Fix WP7 HD2 Battery Indicator Level

Search This thread

wwwhacktry

Feb 3, 2008
Hmm, if really 4 days I will be back on win 7 tomorrow.
Somehow, I think not...

Sent from my HD2 using the power of Jelly Bean

the proof ... here you go ;) but I have to admit, I was wrong. It didn't last for 4 days, it lasted for 5!

20130306_130412_(1).jpg

LuSiD7

Feb 17, 2013
Athens
So far so good! The battery indicator seems more logical now.

Maybe a solution was found to the battery problem? That would be great news for the HD2 owners!

I will post back with more details after I run further tests.

Reactions: farafr

LuSiD7

Feb 17, 2013
Athens
Thx for your answer! Indeed it seems to take several days. I switched back to my old battery and now it looks like the battery life time did improve quite well. Almost 4 days with the old battery. Lets see how long the new one will last :)

With what kind of usage do you get such long times? Wifi, browsing, location, data, 3G or 2G? With battery trick or not?
Your battery is new?

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

For me the trick seems to work at first but after it reaches below 40%, the drainage seems more aggressive (or at least the meter shows that). Weird.
Testing further and posting back.

Reactions: farafr

wwwhacktry

Feb 3, 2008
With what kind of usage do you get such long times? Wifi, browsing, location, data, 3G or 2G? With battery trick or not?
Your battery is new?

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

For me the trick seems to work at first but after it reaches below 40%, the drainage seems more aggressive (or at least the meter shows that). Weird.
Testing further and posting back.

Hey!

After almost two months (still with my old battery - because I keep the new one as a spare) I've made the following experiences:

The battery is lasting for at least 2 days with normal usage.
  • I turn wifi and 3G on only when needed.
  • Sometimes I leave 2G turned on, but not very often.
  • "Call time" about 1-2 hours per day.
  • I'm texting quite a lot.
  • I'm using the camera trick, so every time I reboot it I start the camera, switch to video and wait for some seconds. Once I forgot to do so, the battery drain was instantly noticeable.

My actual average is about 2-3 days. I reached 5 days (as seen on the screenshot) with the new battery without using any kind of internet connection (maybe once for a really short time). So I guess 3-4 days are realistic with the new one and normal usage.

This week I spend a lot of time at the airport and on the plane, so I used my phone as mp3 player. Play time was about 4-6 hours, and at the end of the day I had about 30-40% left.

Notice: As you've maybe seen I had quite a big problem after applying the registry tweak. My phone was totally "confused" after that. I had problems for days. I'm not sure if the tweak really helped. First after using the camera trick everything was improving. I really can recommend it.

Regards!

sancho55

Oct 22, 2010
On my HD2 with Pda's ROM no. I tested it yesterday and now is booting up to the battery indicator and then restart.(over and over) :( (on ansar's V3 it works, but that is 8858)

Something is wrong with your ROM , it worked just fine for me on Pda's latest one. Thing is , battery didnt last long for me anyway on WP7 :<

c3cilka

Jan 2, 2009
Interesting, i flashed Pda's the last one 3 day ago - so, fresh install, default set...

Anyway, it happend to me - i must reflash.

Neolo

Jan 19, 2010
This method is helpless. Right after full charge, indicator drops to 90% and counts down from this value during all battery lifetime (3 days in my case).

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
i remember leaving 3G on (data off) saves more battery than 2G on (data off)

i dont have data on my WP7 phone, so i remember seeing that

also, camera > video > focus > home is better

is this registry confirmed to work?

radio 2.15 and softradio 5.51

Reactions: BraaKwaku

dohcvtec

Nov 2, 2011
Massachusetts
Hey guys..Ok for those that didn't work here is a hint..

Note: Charge your battery until the green light shows up!!!!!
To give you to understand..11 value means that the battery is fully charged...10 value means that battery at 90%, 6 value for 60-70%...I think!

Anyway, if it shows 11 then your icon will be at maximum battery right???
So go edit the value to 3 or 4...Now you will see that the battery shows about 40%;;;; Now again edit the value to 10/OK (battery shows full), 20/OK, 80/OK,(80 will lock the value imo)
restart! Charge again, report here! ;)

Again note that the value is dynamic and changes to default after the tweak but in some strange reasons this tweak works!

I charged mine today; finished @ 2 o clock full battery...now it's 24:30 and i have about 70%..Will post again my stats tomorrow when i go to work!

Did exactly that, step by step. Now charging, after testing and will report back!

edit: My battery is much better and stable than before. Not necessary to charge it as much as before, also charging faster!

editt: Is that one time operation or we have to do it permanatly? I'm asking because now when I put my phone to charge it was charging like before. Checked the percentage 81%. Did a restart - 99%. Also after that the phone restarted itself. Ideas?

