[APP][Launcher] ICS Trebuchet Launcher

Search This thread

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
This is just the vanilla launcher from 20120617 CM9 Nightly for Tenderloin (HP Touchpad). No features has been added (yet). Incase you don't know, Trebuchet is the name for the stock CM9 launcher. See screenshots below for differences:

Stock
OZFMc.png

Trebuchet
WTHhM.png

Tested on the 80G9. Not sure how this would look on the 101G9. Also, seems a little faster than the stock launcher.

Known Issues
Right now...no way to get into the launcher settings :p
Force close when adding widgets
Howto install
Download: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0GEjZZe9zzyS213UWVMSmxqbkE
Transfer to device
Click on APK to install

Last edited:

gen_scheisskopf

Feb 22, 2009
Poznań
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (2021)
Now ok
And maybe you could ask him how to get into settings and why the widgets force close. Wonder if it has some dependency or something
There should be no dependencies.
However try integrating it into the firmware (it was designed to work from /system/app)- ICS does restrict launcher behaviour if it is not a system app (like for Apex- you can't put a widget from Drawer if it's a user app)

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Now ok

There should be no dependencies.
However try integrating it into the firmware (it was designed to work from /system/app)- ICS does restrict launcher behaviour if it is not a system app (like for Apex- you can't put a widget from Drawer if it's a user app)

I did put it in /system/app but I just used root explorer. Wonder if titanium backups convert to system app feature would help

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Got widgets to work, used the titanium backup feature :p maybe it will work with a direct push to /system/app from adb

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Like Trebuchet Concept, Looking Forward

Once I figured out how to use it, I kind of like the minimalist approach. Dragging app icons and widgets to the screens is much quicker than click, click, find, click, ... and the widget re-sizing dot feature touted in Jellybean is already there (but can be applied asymmetrically for some strange results).

However, this thing is still primitive. No properties except wallpapers.

I put on adw (former XDA launcher) just to have a more usable system. I do not look for fancy eye-candy like go. Just some simple properties like:

Grid density--I like fitting more icons on the page (I find the adw refitting not the best so leave that unchecked).

Along with this, might need the widget auto-refit idea from Jellybean.

Number of home screens (elementary).

Last but not least, a backup and restore.

Another interesting idea I got by accident in another launcher: superimpose icon over larger widget. When clicked, takes precedence, of course. Since screen real-estate, especially in smaller phones, is at a premium, this could be a "killer."

Two bugs I found:
Possible to place two icons in same place on app bar. Embarrassing.
Widgets did not "come back" after reboot sometimes.

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Got a Nice Version!

There are multiple versions around for download, without any systematic way of choosing other than: The Biggest Has More Features Implemented. I found a 10 meg version in a flash-able zip that has most of what I wanted already there!

Still needs a backup and save, and important: way of resetting as the default launcher :)

The general widget re-sizing works great, even re-positioning to a halfway spot so the re-sizing makes sense. Great.

Minor bugs around:

The news and weather widget re-sizing works incorrectly. ADW does it fine.

Icon label text is cut off (at least on 5-row view). Vertical padding makes it worse. Needs be tucked in closer to the icon.

I might assume that a somewhat larger apk is around somewhere with more features and fixes. Once I can get it again as default launcher, I will play with it some more.