[Q] ODIN Failed @ Recovery.BIN

Search This thread

mcdeeandhisepic

May 21, 2011
Akron
I was able to resolve, my post from 10 JAN should help. I need to edit the original posting with a solution at some point, I'll try later today.

Either way, here is the relevant part:

So, if you follow that recovery process strictly do this:

1. Flash DK28 Modem.bin using the "Phone" on Odin. <- I don't know how necessary this step is as I've not reproduced the problem since. Really doesn't hurt to do it, but I don't know that its needed. I'd be interested to know if you just did steps 2 and 3 if you were able to recover your device.

2. Put the device back into Download mode. In Odin, check "Re-Partition" and flash a .PIT only (I used the Victory pit). This should reboot the device.

3. Stop the reboot (battery pull at the Samsung screen). In Odin, put the DK28 modem.bin in the "PDA" section and flash. The device should flash, reboot and be recovered.

HTH!
Jason

eeeak i wouldnt play with ofin that much unless your 120% sure that what your checking does that is why you ONLY use the reboot UNCHeck the rest> but then again its ur tronic you make the choises with it jusy becarful

-Enkidu-

Jan 2, 2008
Austin
Okay, looks like I got it. Here's what I did:

I redownloaded DI18 and DK28. I removed .MD5 from both. Flashed (no PIT) and got the same error.

I downloaded the victory PIT, flashed with either DI18 or DK28 and received the same error.

I downloaded a DK28 Modem.bin, flashed from "Phone", received a pass then a reboot. I still hadn't recovered the device, though.

I then checked "Re-Partition" and Flashed the Victory PIT ONLY. This was successful and rebooted the device. I stopped the boot and put the device back to download mode. I flashed DK28 with no PIT and viola! Device took, rebooted and was back to normal.

Thanks all for the help!

I'm curious what the problem was; seems like it was a corrupted FS and re-partitioning fixed it. Too bad there's not an easy way to troubleshoot that. Wonder if re-partitioning directions should be added to the Wiki?

Again, thanks!

Thanks! Saved me some headache.

Luffy5562

Jan 22, 2016
Recovery Fail

<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-a3ulte-a3ultexx-sma300fu.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Removed!!
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Why do I always get these entries?
Can someone please help me, I'm new to rooting android.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You might need to check the "Re-Partition" check box. I'e gotten similar failures in teh past and pretty much every time I checked that box, the flash succeeded.
    Okay, looks like I got it. Here's what I did:

I redownloaded DI18 and DK28. I removed .MD5 from both. Flashed (no PIT) and got the same error.

I downloaded the victory PIT, flashed with either DI18 or DK28 and received the same error.

I downloaded a DK28 Modem.bin, flashed from "Phone", received a pass then a reboot. I still hadn't recovered the device, though.

I then checked "Re-Partition" and Flashed the Victory PIT ONLY. This was successful and rebooted the device. I stopped the boot and put the device back to download mode. I flashed DK28 with no PIT and viola! Device took, rebooted and was back to normal.

Thanks all for the help!

I'm curious what the problem was; seems like it was a corrupted FS and re-partitioning fixed it. Too bad there's not an easy way to troubleshoot that. Wonder if re-partitioning directions should be added to the Wiki?

Again, thanks!