Stuck on firmware upgrade encountered an issue restore

Search This thread

demon09

Mar 29, 2014
Please help!!! I tried rooting my device using this link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...utmctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=1390275
and after clicking start in odin, the progress bar stopped moving halfway through. I didn't know what to do so i shut down my phone and when i started it back up, i got the message: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again.
Now im stuck on this screen but i can still go into downloading mode.
I am using t-mobile and my phone model is SM-900. I think the problem was because i used the wrong file in odin. Rather than using:SM-N900 (International Exynos) i used SM-N900T (T-Mobile US). Anyway to fix this or am i screwed?Please help.

Last edited:
X

x102x96x

Please help!!! I tried rooting my device using this link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...utmctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=1390275
and after clicking start in odin, the progress bar stopped moving halfway through. I didn't know what to do so i shut down my phone and when i started it back up, i got the message: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again.
Now im stuck on this screen but i can still go into downloading mode.
I am using t-mobile and my phone model is SM-900. I think the problem was because i used the wrong file in odin. Rather than using:SM-N900 (International Exynos) i used SM-N900T (T-Mobile US). Anyway to fix this or am i screwed?Please help.

so go to download mode and flash correct file.
ur phone soft-bricked.
:good:

demon09

Mar 29, 2014
And how do i do that?Sorry if its a dumb question. I have no experience in this.

Last edited:

demon09

Mar 29, 2014
OMG TY IT WORKED.TYVM. Now that i'm rooted, will i have to remove root everytime i want to update my phone?If so, will i have to delete everything on my phone to remove root??