Last edited:

dohcvtec

Nov 2, 2011
Massachusetts
Battery

Hello everyone,

Weird thing happened. Just came home, took the phone, went to settings>battery saver and the battery was 43%. Plugged it in to charge, it showed 23%. Restarted the phone - 53%. Any idea about that?!!? Thanks!

Maksymilian777

May 21, 2013
Battery,battery indicator

Can someone write step by step how to do this, please? Because I've done this few times and nothing happened. I think this is the reason the battery is so weak, because I used every options. Actually I have radio 5.51/2.15 and is better,but it is impossible for my battery to last more than 24h (maximum battery saving)..

XwpisONOMA

Jan 2, 2011
Not really working for me!?!

I know this is quite some time after the OP and almost a year later than LP but I've recently installed the latest Dynamic ROM by HD2Owner and started having issues with my battery (erratic % readings, poor performance) so looked for ...remedies, found this, tried it BUT have not seen any positive or negative changes. Actually the first time I did this trick, during reboot I did not remove the external power cable and the phone restarted into a green screen, it was operational behind that, could hear sound etc, but no screen just a green background. Luckily removing the power cable and rebooting returned the phone to normal.

So ... back to square one!

Q1) Can someone or perhaps the OP clearly document in the EXACT proper order the required steps for this procedure? It appears that each one of us will invariably add/change/modify the original instructions at will.

Q2) Is this i) a way to fix how the OS calculates and displays battery levels, ii) a way to improve battery life or iii) BOTH ?

Q3) Also, where are these numbers coming from and why? I mean, why 4 and not 3 or 5, why 20 and not 19 or 25, why 80 and not 100 or 150? It just does not make sense, are these numbers arbitrary or not, it looks as if there are varying results from different users.

Please do not misunderstand my motives, I really appreciate what is going on here, but it appears as if we are shooting in the dark without any concrete evidence that this registry mod is working, on the contrary some are reporting undesirable results. I am coming from an IT/engineering background and you just don't try things hoping it just works, there's got to be a reason behind.

Thank you! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys i have found a way to fix battery indicator to show the battery level as it should be...
    1) First of all charge your phone
    2) After that go to registry editor on your phone and go to
    Code:
    [B]Local machine/system/state/batteryux/MainIntervalIndex[/B]
    and change the value from 6 (or any value it shows there) to 20...now press OK! You wil see that the battery level on top has been changed!
    Now again edit it and go from 20 to 80 and press OK
    RESTART YOUR PHONE AND THEN CHARGE IT!
    Now you will see that the battery level has changed and shows the battery level like it should be...
    Until now it seems like its working... Will leave it unti later to see if the battery will continue to show the correct level...
    Try it and tell me your thoughts!
    You can find the registry editor attached.

DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK..MESSING WITH REGISTRY IS DANGEROUS! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE!

Find more registry tweaks here:
    Code:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=907971"]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=907971[/URL]
    Confirm me this is working.
    and i post it in WP7 registry thread.
    Thanks

i've just apply it i don't know yet if this work.
    I am puzzled...my phone's led turns green, next I unplug it, open reg editor, my value is @ 11. Next I change it to 20, confirm OK (no change on batt indicator btw), then change it to 80 and restart. Cell boots up with full batt indicator. I plug it in, it's charging for couple mins, and again hits green light. When I view the registry key, value is back on 11 :confused:.
    Any suggestion or correction regarding my description would be appreciated;)

Good Question mate! As i said the value is dynamic and it can change to anything!
    This is weird though cause when i made the tweak and checked back in registry my value were 6 again! But....no battery drainage after that! I don't know why but still my phone's juice is above the middle! (which is logical because i fully charged my HD2) So make the tweak, test it a couple of hours,check if the battery "drainage" it's logical and report here! :cool:

I Confirm that this is working real nicely!:D
    Ok after some tests it seems like the value changed by its self... From 10 to 5 and level shows less than the middle.. I tried to change it to 80.. Will test more until i find the correct one
    It doesn't work for me :(

Can u post a screenshot to see how it looks like?

Ok here is the thing:
    1)charge your phone until the green light shows up
    2)unplug it from A/C and open registry editor
    3)go to the reg path
    4)edit the value from 6 to 20...press ok..Now you will see the battery indicator level has been changed! Again go and edit the value and from 20 go to 80..press ok! Restart and enjoy!

To see that this is working.. go and edit the value and put number 4 or 2! The indicator will show you that you have 40%-50%..
    So if you edit it again and follow the instructions you will see that the battery level will now show 80%-90% which is correct because you charged your phone before!

I can't see any " virtual battery drainage" anymore because the indicator now shows the correct batt level! :rolleyes::D

Tell me your results!