[Q] google nexus 5 root

Search This thread

jaybyrd

Dec 10, 2013
Cincinnati
so i had my google nexus 5 rooted and had the bootloader unlocked and then i did 2 system updates starting at 4.4.2 updated to 4.4.3 then updated to 4.4.4 and then my device lost root access. what is the easiest way to unlock my bootloader and root my nexus 5 using windows 8 on android 4.4.4? all help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

dreamwave

so i had my google nexus 5 rooted and had the bootloader unlocked and then i did 2 system updates starting at 4.4.2 updated to 4.4.3 then updated to 4.4.4 and then my device lost root access. what is the easiest way to unlock my bootloader and root my nexus 5 using windows 8 on android 4.4.4? all help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
the absolute easiest way is to just use adb with windows (make sure you don't have data on the phone you want to save as it will be deleted) turn the phone off then into download mode, type `fastboot oem unlock` then download a custom recovery for your phone, flash it however you seem fit, and install a custom rom from there. I tried going stock rooted once and that was the most painful experience as every update you lost root, even with the rootkeeper apps.

jaybyrd

Dec 10, 2013
Cincinnati
google nexus 5

the absolute easiest way is to just use adb with windows (make sure you don't have data on the phone you want to save as it will be deleted) turn the phone off then into download mode, type `fastboot oem unlock` then download a custom recovery for your phone, flash it however you seem fit, and install a custom rom from there. I tried going stock rooted once and that was the most painful experience as every update you lost root, even with the rootkeeper apps.

can you walk me thru it? step by step? this is confusing. i am new to this