New awesome free 3D puzzle

Search This thread

appforce.org

Jun 6, 2010
You're absolutely correct about this, and I already noticed reflux in interest in the game after I added the my crash reporting module. However devices with 2.2 are a little portion of all, and I would like to have crash reporting on all supported devices. On the other hand it is not yet that necessary, because there were only 4 crash reports since the beginning. The game will grow more complex in the future, like adding highscores, sharing images via server, voting for images, etc. and the probability to introduce bugs will increase.

Standard Android reporting (I believe it is in 2.2) will do that on crashes, you don't need to do that manually. I think it would be better to remove that permission from your app and if you really want to do it manually and don't use android build-in reporting system, ask people to sent log to you manually.
People will not install an app if it ask for unrelated permissions.

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
You're absolutely correct about this, and I already noticed reflux in interest in the game after I added the my crash reporting module. However devices with 2.2 are a little portion of all, and I would like to have crash reporting on all supported devices. On the other hand it is not yet that necessary, because there were only 4 crash reports since the beginning. The game will grow more complex in the future, like adding highscores, sharing images via server, voting for images, etc. and the probability to introduce bugs will increase.

OK, It's your application and you can decide what you want to access, and people can decide to provide you the permission to access those unrelated things or not, I am however among those who will not risk it.

Good luck ;)