud951

Jul 13, 2011
Austin, TX
Awesome Beats has NEVER worked for me in any rom. Even ones that have it built in. Maybe it because i use Bluetooth (Dr Dre Beats Audio) headphones?:confused:

ManOnTheMoon

May 7, 2011
Awesome Beats has NEVER worked for me in any rom. Even ones that have it built in. Maybe it because i use Bluetooth (Dr Dre Beats Audio) headphones?:confused:

yeah bro same here. i have the same ones and i have had that problem since the beginning. its just its hard to code for things over bluetooth. cyanogens dsp manager has been my goto. im waiting till theres a true dr dre beats port. that will be the day....

Cyber_Cyclone

Aug 5, 2012
Well not sure why you have any problems with this mod. I've used it in various STOCK ROMS & worked perfectly. KYAN, WANNAMLITE, DIET, HIGH ON ANDROID. With the instructions mentioned on the first post. Maybe a fullwipe making a nandroid backup & restore only the data from the nandroid backup might help to resolve this issue. Please correct me if im wrong

lowriderguy

Feb 16, 2010
using it on the LH9 stock rom rooted.

works great, woke up the sound on mine something proper. even on the built in music player

MrUnionFan

Jul 24, 2010
I 2nd that. I've been using CM10 with AwesomeBeats for a while now. Works great!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jasondhsd

Jul 13, 2012
Hmm I just flashed the zip, wiped cache, davlik, and fixed permissions. And it seems like it's working fine...unless I'm just experiencing a placebo affect?? One thing I did notice, if I switch back to MusicFX and go to equalizer in Google Music I only have Booster FX and User....I could of swore that there use to be a lot more presets in that drop down, does install Awesome beats delete those or something, or am I just mistaken? Thanks!

MarsVoltron

Feb 13, 2011
It replaces the dsp manager, is there anyway we can get stock sound back? My Beats audio box sounds like crap now via bluetooth or aux

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

yeah bro same here. i have the same ones and i have had that problem since the beginning. its just its hard to code for things over bluetooth. cyanogens dsp manager has been my goto. im waiting till theres a true dr dre beats port. that will be the day....

Just tried my Beats headphones and they aren't working with this via bluetooth, Spotify isn't streaming audio through bluetooth with this either.

I remember the beats deal working awesome on my HTC sensation but no where near the same results for myself with this mod.

oriveradel

Sep 29, 2007
Does this actually make a difference in the sound quality? I've tried various beats headsets and for the price they leave much to be desired.

Galaxy S3 Paranoid ROM.

Your right on SGS3 does not make a difference...It used to work on my old captivate...
Today, just released one that does make a difference...extremely happy with sound...definetely a must try
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1883317

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
I am on stock LH9 rooted. at times the EQ seems to work when it wants to. advancing songs or tweaking the EQ seems to cause it to go flat for a bit or sometimes until reboot.

anyone else experience this? I also saw this same oddity with DSP.

luc.highwalker

Oct 26, 2012
I already installed beats audio from the play store. Is there a significant difference to this one?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is My First Tutorial On how to get AwesomeBEATS installed on your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3. This will basically run under your sound preference. Natively with Google Music... at least with my Tutorial.

***Please note: If you decide to install this Zip and follow the instruction. Is at your own risk.***

1 Download the .Zip file included on the post.
    2 Connect your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3 to your PC
    3 Copy and Paste the .Zip file on your internal storage of your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3. (Do not Extract.)
    4 Disconnect your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3 from your PC.

Then on your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3 follow this steps: (Possibly there is a shorter way but this is how it worked for me)
    1. Boot into Recovery
    2. Make a Nandroid backup. Important before proceeding.
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Wipe cache partition
    5. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. Flash AwesomeBEATSv3. zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT – STAY IN RECOVERY
    8. Select backup and restore
    9. Select advanced restore
    10. Select the Nandroid backup you made above
    11. Select Restore data
    12. Select Yes – Restore data
    13. WAIT!
    14. REBOOT
    15. Close all open applications on your Rooted At&t Galaxy S3.
    16. Go to Setting, then Sound, then Music effects, Select Awesome BEATS. Enjoy.

To find the AwesomeBEATS Equalizer:
    1 Go to Google Music, Select the song you want to hear. Then select Menu & Equalizer.

All the Thanks are for "Awesome" who created this port and to "PeterGuru" who Instructed me on how to properly make data restore without a sweat.

Hope This Makes Happy a Few People.

***Please note: If you decide to install this Zip and follow the instruction. Is at your own risk.***
    Screenshots

Screenshots:
    It works for pandora, MOG, and Google Music. Also music I downloaded from my computer. I also installed it a little different then suggested. Went into recovery, flashed, reboot. Then went into root explorer, system, apps, beats fix permission and works great.
    43a4e05a-2cc6-a12e.jpg

great thanks for the info. I see you have wanamlite right?

Yes..

Works fir me. Using ktoons 3.13.13 4.2.2

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2