[ROM] Longhorn 2.9.3 Updated 9-5-12

Search This thread

dbozam

Aug 14, 2011
Problems Encountered with this ROM

EDITED TO INCLUDE INFORMATION FROM LATEST INSTALL (VERSION 2.2v4)

Great ROM... except for the following problems:

1. I have tried 'NoLock', 'AnyUnlock', 'Wake All' from the market and none of them will let me use the volume keys to unlock the phone. I hate having to use the power button only.
SOLUTION: find /system/usr/keylayout/surf_keypad.kl and edit it to add "WAKE_DROPPED" after the lines: "key 115 VOLUME_UP" and "key 114 VOLUME_DOWN" so that they read: "key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE_DROPPED" and "key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE_DROPPED"

I had to copy the file to my SD card using a root explorer, copy the file to my computer and edit it, then plug my phone to my computer via usb and make sure USB DEBUGGING is enabled. Then I used "adb remount" and "adb push surf_keypad.kl /system/usr/keylayout/surf_keypad.kl" and then restart my phone.... worked like a charm. No other method worked for me to get the existing file overwritten with the new "WAKE_DROPPED" tags added.

[MOOT] 2. Theme issues.
Battery indicator did not use any numerals... very low-tech and requiring android users to install a 3rd party widget just to know how much battery life is left... eh.
Also... light blue background and light grey text on system messages and in-app messages is annoying... they're highly illegible.
SOLUTION: use the latest 2.2v4 longhorn OR use zip file from this thread to get numerals on my battery indicator and fixed theme being illegible
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1353408

[MOOT] 3. Gallery does not work. I haven't put in the time to wait to see if it would ever eventually load... but it certainly doesn't load like it ought to (in any reasonable amount of time) and I suspect it never will. I use quickpic instead.
SOLUTION: UPDATE to the latest 2.2v4 longhorn release... it is solved.

[MOOT] 4. After removing Ice Cream Sandwich launcher and Launcher pro, the phone no longer supports live wallpapers. They do not show up in the options for wallpapers and live wallpapers that are installed prompt a message saying "live wallpapers are not supported on your device". (I removed these launchers in favor of Go Launcher... which has been running perfectly smoothly... just a few minor bugs I solved with some tweaking of home screens, widgets, etc)
SOLUTION: use the latest 2.2v4 longhorn release... it is solved

5. Skype video works fine... but trying to use bluetooth for skype calls not only fails... but also breaks normal blue-tooth phone calls until reboot.
I tried to use skype video calls via bluetooth and the bluetooth works for a moment and then says "no headset connected' or something like that. After that, bluetooth fails through regular cell network phone calls also... I hear nothing but white noise out of two different headsets. BT mono, however, does still work fine... streaming audio to the same bluetooth headsets that fail to stream audio during phone calls. Also... after trying and failing to use bluetooth (hearing only white noise...), pressing the volume up and volume down buttons control the "in-call volume" and not the ringer volume...FOR READERS... REMEMBER... THIS IS ONLY AFTER TRYING TO USE BLUETOOTH WITH SKYPE... it works fine otherwise and the problems are fixed after reboot.
NO SOLUTION YET!

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM that they also have these problems or are they unique to me?

OTHER COMMENTS:

-ROM is very good... pretty much stable overclocked to 1190 Mhz

Last edited:

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
"1. Flashed AMSS, DSP1, recovery (latest streakmod from the wiki)... in that order
2. wipe dalvik, wipe user data/factory reset (from streakmod), wipe cache
3. install update.pkg
4. wipe dalvik, wipe user data/factory reset (from streakmod), wipe cache
5. restart into recovery
6. perform dell's factory reset
7. boot up..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i don't mean to correcting u..(nothing's wrong)... but this is just my opinion my friend... ;)

what i will do (since through any exps.) to flash any custom:

- fact. reset (from whatever ROM)
- (optional) back to STOCK ROM (ex. 360) ->allow boot once
- fact. reset (just make sure to be clear & clean :p)
- fastboot -> streakmod, amss & dsp1 (if u go from base olleh ROM & will go to any custom GB's ROM - u don't need to flash AMSS & DSP1)
- reboot to streakmod
- wipes cache & dalvik
- flash/install (maybe u mean) "update.zip"
- (optional) wipes cache & dalvik + fix permission ->reboot
- dell factory reset
- boot

since i use those steps, i didn't found any bugs aymore :)

hope it usefull :)

*look like u got SOD caused by Time Drift, have u try to use clocksync?

@tenorntex

still wait for your next magic update to this awesome ROM :) (hope u won't miss it my friend :p)

Last edited:

tenorntex

Dec 15, 2010
Dallas
So far there is only one (not confirmed it was the ROM) sleep of death. And really no issues to speak of. Anyone else have any actual issues with this ROM?

Sent using Longhorn 1.4.2

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
So far there is only one (not confirmed it was the ROM) sleep of death. And really no issues to speak of. Anyone else have any actual issues with this ROM?

