Chainfire GUIDE

Search This thread

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
Since many people here in G3 forum, wonder how to make Chaifire3D run on their G3, I found it a good idea to start a thread about it :D

The first things you need to know about chainfire is that this app was designed for devices with a Clockspeed of more than 1Ghz so for experience the Chainfire effects you need to Overclock your G3 to 1Ghz or more :p
Chainfire is for ROOTED phones only

How to setup Chainfire:

Download chaifire
Free version
https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d
Pro version
https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d.pro

I recomend the Pro version because there are more advanced options avallable (like per-app openGL settings)

To get Chainfire fully working, you need to install the plugins (since I'm not alowed to post URL's to warez just Google them and you'll find them)
These files are named:
libGLEMU_NVIDIA.so
libGLEMU_POWERVR.so
libGLEMU_QUALCOMM.so

After downloading all the needed files put them on the root of your SD

STEP 1
Open Chainfire

STEP 2
Click install CF3D driver -> Your phone will reboot

STEP 3
Click "install plugins" your phone will search to the plugin files you've put on the root of your SD card just click the files and install them.

STEP 4
I recommend to reboot your phone now

STEP 5
Start Chainfire again and go to Default openGL settings (for those who have the Pro-version i recommend to go to Per-app openGL settings so the effects will only be used for a certain app)

STEP 6
Click on the option "Use Plugin" the plugin that worked the best for me was the QUALCOMM so i recommend that one :)

STEP 7
Select the option reduce texture size (in some games this removed the gray textures and show the colored textures with reduced size)

STEP 8
Enjoy playing new games on your G3 :p

THE GAMES THAT WORKED FOR ME BY USING CHAINFIRE:
Need for speed,asphalt 5, raging thunder etc.
games in fpse like Tekken 3, Gran turismo 2

If you know a game that can be added to this list feel free to post :D

EDIT: SINCE MY SU BINAIRIES ARE UPDATED CHAIFIRE HAS STOPPED WORKING I'M CURRENTLY WAITING FOR A PM FROM CHAINFIRE SO SCREENSHOTS ETC WILL HAVE TO WAIT
I'M SORRY

EDIT: THANKS TO USER NZtechfreak WITH THE FIX FOR THE SU BINARIES CHAINFIRE WORKS ON EVERY ROM :p
Please leave a thanks on his post :p

FYI version 2.8 was the one that worked the best on our phone DONT POST ANY WAREZ PLEAS

Last edited:

vivekmishra

Jan 19, 2011
Jhansi, Lucknow, Gonda
Thanks a lot! Mate!! :)
I haven't read all of it for now but I certainly needed it.
Thanks again for your hard labour.
Look I used the button too ;)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
Thanks a lot! Mate!! :)
I haven't read all of it for now but I certainly needed it.
Thanks again for your hard labour.
Look I used the button too ;)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

I was looking for this to a time ago but couldn't find a guide on how to install this so after some experimenting this was my way to get Chainfire working on my G3 :p

And "hard labour" don't exaggerate :D
experimenting with my G3 = fun :D
btw thanks for thanking ;)

sohail77

Oct 15, 2011
Can u pm me the link of the games which u mentioned above

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA Premium App

nsdj

Feb 9, 2010
maybe you can u post some screenshots to make things more understandable for some people?

thanks

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
Can u pm me the link of the games which u mentioned above

The need for speed was a modded version for the X8 i think don't know the link anymore will search for it :)
The PlayStation games for fpse (tekken and grand turismo) I ripped them myself from my old PlayStation games but there will be somewhere a site with iso's from those games i think :)

EDIT: I've searched for this more then a quarter of an hour but couldn't find a good link for the modded version...sorry

Last edited:

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
maybe you can u post some screenshots to make things more understandable for some people?

thanks

Good idea :)
Will do it ASAP :D

EDIT: If you read post 9 of this thread you'll see that posting screenshots will be difficult...
I'm gonna flash indroid 5.2 here CF3D was working verry well and try an old version from Chainfire...

Last edited:
Reactions: nsdj

shubhamvadhera

Jul 8, 2011
Chainfire 3d has stopped working on my device... It happened when i was using kyrillos rom v 6.0 and one day super user and binary got updated automatically from market... from then whenever i open chainfire 3d, it just opens and closes within micro seconds.. now today i flashed with rom v 8.1, went to market and installed chainfire 3d... it opened... but then i installed CF3D driver -> the phone reboots and then... again same problem... do you know why is this happening ???

Pls help i need chainfire 3d very much

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
Chainfire 3d has stopped working on my device... It happened when i was using kyrillos rom v 6.0 and one day super user and binary got updated automatically from market... from then whenever i open chainfire 3d, it just opens and closes within micro seconds.. now today i flashed with rom v 8.1, went to market and installed chainfire 3d... it opened... but then i installed CF3D driver -> the phone reboots and then... again same problem... do you know why is this happening ???

