Samsung Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

kponti

Jul 31, 2010
dtown
Is this what the vibrant should have been? Outside of the lower pixel count camera and the smaller (3.5") screen this phone looks like what the Vibrant should be now! Full use of ext4 from factory, gingerbread, etc etc

It already has everything else the Vibrant has, hummingbird processor and superamoled screen. Ok not completely sure if it is amoled or S-amoled, but is is 400x800 resolution though and looks pretty good

What do you guys think?

Reactions: eduardo santiago

ndwgs

Oct 8, 2010
Everywhere
@ Oka

The only way that the dual core would somewhat make a difference is if they up and ante the RAM capacity, to atleast 1gb. Dual cores screams RAM-hog-heavy apps to utilize the power of the dual core. But if it's limited, that's a problem.

I've been reading in the SGS II forums, and it's their biggest problem, the RAM capacity.

hydrantus

Jul 11, 2011
unable to unlock exhibit 4G

I bought this phone in USA and brought it to Europe. Unfortunately I found out, that I cannot unlock it. The gingerbreak is not working here, and when I wanted to pay for the unlock code (cellunlocker), they told me that the phone is not in their database yet. :(

marquise

Jan 9, 2011
san diego
Sgs2 has 1 gig of memory ...I would think it would be a gingerbread issue...because the os is super memory intensive

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

explodingboy70

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 20, 2010
Southwest Florida
I think that the state of the most recent GB builds with all the added features our biggest problem is lack of ram. Any upgrade at this point from the Vibrant would require 1GB of ram IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Jasonhunterx

Feb 17, 2011
Hartford
I think that the state of the most recent GB builds with all the added features our biggest problem is lack of ram. Any upgrade at this point from the Vibrant would require 1GB of ram IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

I think google will adress this problem cuz isnt ics suppose to work on old phones 2

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Visceral

Jul 12, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Must. Root.

Love my Exhibit 4g and I'm also looking for rooting information. Haven't found anything yet but if anyone has any news on the subject, please post it here as soon as you can.

Are.Two

Apr 1, 2011
Portland, OR
It would be awesome if some devs were to pick up this device. My brother just recently picked one up and I'd love to be able to root it for him.

weespeed

Jun 28, 2011
I came across a TMobile Exhibit that I thought was a regular Exhibit 4G that was just released.

From what I know the Exhibit 4G is supposed to come with gingerbread and when you boot it up it has the Exhibit 4G splash screen. Also comes in black or violet,

This one I have here is pearl White with a black racing stripe down the back. Also has something that looks like the Mini Cooper wing emblem around the back camera. In the about phone it has Model Number SGH-T759, firmware 2.2.1 and Build Number FROYO.UVKA2. When I boot it, the splash screen just says Exhibit and after has the Galaxy S splash screen.

I've looked everywhere on information on the device and have come up with nothing. Nothing on google nothing at the TMobile stores.

Anyone know anything about this device?

Thanks

Visceral

Jul 12, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
I came across a TMobile Exhibit that I thought was a regular Exhibit 4G that was just released.

From what I know the Exhibit 4G is supposed to come with gingerbread and when you boot it up it has the Exhibit 4G splash screen. Also comes in black or violet,

This one I have here is pearl White with a black racing stripe down the back. Also has something that looks like the Mini Cooper wing emblem around the back camera. In the about phone it has Model Number SGH-T759, firmware 2.2.1 and Build Number FROYO.UVKA2. When I boot it, the splash screen just says Exhibit and after has the Galaxy S splash screen.

I've looked everywhere on information on the device and have come up with nothing. Nothing on google nothing at the TMobile stores.

Anyone know anything about this device?

Thanks

Weird. Mines the black tmobile one with the following info:

SGH-T759
Firmware version 2.3.3
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UVKE8

The one you are talking about appears to be different. The firmware isn't even the same...

Where did you see/find it?

