Attention any needy dev....

Search This thread

grhand82

May 23, 2011
I have a scratched up Wildfire S that I am willing to donate for someone to figure out how to get s-off without a clip. PM if your intereseted. I'll even ship.

You MUST show proof that you are compitent to try this and not just wanting the phone. US shipping only. Anyone else out there that wants it if a dev isn't interested I'll trade it for a Best Buy gift card valued at $50 and its yours.

I am not trying to sell this (thats what the Marketplace is for...) but I don't want someone triksy just trying to grab a free phone. If you know someone who is working on this, PM and I'll see if they want it.

PM though, would really like to donate this to the "Cause."

L8r,

imlgl

Aug 15, 2010
Norfolk
You are best off contacting Alpharevx team and asking them if they would be willing to work on it. They are the only team dedicated to unlocking the new phones with S-on security.

SERGI.3210

Feb 13, 2011
Campanar, Valencia
but unlock it via xtc clip in a shop is not a very big problem...
i´ve unlocked the WFS of my wife with 10€... in a mobile shop..
maybe i´m mistaken but alpharevx reussed to do it... ;)

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
I have a scratched up Wildfire S that I am willing to donate for someone to figure out how to get s-off without a clip. PM if your intereseted. I'll even ship.

You MUST show proof that you are compitent to try this and not just wanting the phone. US shipping only. Anyone else out there that wants it if a dev isn't interested I'll trade it for a Best Buy gift card valued at $50 and its yours.

I am not trying to sell this (thats what the Marketplace is for...) but I don't want someone triksy just trying to grab a free phone. If you know someone who is working on this, PM and I'll see if they want it.

PM though, would really like to donate this to the "Cause."

L8r,
If you unlock it yourself with XTC clip and then maybe donate it to an established developer on this forum so they can join in the development of CM7, MIUI etc.

imlgl

Aug 15, 2010
Norfolk
He want's to donate it locked so that someone could work on cracking the S-on issue. If this issue is sorted then the floodgates are open to everybody, not just one guy that can work on ROMS for a small amount of people.

Reactions: *se-nsei.

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
He want's to donate it locked so that someone could work on cracking the S-on issue. If this issue is sorted then the floodgates are open to everybody, not just one guy that can work on ROMS for a small amount of people.

true... I guess. But if AlpharevX couldn't do it..

damn you HTCdev. :p

jikantaru

Jun 20, 2011
Maybe HTC put a special lock on the wildfire s that hackers couldn't unlock it. Or wildfire s is a special cases phone that even devs couldn't see it like it never existed. o_O

EDIT: there fumble is that they don't have this phone that's why they do not care about it. Also ROM Manager wildfire s in not in the list.

Last edited:

imlgl

Aug 15, 2010
Norfolk
Maybe HTC put a special lock on the wildfire s that hackers couldn't unlock it. Or wildfire s is a special cases phone that even devs couldn't see it like it never existed. o_O

EDIT: there fumble is that they don't have this phone that's why they do not care about it. Also ROM Manager wildfire s in not in the list.

Old hardware and other stuff, that's why Alpharev couldn't unlock it.

meanmug

Nov 10, 2008
Sector 7
This made me feel a lil better about our device http:// xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18343570&postcount=12
I think the people at HTC know how great this phone is and could be, and don't want it to over shadow their new devices coming out. I don't see the upgrade coming any time this year being so close to the major shopping holidays.
1 more thing, wouldn't it be special if the upgrade came with root access, I mean why just unlock boot loader. They say the reason their not locking boot loaders anymore is for development purposes.

Last edited:
H

Henry_1

that's their standard answer. already seen it elsewhere. don't expect too much.

eoghan2t7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Just pmed the op I think I'm might have found something just hope the op still has the phone and accepts to post it to northern Ireland if anyone else is willing to donate a wfs please sent me a pm I will return your handset once I'm finished.

Sent from my GT540 using xda premium

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
This made me feel a lil better about our device http:// xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18343570&postcount=12
I think the people at HTC know how great this phone is and could be, and don't want it to over shadow their new devices coming out. I don't see the upgrade coming any time this year being so close to the major shopping holidays.
1 more thing, wouldn't it be special if the upgrade came with root access, I mean why just unlock boot loader. They say the reason their not locking boot loaders anymore is for development purposes.

Made me feel a little better too. But, i don't think they will unlock the bootloader. If they really wanted to, they would've done it AGES ago. Get my point?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.