[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][GT-5113] CleanRom v1.1 6/3/2012

Search This thread

tillithz

Sep 4, 2009
Oakland
Another logo boot cycle problem here. Fresh Tab2 10.1 (new last night). I rooted using the forum guide this morning. I then followed the steps for this ROM. No error message during the process but I got stuck in an endless boot loop. I was able to restore using android backup. Would love to flash this Rom, but can't get past the boot loop

did you try the kernel? I havent (per the suggestion earlier) but will hold off a bit longer i think. ty

fmjnax

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, I tried both v3 and v4 of the blamesamsung kernel. I get a status 7 error when I try to apply it so I dont know if that fixes it or not. I'm shifting efforts to getting blamesamsung installed and then I will revisit this

fmjnax

Sep 26, 2008
Ok, my problem with the kernel was a bad/old/incorrect version of CWM. Once I got the correct CWM flashed, the kernel flashed just fine. I was then able to flash CleanRom and it cleared the boot loop problem. I'm now setting everything up and we'll see how it goes. So far, so good.

*edit*
Ok, everything worked just fine; flashing wise. However, once I got everything up and running, it seemed quite laggy and slow; there were some apps I couldn't even use due to the lag (but they worked fine on the stock ROM). I also got a system update message [from Samsung?]. I didn't go through with the update as I am going to try a few other ROM's first. If I decide to come back to this ROM, I will see what the update is all about and see if I can get the response to be a bit snappier like I was hoping/expecting.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Proudly Present the first Custom Rom available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113)

What is this you ask:
    This is a slightly modified version of the most current stock ROM available for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113).

Notice for CleanRom v1.0 users:
    The update instructions are below the installation instructions. Updating to the newest version will NOT remove any of your settings or data as long as you do not Wipe Data / Factory Reset.

Changlog:
    Code:
    Version 1.1:

1. Moved Dropbox to Data so it can be removed
    2. Removed SuperSU and added Superuser to resolve some issues.
    3. Added download containing removed apk files (See details below)

Features so far:
    -Stock, Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned
    -Removed a bunch of bloat applications
    -Removed crap bookmarks

That's about it.

Pre-requisites:
    1. You must have the custom recovery installed from the Rooting thread. (If you are going to install this you do not have to install the root zip file, this rom is already rooted.)

Installation Instructions: (Update instructions below)
    1. Download to external sdcard
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Make a nandroid backup Highly Recommended
    4. Data Wipe/Factory Reset REQUIRED for new installations
    5. Flash Rom
    6. Reboot and enjoy

Update Instructions:
    1. Download the latest version to your external sdcard
    2. Reboot to recovery
    2a. Looks like you may need to wipe data (Some people are reporting issues with Wifi if they do not wipe data.)
    3. Flash Rom
    4. Reboot and enjoy

Flashing the rom on my device takes about 1.5 minutes or less, but the first boot will take about 2.5 minutes, and then another 30 seconds or so to format the applications. After the first boot it will boot up much faster.

Further Information:
    Since this is basically a very minimally modified version of the stock Rom there is no need to post screenshots.

Removed Apps:
    Below in the download section you will find a zip file containing all of the apk files that have been removed from stock during the process of building this Rom. Some of them will allow you to simply install, but other will require a little more effort:

To install apks manually that will not install themselves you will have to do the following:
    1. Move the apk file to the /system/app/ folder with a root enabled file explorer
    2. Reboot you tablet.

Download Links:

Version 1.1 (Current release)

Dropbox Download v1.1

Google Drive Download v1.1

MD5: 530ba66c73a052a486f2e28a3d725a7c

Removed Apps download:

Removes Apps (Dropbox Link)

Removed Apps (Google Drive link)

MD5: ed75336fb4693b1c7361a9fa1a85d0a1

Version 1.0:
    Dropbox link: Download v1.0

Google Drive link: Download v1.0

MD5: fff31853881ba6d7c6a91c5a013fdb23

Let me know if you have any issues with Google Drive, and I can look into hosting it somewhere else also.

Special Thanks to:
    martijn.vanpoorten For providing faster Dropbox hosting for this Rom!
    Clean ROM test results

Before you install the Clean ROM v1.0, know the following:

1. You MUST do a factory/reset in CWM5 (the CWM you install from my OP)
    2. Factory Reset will NOT delete EVERYTHING on your external SD card
    3. Installing Clean ROM V1.0 will NOT damage your CWM5.
    4. I personally tested the Clean ROM V1.0 today. Runs smooth and it has some of the "bloatware" that can't be removed from the standard stock ROM. I detected an ever-so-slight improvement in smoothness & speed.
    5. This ROM has NOT been tested on ANY Tab2 other than GT-P5113 at this time.

Bottom Line: We have our first SAFE custom ROM for the Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113.
    Thank you sgrant !

Glenn :)
    Saved in case I need in the future!
    Thanks sgrant. I hadn't thought of that as an option, but that actually works out much better. I appreciate the great effort! Keep it up! :)

One more suggestion - could you include md5's for your downloads? I always like to make sure I haven't received a bad download. This isn't an emergency by any means, but it is always better safe then sorry.

-- Zeustopher

MD5 sums added to the first page. I should have thought to add them, slipped my mind I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Quick question - what bloat applications did you actually remove? There are a few of the Samsung ones I actually use and want to make sure I know which ones are removed so I can make backups of them with Titanium Backup first.

I'm getting ready to take the plunge and root my device. I'm so excited to start seeing a few roms popping up.

Thanks guys!

-- Zeustopher

Rather than having users worry about backing up apps I am uploading a zip file with all of the removed apps inside it.

Thank you for the feedback!