[06/04/13][MOD+ROM][4.2.2][Stock Mods for odex and deodex][Reboot Menu and TabletUI]

Search This thread

delerium82

Dec 28, 2010
Veliko Tyrnovo
So it was a 3G version? If so I will know for certain that these do not work for that version. Please let me know. Did you try reboot menu alone? The android.policy.jar mods should completely identical on both devices, it is the SystemUI.apks that are causing the issue (which is in the tablet mods and the battery mods)

Yes, and none of the mods work, after flashing the tablet does not boot, stays on nexus logo and nothing more. I am unique user, when mods work for the rest for me nothing works, and I have no explanation for this. Еverything is the same as other, but I have troubles :confused:

Prior_Ori

Dec 26, 2012
thanks for your work! everything works as it is necessary! I pleased possibility of a choice of that what to establish!

Reactions: hlxanthus

droidnext

Jul 2, 2012
Thanks for this very handy volume mod. I used custom rom for this feature only, never use other extra features on custom rom plus they all buggy. Now I'm happy to be back to stock rooted 4.2.2 for smoothness and amazing battery life.

stock rooted + stock kernel + volume mod + full!screen app = awesome

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
Re: [MOD] Flashable Mods [JDQ39 OTA] odex + deodexed stock

Thanks for the feedback! Stock runs real nice with lean kernel if you want to try an alternative.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

droidnext

Jul 2, 2012
Thanks for suggestion, I just wonder if you can make kill all mod in recent app. That will be great and handy, I know everybody use it all the time.

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011

Thanks for suggestion, I just wonder if you can make kill all mod in recent app. That will be great and handy, I know everybody use it all the time.

I will look into it. No promises

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

franktango

May 22, 2007
I had some challenges getting tablet UI to work. I had dpi set to 175 and it did not switch new ui. Only when I changed to 178 it showed up.
Still reboot menu is still the old one. Do I need to enable the new one somewhere?

Otherwise great stuff... Any clue if you could do the quick app launcher as part of the status line on bottom? My custom ROM on A500 has that...

silverspur

Mar 21, 2013

Please note, these have at this point only been tested working on the WiFi version. I believe the reboot menu and volume skip mods will work with the 3G version, but flash at your own risk, and perform a nandroid backup prior to applying.

I am sure many will agree that choosing between a true stock experience and the plethera of custom roms (and thier many lovely options) can be a challenge. Myself, I usually go with the CyanogenMod myself, just for the options. But I always come back to stock for its dependability. So I have made a few mods that are odexed and flashable from your custom recovery.

The first is the 4-way Reboot Menu. My source is from this thread here. It did not work initially so a slight modification had to be made, which the thread maintainer was glad to help talk me through. I opted to not do the volume skip at this time. If there is any interest I will add it later.

rebootmenu_zps5e62032e.png
rebootmenu4way_zps8c6768cb.png

Reboot Menu Only

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_reboot.only_odex.zip
Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_reboot.only_deodex.zip

Reboot Menu and Volume Skip

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_reboot.vol_odex.zip
Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_reboot.vol_deodex.zip

Next is an odexed version of Tablet UI. I used AuxLV's app, Tabletizer from here, and then odexed the files. The only real issue with it is that the stock launcher is virtually useless with this implemented and a third party launcher is needed. I personally like Nova Launcher (and was used for the screenshots), and Apex did work too. At this time, this mod will also implement the Reboot Menu from above as well (they both modify android.policy.odex). If this mod is wanted without the reboot menu, let me know.

tabletUIlandscape_zpsfbc659bd.png

tabletUIportriat_zps73097ac2.png
dualpanelportriat_zpsbf6bb8df.png

dualpanellandscape_zps3ec4975c.png

tabletUInotification_zps73062098.png

tabletUIquicksettings_zpsc59622b4.png

Reboot Menu and Tablet UI

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_reboot.tabUI_odex.zip
Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_reboot.tabUI_deodex.zip

Reboot Menu, Tablet UI, and Percentage Battery

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_battery_reboot.tabUI_odex.v2.zip
Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_battery_reboot.tabUI_deodex.zip

Reboot Menu, Volume Skip, Tablet UI, and Percentage Battery

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_battery_reboot.vol.tabUI_odex.zip
Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_battery_reboot.vol.tabUI_deodex.zip

Volume Skip, and Tablet UI

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_volume.skip.tabUI_odex.zip
Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_volume.skip.tabUI_deodex.zip

Volume Skip, Tablet UI and Percentage Battery

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_battery_volume.skip.tabUI_odex.zip
Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_battery_volume.skip.tabUI_deodex.zip

This is a 100% battery mod that uses images that I created for the status bar. I have made this compatable with Spannaa's flashable battery themes (thread found here). This is essentially his "Base Statusbar Battery & Pulldown Battery Toggle VRTheme" with my PNG's. So any of his themes are compatable!

percentagebatter_zps846e3c43.png

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_battery_odex.zip
Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_battery_deodex.zip

This below is only the Volume Skip mod. Control Play Music with the screen off by using the volume rocker to skip tracks!

