[Q] How to access sd card through recovery

Search This thread

lachfalte

Dec 28, 2013
Can you please help me on this one? Yesterday i updated my nightly cm11 to the newest version. I didn't backup any of my data. It booted normally and i tried to restore my old Android-ID via Titanium, but suddenly my phone restarted and after retrying to restore the ID again, it didn't work and it said, it couldn't find any old ID in the setting storage. I remembered that i have some older Titanium Backups on my laptop and after it failed again with the new added backups, i tried to restore the whole setting storage in apps list in Titanium. At first, it didn't showed any effect so i tried to reboot it and now i'm stucked on a loop. I can't flash the rom, because i deleted the rom from my sd card to get more storage.

TL; DR: How can you get access on your sd by using recovery? If i plug my phone via usb, it shows me my 2 sd cards, but i can't open them. (when i mount usb storage, the 2 sd cards on my laptop just disappear)

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Can you please help me on this one? Yesterday i updated my nightly cm11 to the newest version. I didn't backup any of my data. It booted normally and i tried to restore my old Android-ID via Titanium, but suddenly my phone restarted and after retrying to restore the ID again, it didn't work and it said, it couldn't find any old ID in the setting storage. I remembered that i have some older Titanium Backups on my laptop and after it failed again with the new added backups, i tried to restore the whole setting storage in apps list in Titanium. At first, it didn't showed any effect so i tried to reboot it and now i'm stucked on a loop. I can't flash the rom, because i deleted the rom from my sd card to get more storage.

TL; DR: How can you get access on your sd by using recovery? If i plug my phone via usb, it shows me my 2 sd cards, but i can't open them. (when i mount usb storage, the 2 sd cards on my laptop just disappear)

You might have to try on another pc/laptop. You should be able to access them in recovery if you mount storage (sd).

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

lachfalte

Dec 28, 2013
Flashing it again didn't solved the boot loop :(. I tried older cm11 versions but didn't worked either. What can i do?

lachfalte

Dec 28, 2013
Have you tried clean flashing? If it doesn't work, you'll most likely have to flash stock kk4 without bootloaders and start fresh from there.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Since it was getting worse and worse (i tried to apply an old cm10 backup via cm), i wasn't even able to get into recovery mode. I flashed stock kk4 with odin but now it won't let me get to usb storage: Seconds after i plug my phonevia usb just to load or to load sth on my sd card, my phone shuts down and the green loading bar appears until a new reboot starts into the green bar etc...
Is this a common bug? I searched in the forums, but couldn't find this kind of.

lachfalte

Dec 28, 2013
I guess i have some weird mount/unmount problems since i even wasn't able to get into mass storage via recovery beforehand when i had the bootloop. And the strange thing now is, that odin didn't formatted my sd card (i still got my music and stuff)

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
I guess i have some weird mount/unmount problems since i even wasn't able to get into mass storage via recovery beforehand when i had the bootloop. And the strange thing now is, that odin didn't formatted my sd card (i still got my music and stuff)

Odin doesn't format your sd card anymore.

I'm not so sure about the bug you're having. Feels like your internal might be dead but that would mean no recovery too. Do you have a external sd in?

lachfalte

Dec 28, 2013

I'm not so sure about the bug you're having. Feels like your internal might be dead but that would mean no recovery too. Do you have a external sd in?

I tried both, keeping my external in and out, same result

lachfalte

Dec 28, 2013
I find it weird that you get the same issue on KK4. Have you tried it on a different pc?
Yes, i tried different battery charger, but it keeps on rebooting. :/ Coming from KK4 do i have to root the phone again or can i go ahead and flash a rom? (rom manager telling me it couldn't find superuser/device not rooted ) Maybe a new rom will help?

Last edited:

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Yes, i tried different battery charger, but it keeps on rebooting. :/ Coming from KK4 do i have to root the phone again or can i go ahead and flash a rom? (rom manager telling me it couldn't find superuser/device not rooted ) Maybe a new rom will help?

I doubt it will make a difference but you'll have to flash corn kernel using Odin. From there, follow the full rom instructions. there's also a flashing guide in the stickies.

lachfalte

Dec 28, 2013
I doubt it will make a difference but you'll have to flash corn kernel using Odin. From there, follow the full rom instructions. there's also a flashing guide in the stickies.

Flashing corn kernel 7.05 made me stuck at the corn logo screen, couldn't even get into cwm. Now i got back to kk4 with odin. Should i give it another shot or should i try superoneclick?

lachfalte

Dec 28, 2013
You don't have to use superoneclick.

I'd suggest you try speedmod kernel then and boot directly in recovery.

I was able to get into recovery with speedmod kernel, but a normal boot wasn't possible, just stucked at the galaxy s screen. After root and a full wipe, i couldn't flash a rom (cm11) due getting status 0 error.

lachfalte

Dec 28, 2013
Ok i flashed cm9 and this one is completely fine. No more usb issues also. I flashed cm11 and it seems fine. I hope it will stay that way. Thank you very much for caring.
I have one more question. One thing that is very frustrating is to lose all your customized data and settings with flashing. Since messing around with titanium lead me to this problem i want to know what's your favorite backup tool? Will a normal backup via recovery save ur apps and settings?

Last edited:

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Ok i flashed cm9 and this one is completely fine. No more usb issues also. I flashed cm11 and it seems fine. I hope it will stay that way. Thank you very much for caring.
I have one more question. One thing that is very frustrating is to lose all your customized data and settings with flashing. Since messing around with titanium lead me to this problem i want to know what's your favorite backup tool? Will a normal backup via recovery save ur apps and settings?

You can restore your apps data with titanium, just don't restore system apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashing corn kernel 7.05 made me stuck at the corn logo screen, couldn't even get into cwm. Now i got back to kk4 with odin. Should i give it another shot or should i try superoneclick?

You don't have to use superoneclick.

I'd suggest you try speedmod kernel then and boot directly in recovery.

You might have to try on another pc/laptop. You should be able to access them in recovery if you mount storage (sd).
    Flashing it again didn't solved the boot loop :(. I tried older cm11 versions but didn't worked either. What can i do?

Have you tried clean flashing? If it doesn't work, you'll most likely have to flash stock kk4 without bootloaders and start fresh from there.