Sent using Longhorn 1.4.2

yeah... me... was
so then i hope u will update this ROM & make it more stable... (cos i like longhorn since froyo version) ;)

Last edited:

rydroid

Jun 18, 2010
Currently on latest version of longhorn 1.4.2 and love it. Though I am considering this,but my streak is my daily phone and I wanted to know if this is suitable for the phone that I live by?

What do you guys think? Suitable for a daily driver?

K

Kolteabhiman

Hey
Tenorntex

I have made a new updated ICS theme
If you want to try PM me

Its quite stock ICS lookinf

tenorntex

Dec 15, 2010
Dallas
Currently on latest version of longhorn 1.4.2 and love it. Though I am considering this,but my streak is my daily phone and I wanted to know if this is suitable for the phone that I live by?

What do you guys think? Suitable for a daily driver?

I would have to say that the GB version is as stable as my 1.4.2. I am a daily user of it, and have been using 2.1 for a few weeks. I have just updated the new version on the first post.

Reactions: chantik and rydroid

rydroid

Jun 18, 2010
Guys can anyone help. I have installed the drivers and got streak in fast boot but get error message sheen flashing amiss etc error is along the lines of fastboot is neither an internal or external command. Even cleanflasher doesn't work?m

tenorntex

Dec 15, 2010
Dallas
Make sure the Fastboot is named Fastboot, and not anything else, or conversely make sure it is the same as what you are trying to run. (fastboot-windows.exe)

Last edited:
Reactions: rydroid

rydroid

Jun 18, 2010
Ok loving the rom very much but for two little niggles, browser crashes out, about every 20 page loads And wifi shows connected but won't work. If I disconnect and reconnect it works fine. I have cleared all caches and done a dell factory reset.

Also can I change the dialer skin to the standard one as this is my work phone and the standard skin is more professional looking.

tenorntex

Dec 15, 2010
Dallas
Ok loving the rom very much but for two little niggles, browser crashes out, about every 20 page loads And wifi shows connected but won't work. If I disconnect and reconnect it works fine. I have cleared all caches and done a dell factory reset.
Also can I change the dialer skin to the standard one as this is my work phone and the standard skin is more professional looking.

As for the browser, I am not having that issue, you can try and see if it occurs with a different browser, or you can try to flash the stock browser.

The wifi might be due to the scanning set to every 5 minutes, you can change it in the build.prop (my default is every 300 seconds)

As for the Phone, yes, you can just flash any theme, or stock phone from a different GB ROM.

rydroid

Jun 18, 2010
As for the browser, I am not having that issue, you can try and see if it occurs with a different browser, or you can try to flash the stock browser.

The wifi might be due to the scanning set to every 5 minutes, you can change it in the build.prop (my default is every 300 seconds)

As for the Phone, yes, you can just flash any theme, or stock phone from a different GB ROM.

Ok I have gone back to 1.4.2 as over night most of my games fc during either loading or say the load between 1st and second level. I'm not sure why. But in the end 1.4.2 is rock solid, wifi, most games, battery all perfect. So I'm happy gb didn't bring that much that I am now missing and I have a streak that works like a charm. Will give this rom another go at some point when I have more time.

Longhorn rules the roost, just in my case its froyo not gingerbread ;0)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to thank a few people whose contributions to the Streak Community have helped me to create the Balanced Kernel. Sergei (_n0p_) and the DSC Team for their Phoenix Kernel, 985hPaKicK for his source code for his CM7 Port. DJ Steve and Fards for their GB Kernel. The Team at Cyanogenmod for all of their ROM work. All of the Beta testers for your suggestions and time spent. The Kernel is kind of a Frankenstein of tweaks and codes from a few months of research and testing from Dell, XDA, Modaco, Github, Google and more. I am sure I have missed someone, let me know and I will add you to ther list. Once again Thank You all for putting up with all of the different builds and mistakes that I have made in the process of making Longhorn what it is today.

Balanced Kernel Key Features:

Governors added;

brazilianwax, conservative, interactive, interactivex, lagfree, lazy, lionheart, minmax, ondemand, performance, powersave, savagedzen, scary, smartassv2, smoothass, and userspace

Schedulers Added;
    cfq, deadline, noop, sio, and vr

Frequency tables to add all the frequencies available between 128K and 998K;
    128000, 245760, 384000, 422400, 460800, 499200, 537600, 614400, 652800, 691200, 729600, 768000, 806400, 844800, 883200, 921600, 960000, 998400
    The Voltages were adjusted from 950-1400 by 25mV to help with power saving.

Here is the next installment for Longhorn. I changed the default Launcher to HoloLauncher. It is an ICS clone that is very lightweight and quick. I have improved the battery life slightly and made a few other tweaks. Thanks to all of those that have help to make this Rom what it is today.

BIG CHANGE: In order to do a Complete Factory Reset, You will need to do a StreakMod Wipe Data/Factory Reset as well as a Dell Factory Reset.