Volume Skip Only

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_VolumeSkip.only_odex.zip
Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_VolumeSkip.only_deodex.zip

Had a request for this, so I threw it together. This is simply a build.prop modded for 178dpi (tricks your device into thinking it has a larger screen than it does). He originally asked for 160dpi, but that broke tablet UI, so upped a bit. This will work on either odexed or deodexed stock. I included below a picture of this implemented. Also shown in this picture are themed softkeys found here (and work on either odexed or deodexed)

landscapeTAB-178dpi_zps56fbb900.png

Download - 4.2.2.stock.grouper_178dpi.zip

______________________________________________________________________​

Need a rom to flash these on? Look no further!! Below are links to both Odexed and Deodexed Stock roms! They have been rooted (with SuperSU, busybox installed, and all apps that are not odexed within the rom are updated as of 03/05/2013. They are also set to zip align at boot (this will help keep the deodexed version running as smooth as the odexed version). No other modifications have been made yet. My thinking is that anything else is easily added afterwords, and will fall into the mod section above.

Download - 4.2.2.ROM.stock.grouper.odex.zip
Download - 4.2.2.ROM.stock.grouper.deodex.zip

EXTRAS!!

This last part will be for extras I find that will work within either Odexed or Deodexed 4.2.2 stock roms (and maybe others). These are not my creations, but will work and I will include links for the given mod.

Link to Re-Odex method [TOOL/GUIDE]1by1_ReOdexer - Make a new ODEX file

Mine does not look like that in portrait cause the app drawer icon is missing...can u please tell me what goes wrong?this is my screenshot...I used nova launcher here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011

Hi, I got all mod, thank you.

Can you make "expand screen" and "wake device up from volume"?

It will be perfect!

I can certainly do the volume wake for you. The expanded desktop might be possible but you wouldn't be able to switch on the fly so might be problematic. I will see what I can com up with. Would you like both volume up and down to wake the device?

I had some challenges getting tablet UI to work. I had dpi set to 175 and it did not switch new ui. Only when I changed to 178 it showed up.
Still reboot menu is still the old one. Do I need to enable the new one somewhere?

Otherwise great stuff... Any clue if you could do the quick app launcher as part of the status line on bottom? My custom ROM on A500 has that...

TabletUI works on stock 213dpi and 178dpi as you discovered. I had the same issues with alternate dpi's breaking tabUI. As for the reboot menu you need to flash the tabletUI version that includes the reboot menu as not all versions include it. It is not something that is togglable from settings.

Mine does not look like that in portrait cause the app drawer icon is missing...can u please tell me what goes wrong?this is my screenshot...I used nova launcher here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Well for some reason I cannot see your screenshot, so I cannot see what you are talking about. Are you refering to the app drawer on the dock or the app+settings in the upper right corner? I did a wipe to go back to stock and cannot duplicate from a fresh flash. Please get me a screenshot and which version of which mods you may have flashed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

franktango

May 22, 2007
TabletUI works on stock 213dpi and 178dpi as you discovered. I had the same issues with alternate dpi's breaking tabUI. As for the reboot menu you need to flash the tabletUI version that includes the reboot menu as not all versions include it. It is not something that is togglable from settings.

I flashed twice or three times. In all cases reboot was in the name... I also tried different files. Battery icons changed and Tablet UI working but not reboot menu. I still have Quickboot app so it is not a big issue.

qaz2453

Nov 20, 2010
Glasgow

going to flash your stock rooted ROM (which I've been looking for quite a while) and the tablet UI (can't wait to try them out):D

R

random hero

AW: [MOD] Flashable Mods [JDQ39 OTA] odex + deodexed stock

Hello! I am on odex stock and tried your mod. But I am unhappy with the tablet ui and the 178 dpi mod. Unfortunately I did not make a nandroid. Do I have the chance to get back to the stock system ui with stock dpi setting? Help very appreciated!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium. Hit 'Thanks' if I helped you, pleeez!

Top Liked Posts