NEW ROM!!! Dragonstorm 23139 - eXpo/IQ - Restored MS Voice Command

Search This thread

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
Dragonstorm 23139 - eXpo/IQ - Restored MS Voice Command

First of all, this rom couldn't have been made without a few people I would like to mention.
::Kitchen: Spocky
::Tools: MisterJp, CopsFrance, Teoami, Bepe, Ervius, No2Chem, Da_G, WoZZer
::Files: Da_G and joojoobee666
::Tweaks: Provided by WMX, Spocky, WarRaven, Woodhole, and others
:: Taskbar: Tacchan23 - Dusk Taskbar Blue
::Threaded Email Port: HD2Owner and Stefano_1986_ over on xda
::WM5torage: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=1702
Thanks Igor V. Bozhko (Ingvarr) over on WinMo @ MoDaCo
:: MonacoTorch: Thanks xdapants
Thanks to them. Forgive me if I forgot somebody.
Also I would like to thank the entire eXpo/IQ community for all their support.

Note 1: If your not sure how to flash your phone go to the following link for a tutorial:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=671137
Note 2: Not all the sounds and notifications passed through the kitchen properly (fixed in 23568 v3 and later). To restore all the missing sounds and notifications you will still need the cab I provided or Woodhole's tweaker app. Also the replication fix doesn't pass through the kitchen properly so it needs to be installed too.

Removed:
* NetCF2.0
* LG Idles
* A bunch of the LG apps
* Autoupdate
* Welcome Center
* Remote Desktop Mobile
* AT&T Navigator
* AT&s Games & Java apps
* All AT&T music apps
* MusicID
* Startup animations
* XM Radio
* XPressMail
* Links to all online stuff

Included:
*.Net 3.7
* Microsoft Office Mobile 2010
* LG EZ Tip Calculator
* LG Stopwatch
* SpriteBackup - eXpo
* Link in tools for GPS Viewer
* IQ shutdown animations
* LG Menu - There are some settings menus that are needed in it.

Tweaks:
* Various reg tweaks and optimizations

Known Issues:
* When using the fingerprint lock any incoming calls won't appear on the screen inless you press the
emergency call button.
* Solution 1 - Use the Windows Mobile Dialer instead of the LG Dialer. However the proximity sensor
doesn't work in the Windows Mobile Dialer.
* Solution 2 - Use one of the cabs from the following thread:
http://www.lg-expo.com/third-party-lg-expo-applications/lg-dialer-replacement/msg4445/#msg4445

* Modemlink freezes the phone (Removed from 23563)

* LG keyboard doesn't align properly with the bottom taskbar. SIP reg settings won't fix it. I suspect
the keyboard position is built into the keyboard.

Donators:
Your donation is a strong incentive to continue my work.
If you find it useful, please consider making a Paypal donation (any amount is greatly appreciated).
(Disclaimer: There is no obligation to donate, but it is appreciated.)

Download Links

OEM Packages
eXpo OEM Package
IQ OEM Package

NOTE: If you are running a Dragonstorm 23568 v5 rom; please install the XT9 Keyboard Fix cab to fix a minor glitch with the hardware keyboard. The cab is attached to this post. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

eXpo Roms:
Dragonstorm - 23139 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 23138 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 23134 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 23132 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 23568 v5 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 23568 v4 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 23568 v3 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 21907 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 23568 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 21901 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 23563 - eXpo
Dragonstorm - 23559 - eXpo

IQ Roms:
Dragonstorm - 23139 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 23138 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 23134 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 23132 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 23568 v5 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 23568 v3 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 21907 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 23568 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 21901 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 23563 - IQ
Dragonstorm - 23559 - IQ

Attachments

• ReplicationFix1.1.cab
    2.1 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Reactions: josefcrist

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
What's new in 23139?

Drangonstorm 23139:

Restored MS Voice Command and removed Nuance.

Included the updated MonacoTorch.

Included reg tweak to change MMS attachment size to 1 MB.

Restored LG Task Manager as the default task manager.

Removed useless files ported from the Fathom.

Note: Select files option in the dropdown menu was restored in this build, but is still not coded.

Last edited:

estarmer

Jan 27, 2010
Columbia
This is awesome news.

My only problem is I'm at work and my data cable is at home and It's going to be a very long 11 hours before I'm home and can flash my phone.

Thank you again to everyone involved in this project, that worked hard to make this happen. Please know that those of us that don't have the skill to make this happen are greatful to those of you that did make it happen.

This news sure made my day.

Later

E

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Wow wow wow

Thanks Dark, what a great news - a 'milestone' in LG GW820/825 life! Downloading IQ rom to try! Just for the record - will it be possible to flash back stock rom in case of warranty issues?

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
It looks like i packed the flashers wrong. There are people having issues flashing. Guess that's what I get for doing it at 2:30am before I went to bed. I'm uploading new flashers now and will post the links shortly.

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
I just posted a new link. There was a bad upload so I needed to replace the file.

DaddyGoFast

Aug 7, 2007
WOW!!

This is really gret news! I have just been given an LG expo for work and can't wait to get the LG crap off of this...

Nice work!

Coming from HTC to LG and can already see it is a whole different ball game...

jritter111

Dec 25, 2006
just finished the update. worked on win7x64, just follow easy directions. phone is snappy and sexy again. 187.4MB Free storage. 130mb program in use, 73mb free.
will update for bugs and other issues. So far so GREAT! thanks for making the expo a lot better :)

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
I got a new build out, 23563. I took out modemlink which was causing some freezing problems. Also the IQ version is based on the IQ base rom rather than the eXpo base rom. I was having issues repacking the dz file, but found a workaround. The eXpo link is up and the IQ one will be up shortly. I had a bad upload the first time. I also posted the OEMs for both for those that want to make cabs.

EDIT: The IQ rom link is now up.

Last edited:

globularfunk

Dec 2, 2009
Flipping sweet! Any chance I could get you to build this rom with Manila 2.5.2012? :D Ya know..just to see if it works?

SPIDERTECH

Feb 21, 2008
Texas
I got a new build out, 23563. I took out modemlink which was causing some freezing problems. Also the IQ version is based on the IQ base rom rather than the eXpo base rom. I was having issues repacking the dz file, but found a workaround. The eXpo link is up and the IQ one will be up shortly. I had a bad upload the first time. I also posted the OEMs for both for those that want to make cabs.

EDIT: The IQ rom link is now up.

I just got the new build. I reflashed the original rom to see if that takes care of some of my issues so I'm going to test this one for a week or so. If I'm still having the issues that I had before I'll send it back to LG for repair, then when I get it back I'll flash the new ROM once I find that the issues I'm having were fixed. To be honest I see them just sending me another phone since I think most of my problems with the phone are actually hardware related.

Now all we need is to get android up and running on the eXpo and all will be right with the world ^-^.

Top Liked Posts