Stuck in boot loop, no recovery or ROM access

Search This thread

LightInDark

Jan 17, 2011
Edinburgh
LG G4
LG V30
My phone is stuck in a boot loop after it automatically installed an OTA update when on a custom ROM. at first recovery worked, tried installing a custom rom from fresh with the sideload in CWM, then after reboot recovery does not boot, just LG logo and restarts again. Any ideas?

Need it fixed badly :( no phone for 5 days now.

Oxiit

Dec 7, 2013
My phone is stuck in a boot loop after it automatically installed an OTA update when on a custom ROM. at first recovery worked, tried installing a custom rom from fresh with the sideload in CWM, then after reboot recovery does not boot, just LG logo and restarts again. Any ideas?

Need it fixed badly :( no phone for 5 days now.

I just did this today, and also am out of a phone for now, apparently I lost the software, and in the process of trying to get out of the ota i blocked twrp. Anyway, does yours just go on the lg logo and have the pulsing led? Thats what mine does and I think I can get into download mode which may help. But it wont show up when I plug it in . Good luck to you, if I figure something out ill post it here.

LightInDark

Jan 17, 2011
Edinburgh
LG G4
LG V30
I just did this today, and also am out of a phone for now, apparently I lost the software, and in the process of trying to get out of the ota i blocked twrp. Anyway, does yours just go on the lg logo and have the pulsing led? Thats what mine does and I think I can get into download mode which may help. But it wont show up when I plug it in . Good luck to you, if I figure something out ill post it here.

No LED but it just loops on the LG logo over and over, no access to download at all, tried all combinations but if i hold in power+vol buttons it eventually just gives flashing red LED until i let go of the power then it starts boot looping again.

Oxiit

Dec 7, 2013
No LED but it just loops on the LG logo over and over, no access to download at all, tried all combinations but if i hold in power+vol buttons it eventually just gives flashing red LED until i let go of the power then it starts boot looping again.

The red led is what i get when I try to go into download mode too. Just holding down the down and up takes me to that and it keeps going until i press another button. Thats odd you have no led though.

Camoxjeep

Jul 20, 2012
Its the same thing that happened to me the other day. Theres a way to fix hopefully, try this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142&page=3

My posts are at the end and mine is totally unrecoverable at the moment so off to Verizon for me. There are others in my shoes too but I would try that thread first to see if you can recover. If you do go thru ubuntu and only get " /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda5 "
your pretty much hosed from what I gather. No one has all the files to recover from where I'm at. See my posts on page 13 and 14.

Hopefully someone can figure this out but I cant wait for it to happen. Good luck

LightInDark

Jan 17, 2011
Edinburgh
LG G4
LG V30
Its the same thing that happened to me the other day. Theres a way to fix hopefully, try this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142&page=3

My posts are at the end and mine is totally unrecoverable at the moment so off to Verizon for me. There are others in my shoes too but I would try that thread first to see if you can recover. If you do go thru ubuntu and only get " /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda5 "
your pretty much hosed from what I gather. No one has all the files to recover from where I'm at. See my posts on page 13 and 14.

Hopefully someone can figure this out but I cant wait for it to happen. Good luck

No doesn't work, that fix requires the phone to get PAST the LG initial turn on logo, but it only comes on for 10 seconds then reboots again, not enough time for USB to enable on the phone itself so PC can't even detect it.

Just LG for 10 seconds, off, then LG for 10 seconds and does it over and over.

Anyone else with an idea?

I'd rather not send it away because don't want to get in trouble for having recovery and custom ROM on the phone.

Jerigloo

Nov 23, 2013
Did you figure out the solution?
I'm stuck in bootloop too, can't connect to the phone to use adb anymore after i tried to install trwp. Download mode isn't seen by my computer...