Aren't you afraid of not getting the updates in a reasonable amount of time?

Search This thread

se1000

Feb 14, 2011
Personally, I feel updates were a much bigger deal back in the Gingerbread and ICS days. I think we can all admit that since JellyBean, thing are just generally better with newer versions being smaller steps forward. The two other factors that make me less worried, is also that Google seems to be moving more and more platform related functions to Google Play Services, which gets updated independent of the OS version, and Google also seems to be pushing manufacturers to push out new versions in a reasonable time frame. Ultimately, we'd all like the choice of being on the latest version, but we can all admit that being on the very latest versions, even directly from Google can have problems, so it's all a give and take.

TLDR: no.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have problems with 4.3?

It's incredible how people aren't satisfied, ever...

Wait and you'll get your KitKat...Sony is actually building their UI, it's not only cheap mask over Google framework - that's why they need time.

Wen you get KitKat you'll request another version...or you'll open thread to request root for kitkat...

Relax, you still have almost one whole year of support and everything will come and be released on time.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    I see we're all going crazy about the specs of the Xperia Z2, but no one here appears to be concerned about how slow sony is to roll out updates, Kitkat 4.4. was released on the 31th of October, and the Xperia Z1 , sony's current flagship still hasn't got it :/ ... 4 months after the release , they plan on delivering the update on April, 5 months, maybe 5 and a half months after 4.4 was really released :( and they're not making any promises of improving, what do you guys think?
    Personally not worried about getting updates late but a bit worried about not getting updates at all after a while & becoming abandoned

I mean Samsung is releasing Kitkat for GS3 which is a device from may 2012, Not sure if it's the same with Sony specially with their two flagship a year strategy
    Who cares what OS version you got? Unless there is a bug or something, I don't care if I ever get any updates. I would even prefer the older version now since they messed up the notification screen.
    To be honest, Jellybean is stable enough so that we don't necesarily "need" further updates. I'm "suck" on 4.1.2 on my optimus g and don't really mind at all(And yes, LG is worse at abandoning their flagships). Got kit kat on my nexus 7 and don't really see much difference. I miss the great sony UI though. Still torn between this phone and the z1.