New Version

Longhorn 2.9.3

https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/7m87j_fUEeGrJxICPRQ27A/Longhorn_2.9.3_Final.zip

All Reboots will take 3-5 Minutes to Boot to Lockscreen.

Additional Mirror

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/CVWH7RI1/Longhorn_2.9.3_Final.zip_links

Please Read:

How to Flash with a COMPLETE wipe
    1.) Download zip file to SD card
    2.) Reboot in Streakmod Recovery
    3.) Make Nandroid Backup
    4.) After backup, install Longhorn_2.X.zip
    5.) Perform wipe data/factory reset from SM Recovery (blue letters)
    6.) Reboot and perform a Dell Factory Reset (white letters)
    7.) Phone will reboot. First boot can/will take a few minutes.

Optional Add-ons courtesy of TheManii (USSD Fix, GAPPS, etc) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24366249&postcount=2

Longhorn 2.9.3 Changes
    Less Lag Tweaks
    Longhorn Balanced Kernel (366BB compatible)
    New CM Boot Animation
    Optimized Tweaks

Longhorn 2.9.1 Changes:
    Added LMK settings
    Adjusted Lag settings
    Fixed issue with video recorder
    Notification LEDs on by default ( to remove LED notifications, delete LED section in post _boot.sh)

Longhorn 2.9 Changes:
    HDPI Resolution
    I/O Tweaks and File System optimizations
    Adjusted Bluetooth settings
    Added DSC Universal Kernel (366BB compatible)
    Added Boot Audio
    Updated media files

Longhorn 2.7 is a little bit different as I have re-added most of the CM7 Functionality back into the Rom, with it still being bare bones. So now the Theme chooser and CM Settings are built into it already. Longhorn 2.7 has a Red and Black theme that comes stock. I have changed the scheduler and made a few minor tweaks to help speed up the I/O a bit. The minimum frequency is 128mHz and the max is 1267mHz due to the zdrive from DSC CM Kernel. Battery life is moderate, but can use some improvement.

Longhorn 2.7 Changes:
    Added CM7 Theme Chooser
    Added CM Settings Functionality
    Added Red and Black Theme
    Added Modified DSC Kernel
    Changed Scheduler
    Tweaked minor settings

Longhorn 2.6 is based on CM7, but those CM7 functions have been removed (98% of them), and what is left is Android 2.3.7 If you want those Functions to work here is the original Link to CM7 and MIUI Ports http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1528412 A huge thanks goes out to 985hPaKicK and the entire DSC Team for their work..
    If you need the CM7 Settings and Theme Options for Version 2.5 or 2.6, download and flash this zip file
    Link to CM7 Settings and Themes https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/K0nJDoBFEeGOZBICOA-R7w/CM7%20Settings%20and%20Themes.zip

Longhorn 2.6 Changes:
    Fixed issue with keyboard from last version
    Added File manager
    Removed a few Apks
    Updated default wallpaper
    Added and Modified more Kernel Tweaks
    Modified updater-script with parts from Lippol94
    Added Speed Tweaks and Settings

Longhorn 2.5 is based on the Android 2.3.7 Port of CM7 that 985hPaKicK made. It incorporates work from the DSC Team, and it is NOT a CM7 version but Android 2.3.7. It has a tweaked init script from Slaid480, and some more settings to make it run smoothly.
    As far as Keyboard FCing, you can use a different keyboard. I have provided another Gingerboard keyboard.

Longhorn 2.2v4
    Fixed issue with some not getting Home button to work
    Updated ICS Theme
    ICS Boot Animation
    Themed Email and Settings
    A Few More Kernel Tweaks
    OC is at 1.267 Max
    ICS phone and contacts and a few icons from NickShertzer

Older Versions
    Longhorn 2.9.1 Link http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1QVDXPDZ/Longhorn_2.9.1.zip_links
    Longhorn 2.9 Link http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/47AXUQ4J/Longhorn_2.9.zip_links
    Longhorn 2.8 Link http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/D27LWC7O/Longhorn_2.8.zip_links
    Longhorn 2.7 Link http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/UMSREHPF/Longhorn_2.7_Red.zip_links
    Longhorn 2.6 Link http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/NUJJXLES/Longhorn_2.6.zip_links
    Longhorn 2.5 Link http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1MFGWTX5/Longhorn_2.5.zip_links
    Longhorn 2.2.v4 Link http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/NE1KQWUD/Longhorn_2.2v4.zip_links
    Longhorn 2.2 Link https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/N5RrNlEHEeGKhxICOBs4YA/Longhorn_2.2v1.zip
    Longhorn 2.1 Link https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/m0ve9EtrEeGNLhICOBql1A/Longhorn_2.1v2.zip
    New version is in First Post.
    I have got some helpful pointers from Sergei, and I will be compiling a different Kernel this weekend, that hopefully will address some of the battery life issues. There will be some testing period for it to be sure it helps. But that is my next project that I am working on.
    I am uploading both 2.8 and a MIUI beta version. Should be up later tonight.