[Q] Flash Droid Charge to other CDMA network

Search This thread

imagecolour

Jun 6, 2010
Mysore
Hi everybody, you say that flash the radio of thread above can brick the phone, but is there another radio that we could flash in order to disable the ruim of droid charge?
Because I understand that the radio in that thread is for Nexus. They get voice,text and data after flashing the radio of sprint and then programming.

Somebody has the real solution?

The Whole problem is the FUC***** SIM , you do whatever but it again goes back to Verizon.

Once the phone restarts there is a program which handshakes with the sim , once it verifies that the signal and sim is from Verizone , the phone starts functioning.
If someone can fool the phone by creating a dummy sim as in case of Iphone(Gevay sim) i feel Droid charge can be used on other networks.:confused:

Daniel0074

Feb 25, 2013
The Whole problem is the FUC***** SIM , you do whatever but it again goes back to Verizon.

Once the phone restarts there is a program which handshakes with the sim , once it verifies that the signal and sim is from Verizone , the phone starts functioning.
If someone can fool the phone by creating a dummy sim as in case of Iphone(Gevay sim) i feel Droid charge can be used on other networks.:confused:

Thank you for your answer, so I have to understand and just to be sure ... even we could flash or programing with the correct data of the carrier after the phone restarts needs the chip LTE and then it erase and set the originals?
I do that question because I just want talk and text and I don't care about data. So is it possible.. have just talk and text or is the same problem we need the chip LTE?

I think you have answered my questions with your post but sorry I didn't understand.

lmmzr

Jul 3, 2013
Waxhaw
So close to a solution! Still looking for a SIM like the Gevey. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!

Trying to break free from Verizon's plans. Charge is a decent phone if it would work for a 3G MVNO.

afextwin

Jan 19, 2011
Raleigh, NC
www.ulbright.com
If Sprint had made a version of the Charge, then disabling RUIM would be no problem...

There must be a way to set RUIM to NV_ONLY from ETSI, but I don't have the time or hardware or knowledge to do so.

It's probobly best to give up and buy an Sprint S2, Verizon GNex or an S3 or S4 .. y'know?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what I do to get connected with VPST :

1. Remove SIM Card, turn on the phone.
    2. Connect the phone to PC, Install VIA Telecom USB Driver.
    3. Dial **USBUI, choose USB > CDMA Modem
    4. While the phone still connected to PC, Dial **DEBUG and then go to ETS Channel. If it's already on USB, change it to DPRAM and then back to USB.
    5. Open VPST Dragon, not VPCT. Update PRL, Restart Phone, Done.
    6. Dial **583, choose Enable CDMA Mode. Phone ask to restart, but you don't have to. And the signal should comes up now
    7. Stuck there, PRL updated, Signal shown (no more roaming indicator) but still cannot make a test call ( *22809 should connect to my local carrier activation, but the call just ended immediately.)

You can find VPST Dragon on 4shared.com, good luck :)

Here's the proof :

6867109354_8d41abf194_c.jpg

6867109492_d9fc242d7d_b.jpg

P.S :
    Ignore the 3G Icon, I just change the WiFi icons in SystemUI.apk :p
    VPST couldn't read some PRL, just try another version of your carrier PRL.
    Wrong PRL file will gives you "USB Loopback test : failed"

This PRL works for me : http://www.mediafire.com/?260oum76c48342n ( for smartfren Indonesia )
    We discovered early on that QPST just doesn't want to work with this phone. Plus, why did you get a LTE phone when you're just going to use CDMA?

Sent from my Droid Charge running Infinity Beta
    i have made a thread with updated via tools. if anyone can help us get full use out of them please share!! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26425227
    The activation process in my country is a little bit different with the U.S (or maybe other country). All we have to do here is go to the Cellular Provider office, tell them our MEID or ESN and then ask for MDN,MIN and A-KEY. Next process is DIY, manually program your phone using QPST or CDMAWS. OTA activation is not yet available in my country ( limited to iPhone and some android phones at this time ) Unfortunately Droid Charge is using VIA Chipset, which is need a different software to program the phone. So far, I have found VPCT,VPST,and ETSMain which is made for VIA Telecom phones... too bad, its all old version and it's not fully compatible with newer VIA Phones.

For those who needed the driver, I found this driver from somewhere on the internet :

Code:
    http://www.mydroidfiles.com/downloads/TBH/SamsungFlashingUtility.7z

*credits to original uploader

My goal is still... to disable that control freak SIM Card :mad: another 4G-LTE Phone who uses Qualcomm chipset is already able to flashed to another carrier, because it's quite easy to disable SIM Card via QPST,DFS, and another CDMA tools.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

WOW , this is very good , thanks to you all who are working on it, can you please let me know the link to INTF2 driver or can you send a link for VIA Telecom USB Driver.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I feel the activation part is in The SIM, the phone is given a activation pulse from the sim when the phone starts. So by removing the sim i dont think it makes sense. insted we have to try and hack the sim and load the phone number and min from the sim.Or we should try to replace the number and min on the sim with our desired number and min.

I tried to change MIN and AKEY straight to the SIM Card, but it won't write.. DFS just give some CPS_ERROR ( I forgot the exact error message ).

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

What's Next ? :(
    6881248016_df602be3cc_b.jpg

okayguy.jpg

Help anyone ?​
    Hi,
    is anybody was flashed Droid Charge to Boost Mobile, MetroPCS or other CDMA Networks?
    Because i cant connect it to QPST for flash PRL and other settings for my network (Intertelecom, Ukraine).