Last edited:

weespeed

Jun 28, 2011
Was brought to me by a friend. He found it and its a little beat. Cracked screen etc.
Its really weird. I'll take a screen shot of the about phone.
Its clearly running a build of froyo and it has a model number SGH-T759 and software 2.2.1
Also a weird thing is the case. Its pearl white with like a racing stripe down the back with Samsung and like i posted a wing emblem around the camera.
Looks like a mini cooper design.
Yeah been looking all over and nothing. So im curious to find out what exactly is this phone.
I tried calling the number on the sim but it was not inservice. Even went to t-mobile store. They were like we don't have that model.
I rooted it to see if i can get into it and see if i can find anything. And so far nothing.

Added pictures:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Visceral

Jul 12, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
That my friend, is weird. Not such model should exist that I know of. It almost looks like a proto-type promotional kind of thing.

My boot up has something different, with EXHIBIT and some smaller type about it being from T-mobile, etc. No Galaxy S stuff appears at all.

weespeed

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah,
I was thinking as much. I'm thinking it could have been a prototype or maybe the Exhibit was supposed to be released as a regular handset, then was scrapped for Exhibit 4G.
This could be a Gizmodo iPhone 4 situation but after the fact. LOL

Just wanted more info on it.

Also the Galaxy S splash screen really threw me off.

Visceral

Jul 12, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Well, the exhibit essentially is a Galaxy s with different features, etc. In a nutshell it's a modified Galaxy S so this would point to this phone being a prototype that got lost, etc. Does it have 4g capabilities?

Last edited:

weespeed

Jun 28, 2011
That makes a lot of sense.

Wonder if any of the ROMS for Galaxy S would work.

Would love to update this thing to Gingerbread, can't even find the stock Exhibit 4G roms to use.

Also can't even find glass to replace the cracked one.

Probably tell my friend to just hang on to it for a bit and I'm sure there will be more development for it.

Thanks

pudgybunnyBry

Jul 12, 2011
Portland
I find it exciting that an Exhibit 4G prototype somehow managed to get lost and photos turn up here. The Exhibit 4G is a nice device. The fact that it's essentially a modified Galaxy S (on a slight budget) was part of the reason I decided to pick up the phone for my first Android device.

Hopefully we will see some development for it very soon. I was hoping GingerBreak would be a success, but it hasn't yet. I'm definitely planning on donating as more developments come along.

David8894

Jul 26, 2010
Oakland
Woah, dude, you seriously gotta unleash this thing into the wild. I think your friend may have stumbled across a rare gem here... maybe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres something for the ADB newbs, it pushes the zergrush, SU and all that. One click :D I took the one for the amaze 4g, added the samsung zergrush File and it works GREAT. i just ran it on my Exhibit and its very newbie proof. Just Unzip. make sure your phones connected to the PC with the correct drivers and click the .bat file. does all the work for ya.

Be sure to hit thanks also.
    Congratulations everyone, the new zergRush update for Samsung phones released yesterday works on the Exhibit. I was able to successfully get root and install superuser. I now have permanent root on my Exhibit!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
    thanks! also if anyone has the factory files saved could you email them thanks again ppielert@gmail.com

I'll see what i can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Link for STOCK FILES below guys.I put it in zip format to keep the size down for upload lol.Extract it, then extract the tar file and you will get the factoryfs.rfs, recovery.bin and zimage.Hopefully this site doesn't get shut down by the feds :D.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2657243107/Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.zip
    I have rebooted several times and still have root.
    After pushing and running zergRush and getting root i remounted adb and ran the following commands

adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    adb install Superuser.apk

and my root has stuck just fine.
    Samsung released source codes

Few days ago I have noticed, that Samsung released source codes for Exhibit 4G.

As I bought this phone 3 weeks ago, and I am still unable to use it, I started wondering if I can build a new ROM without SIM lock.

I have never played with such thing before, so I would appreciate any hints. It took me couple of hours, but I successfully built a exhibit kernel and android OS with exhibit custom modules (exactly according to the readme.txt included with source codes).

Now I would like to flash them to my mobile, but I have to find out how to backup my current ROM... to be able to go back if anything goes wrong. I have searched, and found only instruction which required root access which we do not have.