Installing Swype Beta on Nexus One

Search This thread

TheMan42

Mar 19, 2009
It still works,I use the Droid version on my N1 without an issue - it'll give the error message about the screen size but if you press the text field again it'll pop up and work fine.

southeastbeast

Nov 29, 2007
Greater Seattle area, WA
it actually DOES work, just not in landscape. Just close the error message and go to input portrait mode again and it'll work. I just turned off auto orientation to always keep my phone in portrait mode to avoid any crashes while laying down and it switching to landscape. There is an .apk file out there that says they have patched it but to no avail =P

Swype is my keyboard while driving (1 handed operation) but I use Smart Keyboard (free on market) for regular landscape typing.

Breakthecycle2

Jun 7, 2009
NJ
What am I doing wrong then? I installed it, then the same error comes up about the screen size. I click start and when I go to type, no keyboard comes up.

Breakthecycle2

Jun 7, 2009
NJ
On second thought, I may have had a bad apk file. I downloaded the one in the first post and got it to work.

anthro

Jan 19, 2010
Manila
Looks like it works sometimes. The error message is bugging me, though. There's also no way to hide the keyboard sometimes, unlike the stick keyboard (which you can drag down to hide).

BrumBrum74

Dec 19, 2006
When using Swype and latest Cyanogen rom I cannot use camera. If I disable Swype, then the camera works fine.

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton
Just wondering if anyone here has the ability to get rid of the warning message and landscape version?

It must be a relatively easy task for an experienced dev?

Cetin

Nov 6, 2007
Just wondering if anyone here has the ability to get rid of the warning message and landscape version?

It must be a relatively easy task for an experienced dev?

I would like to know too! Everything's working perfect but error messages pi... me off every time changing position.
What can we do?

joelitton

Feb 12, 2012
Tampa Florida
I'd prefer Swype, but other options exist...

I'd rooted my Kindle Fire and put Swype on there, and use it on my Evo (work phone) and on Incredible. So I'd prefer to have the same tool on all devices.

Two similar products that reportedly DO work with Nexus:
  1. TouchPal Keyboard (free)
  2. SlideIT ($5.99)
Both are in the Android Marketplace

Somewhere I think I've got the apk for ShapeWriter as well, and I used to like that one, so could be worth a test.

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA
I'm not sure what the problem is here? I've been using Swype on my N1 for as long as I can remember, and have never had any problems?