[Q] HDMI Adapter in Box?

Search This thread

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
Nope. It doesn't come with AT&T version. AT&T version, all you get is the phone, battery, ac charger, usb cable, $25 media hub (tv shows only), manuals.

doomstar288

Apr 15, 2010
The infuse comes with one. The galaxy doesn't included one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

Ductapemaster

Sep 2, 2010
Santa Barbara
Based upon what I've seen, you need a MHL adapter for the phone. Its just a little box that plugs into USB, and had a USB port on it for power input and an HDMI port. There's cheap out there, like this one.

gregh2000

Dec 24, 2009
I have an MHL adapter and it does work but you need to plug the power into the thing in order for it to do anything. My receiver has usb and hdmi on the front so that works for me. It would be nice to have 1 cable, but this works.

Ductapemaster

Sep 2, 2010
Santa Barbara
Unfortunately I believe that's the case with any MHL device. There's a chip inside that box that transcribes the MHL signal (coming over the 5 pin USB connector) to a full HDMI signal, and it requires power. It's not all that bad though, as you would probably want to be charging your phone while playing a video anyways.

Reactions: cliffgardner

mpazevedo

Feb 15, 2011
Eventually most of the high end TVs will have the MHL. You will still need the adapter but you will not need to power it. The TV will not only power your phone but charge it.

Jan 14, 2011
I pocketed the HDMI MHL adapter from my infuse when I returned it under the 30 day ATT trial... The screen was pixelated in my infuse in the top left hand corner so they were more concerned with my device being defective than me just not liking it and only asked me if the charger was in the box.

vladm7

Oct 8, 2011
Chicagoland
I wonder if anyone can report on this:

dealextreme.com/p/mini-usb-on-the-go-host-otg-adapter-2-pack-50944

USB->HDMI adapter for SGS2?

I'm inclined to give it try...

garrisj

Feb 5, 2011
The above link is for connecting a USB device, such as a thumb drive or keyboard to a mini USB device. Useful for us? yes. Useful for hdmi output? No.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope. Not in the AT&T box

10 char xxxx
    Unfortunately I believe that's the case with any MHL device. There's a chip inside that box that transcribes the MHL signal (coming over the 5 pin USB connector) to a full HDMI signal, and it requires power. It's not all that bad though, as you would probably want to be charging your phone while playing a video anyways.