[App] [Apr-26-09] WM6.5 Plug-in Installer

Search This thread

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
Started a online flash tool to help skinners and developers to create the CPR/CPL file.
image1xen.jpg

Will do further developent during the week to create the full working CPL from scratch and even a .REG based on the editor settings. :)

Any feedback/ideas use this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=520857

flaviopac

Jan 10, 2008
Help me doing a cab of a Wm 6.5 plugin...

My target is to build a cab of a Wm 6.5 plugin I develpted:

1) Using this tool: QuickCab 2.0; I built the cab, with all the reg keys, folders and stuffs I need.

2) in the cab I should insert "AppStar Titanium Plug-in Installer" too (the one I found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=509492 )

3) The PLG file must be in the cab too, and I need to edit it as some examples suggest...

If I don't miss anything, it should work, RIGHT?

Thanks in advance for any help... :rolleyes:

rpereira

Feb 10, 2007
Panama
Finally was able to install a plugin made by this installer...
Almost all my *.cpr files were read-only, so the plugin wasnt able to save them and kept giving me the "AtpluginInstaller.exe" error.

Changed them to non read-only with Resco Explorer and all worked fine. :)

I have a permanent fix for this, let me know and i'll hook you up with a custom setup.dll that will launch a custom.exe, that will launch mortscripts that change the .cpr file attributes before launching ATPluginInstaller.exe . really works like a charm.

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
Can I get a little help? I have made a version of the Opera favorites for WQVGA. I can get the code in the .cpr and it shows in the list of plugins in CHome Editor but there is no actual plugin on the screen. The registry settings work also.

Removed the cab so people don't download the broken one.

Last edited:

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
Wanted to say thanks to megapinky for showing me what was wrong with my Opera. Thank you. :)

flaviopac

Jan 10, 2008
Can I get a little help? I have made a version of the Opera favorites for WQVGA. I can get the code in the .cpr and it shows in the list of plugins in CHome Editor but there is no actual plugin on the screen. The registry settings work also.

I have the same problem...
It seems the cab installation doesn't edit the default titanium plg to include the new plugin... :(:(

I think I miss something with CESetupDLL.dll...
Can someone provide some help? :(:eek:

MichelDiamond

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 6, 2009
You can download the expanded ATPluginInstaller - which now has the name "TICS_installer" under http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=564884 (Beta2 works stable for the Themes / Plugins according to the Feedbacks I've got)

You have only to change from ATPluginInstaller.exe to TICS_installer.exe and use the there attached "setup.dll" instead of CESetupDLL.dll

The call of the Installer is no more in setup itself (because of the expansions impossible) - ut it's easy - only add two mortscripts "install.mscr" and "uninstall.mscr" to your Main Plugin Directory - where you now can call, what you want - will be called by the new setup.dll while installing/uninstalling cab.

It's easy to change - but then each .plg can be installed in each .cpr / Theme - and a lot of more options, too.

Thanx 2 Appstar for this concept!

Micha

helix111

Apr 9, 2009
ATPlugininstaller keeps on crashing...

I have an interesting problem.

I installed chome editor v1.6 on my wm6.5 device.

At first it was working fine, and I created 2 plugins using it.

THEN, I decided to add the "day of the week" to the clock panel, by placing code directly in the titanium.cpr files.

Well, the weekday was added successfully, BUT now, I CAN'T use chome editor to create new panels, and I CAN'T install any plugin that uses the ATinstaller.

Whenever I try to do either, I get:

"An unexpected error occurred in ATplugininstaller

ATplugininstaller.exe unauthorized access exception
At System.IO._Error.WinIO error()
At System.IO.FileStream..ctor
At System.IO.FileStream..ctor
At System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor
At System.Xml.XmlDOMTextWriter..ctor
At System.Xml.Xmldocument.save
At ATPlugininstaller.Main.AddLayout to cpr()
At ATPlugininstaller.Main.Main ()

As I said, I get this same message when I try to create a new panel or add any cabs that require the plugin.

However, the panels I already created and the plugins I already installed still work fine.

My question is, why? My manually adding the code into the cpr files to show "day of the week" on the cclock panel is no different than the entries the installer makes when I install a plugin, or create one using Chome editor.

I know, I've looked thru the cpr file content. So, why does the installer crash AFTER I add the code for "day of the week" to the cpr files?

Can someone please help? Thanks.