[rom] tbm v.0.4.1 [fb21][02/24/2012]

Search This thread

tomyboombotz

Jan 6, 2009
Staten Isalnd Ny
U must have me confused with someone else because I rather ask what is working and what is not because rite now I'm shooting in the dark because he working list is not very detailed ... obviously thats the op's last thing to worry about and I thank the dev community very much for all there work but .. we get people that ***** that stuff doesn't work because they dont ask before hand ...... KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

ross4747

Jul 10, 2009
Boston
help please

okay flashed this to try ICS gotta say you did a great job dude but honestly i wanna go back to just stock, and unfortunately i cant seem to do that my phone wont connect to my pc at all i even bought a new usb cord just to make sure, i tried odin but cant connect and this happened on both computers in my home... im able to flash a cwm through the recovery that comes on this ics rom but cant get my phone to be recognized and yes i have the drivers installed i even downloaded them from the samsung website and installed them again on 2 different computers so please some one help a brother out i dont post often but anyone that has had this issue please respond im running out of ideas on what to do

digweed4me

Oct 22, 2010
dallas, tx
okay flashed this to try ICS gotta say you did a great job dude but honestly i wanna go back to just stock, and unfortunately i cant seem to do that my phone wont connect to my pc at all i even bought a new usb cord just to make sure, i tried odin but cant connect and this happened on both computers in my home... im able to flash a cwm through the recovery that comes on this ics rom but cant get my phone to be recognized and yes i have the drivers installed i even downloaded them from the samsung website and installed them again on 2 different computers so please some one help a brother out i dont post often but anyone that has had this issue please respond im running out of ideas on what to do

if u could go to cwm then nandroid back to any gingerbread rom them your pc will recognize your phone from then u can go to stock.

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
nope tried that too, i did a nandroid right before i flashed this rom, when i updated it today and tried connecting to computer it didnt work

If you hook up your phone to a wall charger does it start charging?

Edit: also do you have the cable that came with the phone?

digweed4me

Oct 22, 2010
dallas, tx
nope tried that too, i did a nandroid right before i flashed this rom, when i updated it today and tried connecting to computer it didnt work
i was having the same problem when i am on ics my pc wouldnt recognize my phone when i restore back to gb it would
sorry i meant to say restore your gingerbread rom from your nandroid back up then it will recognize your phone to pc.

Last edited:

ross4747

Jul 10, 2009
Boston
If you hook up your phone to a wall charger does it start charging?

Edit: also do you have the cable that came with the phone?

yea my phone charges fine and the usb cord i was using originally was the one that it came with, seems like since flashing this i haven't been able to connect my phone or use any sort of mass storage or odin

and my nandroid was of blazer rom... so maybe thats why its not working but once i restore from the nandroid it powers up and runs fine but if i connect it to any computer it never is recognized and also my phone randomely will lose data connection now...

i just bought mobile odin from the market trying to find a .tar or something to just make my phone stock again but havent found anything flashable throught the mobile odin app would act the same but the instruction to go back stock involve using odin on a PC and mine wont connect so thats a no go

dudeman1st

May 6, 2011
PHX

You aren't doing something correctly, or you broke your usb port. Does the phone charge? How did you install recovery? Does it boot to recovery? If so, did you actually recover your backup? Did you try usb connecting in the recovery mode? I don't think this is a ROM problem, you should take it to Q&A.

ross4747

Jul 10, 2009
Boston
You aren't doing something correctly, or you broke your usb port. Does the phone charge? How did you install recovery? Does it boot to recovery? If so, did you actually recover your backup? Did you try usb connecting in the recovery mode? I don't think this is a ROM problem, you should take it to Q&A.

yea the phone charges

i installed the recovery though the stock recovery on the rom, i used the rogue el29 kernel flashed that and then rebooted in recovery mode wiped data cache and dalvik and flashed blazer rom and it booted fine, but phone wouldnt connect to computer and the i dont have the samsung boot screen either anymore since flashing this, now it says in green letters gaudi_bootimage.jpg in freen letters at top of screen

dudeman1st

May 6, 2011
PHX
0.4.1 ROM is snappy and runs well. It seems to have the same problems as other ICS FB ROMS. This ROM was running hot, especially on recovery and charging. Exchange isn't working, and exchange extra security doesn't seem to work either. I had trouble getting GPS lock in Navigation and Maps. MMS seems to be working just fine, even on roaming. Ti backups seems to be working fine too. Overall, looks very good.

wytecaztle

Mar 27, 2008
Atlanta
Stock Task manager was unininstalled with this release any way to add it back on next release?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

dudeman1st

May 6, 2011
PHX
I was getting a LogsProvider error after restoring Ti system data. Easily solved by Managing Apps and clearing data under LogsProvider.

