[A] Mods without hacking APKs or custom rom (multiwindow any app)

Search This thread
A

Android_Noob_2k12

Can you get Clean-Rom or Jedi-Rom with this. I am brand new to android so I don't quite understand all of the lingo.

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
This works great on new Tmo 4.1.1 . It just puts all your apps available to you in the MW pane. Awesome! Also, as someone else made a thread about, you can stream a movie to your TV on the top window and do awesome stuff like cruise XDA on the bottom :)

ofsinreno

Nov 11, 2009
Has anyone found a way to get a tablet mode UI like PA has? I tried changing the dpi in androidsystem but it isn't compatible yet.

Sent from my... wait, I can't remember what device or ROM I'm running anymore!

tchort

Dec 3, 2008
Does root stay on device after reboot? I'm using MobileIron which detects root, trying to understand if its safe to use with mobileiron.

rlee008

Jul 7, 2009
Miami, FL
I followed the OP's directions and it seems i have everything installed correctly. But for some reason when i open the "multi window app drawer" and choose an app it just opens full screen, when i click another app it does the same. It doesnt seem like i can run two apps side by side....

Any ideas?

Edit: NEVERMIND..... GOTTA DRAG AND DROP THE APPS.... DUH!

Last edited:

rlee008

Jul 7, 2009
Miami, FL
Ok so now im running into another problem. Before i figured out the drag & drop i went and uninstalled everything via the XposedInstaller app. I uninstalled and cleaned. Then i uninstalled both apk's thinking i would just start over again. Now when i try running the XposedInstaller apk it gives me the errors

"cannot read data/xposed/modules - whitelist"

And....

"the Xposed framework is not installed"

So i cant continue any further. Did i mess up something by uninstalling and cleaning?

Ganbara_Knight

Jul 4, 2012
This doesn't work any longer? I get this red error message when I try to install:

uploadfromtaptalk1357349007954.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

knarfies

Jul 30, 2012
I got the same error with the app settings apk

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

deependra95

May 16, 2013
  1. Install and run Exploit apk to get root:
  2. Install XposedInstaller-ICS_JB-rc2.apk, follow instructions on post.
  3. Install XposedMultiWindow.apk.
  4. Open the Xposed Installer app (installed in step 2). Click 'Modules', then check 'xMulti Window Mod', and reboot. (activates the run-time patch allowing all apps to be multiwindow compatible).

BTW, there are more cool Xposed modules (like call recording, per-app dpi, and no 100% battery notification) you can download here. Xposedframework eliminates the need for stock rom chefs imho.

is it valid for samsung galaxy grand duos (GT-I9082) ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Install and run Exploit apk to get root:
    2. Install XposedInstaller-ICS_JB-rc2.apk, follow instructions on post.
    3. Install XposedMultiWindow.apk.
    4. Open the Xposed Installer app (installed in step 2). Click 'Modules', then check 'xMulti Window Mod', and reboot. (activates the run-time patch allowing all apps to be multiwindow compatible).

BTW, there are more cool Xposed modules (like call recording, per-app dpi, and no 100% battery notification) you can download here. Xposedframework eliminates the need for stock rom chefs imho.
    Ok, thanks... so I'm T-Mobile rooted, debloated, latest LK8. Just #2,then #3 and it should work, cool?

TerrorCandii Inc.

I follow the OP last night and it worked like a charm.
    Are there any draw backs to this mod? I was reading the original Exploit apk post and some are talking about a green camera screen.

If you just root through the app you'll be fine. The green camera screen happens when you check the boxes to actually disable the exploit.
    Hello everyone.

One question on this root process, can we install and use overclock applications such as SetCPU and TunerPro?

And if we had to, can the process be reversed and go back to stock unroot Note II?

Thank you.

1. Yes, once you're rooted, you can use apps that request root like SetCPU, Titanium Backup, AdAway, etc.

2. Yes, if you're on stock rom and recovery, you just go to SuperSu > Settings > Full Unroot.
    1. Yes, once you're rooted, you can use apps that request root like SetCPU, Titanium Backup, AdAway, etc.

2. Yes, if you're on stock rom and recovery, you just go to SuperSu > Settings > Full Unroot.

Remember to uncheck the disable exploit boxes before unrooting, or you won't be able to re-root using the exploit.