HTC One vs Evo LTE: LTE signals

Search This thread

AarSyl

I have had several phone replacements, and I am currently eligible an upgrade. I am considering between the One and the S4. So I just want to know, is the LTE signal for the One better than the Evo? For those of you who still have your Evo, can you post screenshots of the Signal difference the two using the app SignalCheck Lite (or a similar app)?

I really, really prefer Sense, but the LTE signal for the Evo was very disappointing. Also, knowing that the S4 will support Sprint Spark, it is now an option in my mind. Granted, Sense 5 takes precedence, because I don't like TouchWiz, and I don't really want to use AOSP every time I use my phone.

I didn't see another related thread, as I am discerning when posting new threads, especially when posting in the forum of a device that I don't own...yet.

Thoughts, comments?

raptoro07

Apr 19, 2006
High Point, NC, USA
I have had several phone replacements, and I am currently eligible an upgrade. I am considering between the One and the S4. So I just want to know, is the LTE signal for the One better than the Evo? For those of you who still have your Evo, can you post screenshots of the Signal difference the two using the app SignalCheck Lite (or a similar app)?

I really, really prefer Sense, but the LTE signal for the Evo was very disappointing. Also, knowing that the S4 will support Sprint Spark, it is now an option in my mind. Granted, Sense 5 takes precedence, because I don't like TouchWiz, and I don't really want to use AOSP every time I use my phone.

I didn't see another related thread, as I am discerning when posting new threads, especially when posting in the forum of a device that I don't own...yet.

Thoughts, comments?

If you like Sense and want Spark. Get a One Max. Also, only the newest model S4s get spark. The older model is not triband capable. I keep very good LTE nearly everywhere now especially since the update to Kit Kat.

Reactions: AarSyl

Docarut

Nov 13, 2010
I'm not exactly sold on the One Max as yet...and the upgrade price is more than the S4 and One combined.

I have not checked the sprint nexus 5 forums to see how that phone is faring but it also supports spark. You can buy from Sprint or directly from Google store and it will activate on Sprint. Just mentioning the phone but do not have opinion myself.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_16GB_Black?id=nexus_5_black_16gb&hl=en

I believe 16GB is $349 and 32GB is $399.

regalpimpin

Jun 21, 2010
I would wait for the m8 to be released. But I came from the evo lte and the One definitely holds its lte better. That was my major gripe with the evo lte.
The Mrs has a note 2 and I see her phone switching back n forth between 3g and 4g much more often then my One.

AarSyl

I have not checked the sprint nexus 5 forums to see how that phone is faring but it also supports spark. You can buy from Sprint or directly from Google store and it will activate on Sprint. Just mentioning the phone but do not have opinion myself.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_16GB_Black?id=nexus_5_black_16gb&hl=en

I believe 16GB is $349 and 32GB is $399.

It I'm going to pay that much, then I'll upgrade to the One Max for less money.

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel

Docarut

Nov 13, 2010
It I'm going to pay that much, then I'll upgrade to the One Max for less money.

I understand. Was just throwing that out there. It is not an upgrade, you will not extend contract. Plus you want Sense and this one would be pure Android since it is Google.

Best of luck with whatever you do. I am happy with the HTC One and do not know what it will take to pry this out of my old, cold hands....

AarSyl

I am happy with the HTC One and do not know what it will take to pry this out of my old, cold hands....

A free HTC One 2 will. :) Anyway, thanks for the response. My phone is beginning to fail me, and I do not think that I can wait for the new One to be announced (not released, mind you) in March. I'm pretty sure that I'm not getting it anyway.

And since this is my phone, and not to be shared, I don't think that I'm ready for Samsung.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thoughts, comments?

If you like Sense and want Spark. Get a One Max. Also, only the newest model S4s get spark. The older model is not triband capable. I keep very good LTE nearly everywhere now especially since the update to Kit Kat.