Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch 4.0.4 Help

Search This thread

TechFreak2516

Dec 22, 2013
i have a friend that wanted me to root his phone (Samsung Galaxy s2 epic 4g touch running 4.0.4 model SPH-D710) And i though his phone was just an s2,because he didn't tell me about the epic 4g touch part,and so i downloaded the wrong tar file and flashed his phone with the wrong file,so now when i try to boot it up it just shows samsung galaxy s2 with a yellow triangle with and exclamation mark and then it turns black and never turns on.SO i wanted to root it and now what do i do,i want to unroot it now with it working.Please help my friend will kill me if it ain't working.

mkfryan

Aug 9, 2012
Fargo ND
Download mode, then use Odin from your computer to flash the proper files. If you can't get it into download mode then JTAG service is the only thing that will be able to restore the phone.

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Download mode = holding power button and volume down while turning the phone on. Pull the battery if you have to first.
I would use the official ICS one-click odin from here first to see if it will take:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1903252

Do not pick the JB builds yet, the JB builds may wipe out internal storage and anything that resides there like pictures or other stuff. Just try to get the phone booting first so you can save stuff if you need to from SD.

SpencerWeiss

Oct 12, 2013
Sorry that happened to you. Next time, don't flash a rooted kernel unless the device does not have an app that will do it. You wont get the triangle, and you wont brick the phone. The epic 4g touch does have that app. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276)

To fix your problem, go into download mode on the phone and flash the stock kernel (You may need to flash a couple of kernels because there are many different model numbers for the epic 4g touch, such as GC01 EL29, ect.) with odin on your computer. Once you flash the correct kernel, root it with the app I linked above.

Edit: Android 4.0.4 is limited to 4 options when it comes to kernels! FL24, FL27,FH13, and FF18. Try those kernels to flash.

Last edited:

jaysoblitzed

Sep 29, 2012
Port Saint Lucie
Use the GB27 Odin one click stock root to ensure the device is updated and working properly. Luckily for you, download mode isnt affected by a bad kernel flash. The one click will put the GB27 Kernel and modem and upgrade it to 4.1.2.
Then if he wants 4.0.4 back you can always downgrade with a 4.0.4 Odin one click.
But before you do, use the triangle away apk on the rooted GB27 after odin to take away that yellow eyesore .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download mode = holding power button and volume down while turning the phone on. Pull the battery if you have to first.
    I would use the official ICS one-click odin from here first to see if it will take:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1903252

Do not pick the JB builds yet, the JB builds may wipe out internal storage and anything that resides there like pictures or other stuff. Just try to get the phone booting first so you can save stuff if you need to from SD.