1stCentauri

Aug 22, 2011
Bristol
Thirded...lol. Personally utilized the TM religiously. Love the ROM however. No off the wall bugs or anything to report. Didnt care for NOVA to begin with, but its starting to grow on me. Thanks for all of your hard work, im sure I speak for others as well.

altroy

May 11, 2007
Dallas
Try This
In the settings menu under Data Usage you need to select MORE then USB Utilities and then select Connect storage to PC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Gents,
    I'm new to this whole Rom Dev thing, but basically this is the "The Black Mamba" Rom.
    I made it really for myself to see what i could do, and cuz I hate alot of the bloat the stock rom comes with, and wanted some AOSP in the mix. Please no flamming this is my first Rom. Please let me know of any bugs or issues and i will do my absolute best to fix them. All help if any is welcome.

IF YOU BRICK, BREAK, OR BUST YOUR PHONE, ITS NOT MY FAULT,
    there are issues with this rom but im figuring it out
    day after day :D
    you have been warned ;)

Thanks go to Calkulins, Team Rouge, ACSyndicate, dsixda, Hawking/Blue1k, smccall, rayandreas.

DL Here

V.0.4.1 Change-log
    -Updated base/modem to FB21
    -added AOSP keyboard, calculator, browser, camera(pan/video fc), mms, & gallery
    -Moved maps/books/gmail/talk/voice search/youtube to /data
    -added DSP manager
    -Prl/profile update fixed
    -Nova Launcher updated to V.1.0

*OLDER* Versions

DL Hotfile
    Mirror Dev-Host

V.0.3 Change-log
    -More Build Prop edits
    -Improved 3g speeds
    -More Picture/video quality tweaks
    -Android debugging icon gone
    -Extra speed tweak

DL http://hotfile.com/dl/147256101/0cd0923/TBM.FB17.V.0.2.zip.html

V.0.2 Change-log
    -Removed more bloat
    -Removed useless sounds(shutdown sounds, camera)
    -Build Prop Tweaks(gpu rendering, pic quality, power saving tweaks & more)
    -Reverted back to stock camera (for now due to fc's with the AOSP Camera)
    -Included AdRemove Hosts
    -Some more tiny things (Remember I'm new, taking this step by step)
    -Flash fixed
    -Gallery fixed when picking wallpapers

DL http://dev-host.org/tF7

V.0.1 change-log [initial release]
    - Deleted bloat (Most Tw apps ie kies, photo editor, office app, extra fonts, still some left to remove)
    - Has S.U.
    - Has AOSP Camera
    - Removed TW Camera/Tw Launcher/AOSP Launcher
    - Included FB15 Modem
    - Default launcher is NOVA

Issues
    - Lose your recovery
    - temp fix to get recovery back, odin this kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1390393

Up Comming
    - Theme this bad boy
    - Hopefully Onscreen Nav Buttons
    - AOSP Apps (Camera, calc, and anything else i feel like) :)

Screenshots
    E1PZcye3

ojeZY2uk

Fpy7NMYB

yPvu1zrD

How to install:
    -Download from link above
    -Place ZIP in root of sdcard or internal memory of your phone
    -Reboot into recovery (power off phone, press and hold vol+ and pwr till boot splash appears)
    -Wipe data/cache/dalvik-cache
    -Flash Zip (my rom on your sdcard/internal memory)
    -Reboot
    -Enjoy/Hate (Even Jesus Had Haters)
    -*Comment Below with feedback(no flamming plz)
    can't wait for someone to theme fb17 ics in a rom

im currently working on theming this but, its going to be a green black based of of myn warm themes (i run that on my evo) but alot less htc sense ish
    OP Updated with V.0.3, Feedback/Positive criticism welcome :)
    a bro, thanks for tis! i was just downloading v2 wen i saw v3...sweet! but, now I have to wait 30 minutes... oh well.its worth the wait,unless there is a mirror ;)

im just wiping all and doing a fresh flash?

We really appreciate you doing this work for us around here! Keep up the great work!

Man, bro! I just posted this and went back to op and you had a mirror!!! sweet!
    Thanks,man!
    no I dont personally because it could cause problems if its a bad flash. notice every other rom out there besides tar files have it as a seperate. flash. must be a reason dont you think. also if someone wanted to say have theirek02 modem cuz it works better. they have to reinstall it. just added steps. new modems sont always work the best especially if it a leaked modem. imho

alright good to know will update OP with new link without modem soon as i can