The first time I installed Chainfire I made a backup from this app because it was working perfect and I knew that the app was still in development stage and would propably change since its for high-end devices(my pc is full of apps from different versions :D)
i forced to don't install any updates automatically etc so I'm currently using version 2.8 an it works perfectly so search for this version :)

EDIT:
DAMN I just tried it myself and it closes indeed without any reason!?
The reason why its closing in seconds I honestly cant tell...
So we've to ask Chainfire (the XDA member who developed this app) for more info...

EDIT: NOW I CANT GO BACK TO MY PREVIOUS CF3D!?
owkey its time to ask Chainfire now!!

Last edited:

koko008

Aug 31, 2011

Yeah, same problem here... :S I've reported already somewhere else, no answer, yet...

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11

sohail77

Oct 15, 2011
The need for speed was a modded version for the X8 i think don't know the link anymore will search for it :)
The PlayStation games for fpse (tekken and grand turismo) I ripped them myself from my old PlayStation games but there will be somewhere a site with iso's from those games i think :)

EDIT: I've searched for this more then a quarter of an hour but couldn't find a good link for the modded version...sorry

Can say where can i find the link for HD games like assasins creed, hos, nova2 etc

reddead66

Feb 10, 2011
guys make a list of games which works with information if OCed or not....
and did someone try Lane Splitter?? i like this game but i am getting white textures..
pm me some1 gets it to work without white textures

Blackyx007

Jul 22, 2011
Antwerp
Huawei Mate 20
OnePlus 11
guys make a list of games which works with information if OCed or not....
and did someone try Lane Splitter?? i like this game but i am getting white textures..
pm me some1 gets it to work without white textures

Actually for almost all the higher games you need an oc phone certainly when using chainfire :)
Do you mean a list for games that work with chainfire or?
Since my su binaries updated, chainfire doesn't work anymore so
I've PM Chainfire (the dev) for more info and currently I'm waiting for an answer so I'll tell you more if Chainfire works again :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since many people here in G3 forum, wonder how to make Chaifire3D run on their G3, I found it a good idea to start a thread about it :D

The first things you need to know about chainfire is that this app was designed for devices with a Clockspeed of more than 1Ghz so for experience the Chainfire effects you need to Overclock your G3 to 1Ghz or more :p
    Chainfire is for ROOTED phones only

How to setup Chainfire:

Download chaifire
    Free version
    https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d
    Pro version
    https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d.pro

I recomend the Pro version because there are more advanced options avallable (like per-app openGL settings)

To get Chainfire fully working, you need to install the plugins (since I'm not alowed to post URL's to warez just Google them and you'll find them)
    These files are named:
    libGLEMU_NVIDIA.so
    libGLEMU_POWERVR.so
    libGLEMU_QUALCOMM.so

After downloading all the needed files put them on the root of your SD

STEP 1
    Open Chainfire

STEP 2
    Click install CF3D driver -> Your phone will reboot

STEP 3
    Click "install plugins" your phone will search to the plugin files you've put on the root of your SD card just click the files and install them.

STEP 4
    I recommend to reboot your phone now

STEP 5
    Start Chainfire again and go to Default openGL settings (for those who have the Pro-version i recommend to go to Per-app openGL settings so the effects will only be used for a certain app)

STEP 6
    Click on the option "Use Plugin" the plugin that worked the best for me was the QUALCOMM so i recommend that one :)

STEP 7
    Select the option reduce texture size (in some games this removed the gray textures and show the colored textures with reduced size)

STEP 8
    Enjoy playing new games on your G3 :p

THE GAMES THAT WORKED FOR ME BY USING CHAINFIRE:
    Need for speed,asphalt 5, raging thunder etc.
    games in fpse like Tekken 3, Gran turismo 2

If you know a game that can be added to this list feel free to post :D

EDIT: SINCE MY SU BINAIRIES ARE UPDATED CHAIFIRE HAS STOPPED WORKING I'M CURRENTLY WAITING FOR A PM FROM CHAINFIRE SO SCREENSHOTS ETC WILL HAVE TO WAIT
    I'M SORRY

EDIT: THANKS TO USER NZtechfreak WITH THE FIX FOR THE SU BINARIES CHAINFIRE WORKS ON EVERY ROM :p
    Please leave a thanks on his post :p

FYI version 2.8 was the one that worked the best on our phone DONT POST ANY WAREZ PLEAS
    where i can download the .zip? i search in google files .so i dont have the .zip

i try to create a .zip with the 3 files but the program dont find it

plugins download:

http://db.tt/yNVqvx1x

enjoy:D

Sent from Galaxy
    Kyrillos' ROM GWK74 Alpha4