USB Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Search This thread

jclingler5213

Apr 28, 2010
Any reason why the shield won't recognize my usb wireless keyboard? I can connect a wired Xbox 360 Controller through my OTG adapter, but when I connect the usb adapter for the mouse/keyboard, it won't recognize that there is a keyboard & mouse connected. My nexus 7 recognizes both when I use it, and so does my galaxy note 3. I'd love to be able to use this as opposed to having to buy a new bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I'm using a logitech k400 keyboard with the touchpad and a logitech wireless mouse, model mk215, and they're using a unifying receiver.

I went to Best Buy and picked up a Dynex 7 port USB hub that is powered externally, and so far, the powered hub is not making a difference. Still not registering that the wireless keyboard/mouse are connected. Confirmed that hub works when connected to pc as well as my nexus 7, but not on the shield.

Last edited:

z28james

Jun 13, 2009
I just did the update and plugged in a mouse via OTG cable and it seems to be working fine. Makes stuff like Plants vs Zombies really playable having a mouse.

SPIDERTECH

Feb 21, 2008
Texas
Any reason why the shield won't recognize my usb wireless keyboard? I can connect a wired Xbox 360 Controller through my OTG adapter, but when I connect the usb adapter for the mouse/keyboard, it won't recognize that there is a keyboard & mouse connected. My nexus 7 recognizes both when I use it, and so does my galaxy note 3. I'd love to be able to use this as opposed to having to buy a new bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I'm using a logitech k400 keyboard with the touchpad and a logitech wireless mouse, model mk215, and they're using a unifying receiver.

I went to Best Buy and picked up a Dynex 7 port USB hub that is powered externally, and so far, the powered hub is not making a difference. Still not registering that the wireless keyboard/mouse are connected. Confirmed that hub works when connected to pc as well as my nexus 7, but not on the shield.

I'm using a K400 and it works just fine. Both the keyboard and mouse pad are working great. I plugged in the OTG connector with the dongle already plugged into it and it wasn't recognized. I had to first plug in the OTG cable and then plug the dongle into the OTG.

etc6849

Mar 12, 2010
The logitech unify devices work great with the Nvidia Shield.

HOWEVER, you MUST install the latest Unify software on a PC, link all the Unify devices to the same Unify transceiver you are going to use in the Shield. After linking everything you want to use, then unplug the Unify dongle and plug it into the Shield.

Why can't these instructions be included somewhere in the Logitech manual that came with my keyboard. What a waste of my time.