sold in Canada?

Search This thread

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
anyone knows when fire TV will be sold in Canada?

I would recommend taking a look at this article, I would imagine eventually it will be sold there through Amazon. One possible way around this is do you have any family or friends in the USA who would be willing to buy it and ship it to you? If that's not an option what you can do is use a service like this where you can buy the item on Amazon, ship it to them, and then they will forward it along to you in a couple days of shipping time.

kairnage

Aug 17, 2011
I would recommend taking a look at this article, I would imagine eventually it will be sold there through Amazon. One possible way around this is do you have any family or friends in the USA who would be willing to buy it and ship it to you? If that's not an option what you can do is use a service like this where you can buy the item on Amazon, ship it to them, and then they will forward it along to you in a couple days of shipping time.

I though some Canadian customers had reported getting 'content unavailable in your area" messages.

Redth

Sep 14, 2010
Honestly, I'd stay away from it for now.

I just got one (I'm Canadian), and I've setup a US based DNS that I use for Netflix, etc. on all my other devices and I still get content unavailable errors. I can't even *install* netflix without sideloading it right now.

This isn't ready to be used in Canada, go get an Android stick or a Google TV for now (I'm still using my Hisense Pulse's because the FireTV is so broken in Canada right now).

Luckily I had to get one for some development work so I'm not that disappointed, but don't buy this yet and expect it to work well in Canada, even with a US VPN/DNS...