[IRC] #HTC_MT4GS - Support Channel for MyTouch4G Slide

Search This thread

kenwilson83

Aug 21, 2013
PLZ Help

Im not sure what im doing wrong but everytime I try to download any rom to root my phone it says that the img cannot be mounted. What am I doing wrong . can someone plz help. I really want my phone rooted asap

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Im not sure what im doing wrong but everytime I try to download any rom to root my phone it says that the img cannot be mounted. What am I doing wrong . can someone plz help. I really want my phone rooted asap

I think you need to explain further on what you have tried thus far, have you unlocked your bootloader? Do you have a custom recovery?
Boot to hboot and write down all on your screen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

kenwilson83

Aug 21, 2013
sorry... ok... I have everything I need in order to root the phone. the question is when I download any zip files for the rom .that it doesn't seem to want to mount the image file. do I mount the image that came with the rom onto a power iso or do I need to not do anything once its downloaded but plug the phone up after I have done the beginning steps.....

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
No to the iso, you're getting ahead of your self. Don't think of a ROM literally like a "ROM"
Just answer the questions from my previous post and I'll try to help

kenwilson83

Aug 21, 2013
hey demkantor thanks a lot... ok only issue now is the clockwork mod recovery..... when I go to the site to download its jus giving me letters... am I suppose to copy that whole page and change the name of it to an img file or what do I do?... thanks so much for your time and patience

mark9121

Jun 24, 2010
Mytouch 4g slide won't boot

So I have dev unlocked the bootloader and flashed clockwork mod recovery 5.0.7. The ROMs I have flashed so far donot finish booting the phone and will eventually kill the poor old battery. I have downloaded the RUU images from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094104 and renamed them but HBOOT never asks me if I want to update the phone to write them. CWM just says failed to open zip (bad).... I just need it to boot. It's kinda useless now.

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Flash either a stock based custom ROM after a full wipe within the recovery, or make sure you flash the kernel through fastboot after flashing another ROM, lots of literature on how to do this when radio security flags

Reactions: mark9121

mark9121

Jun 24, 2010
thanks

I was actually gonna do the boot.img with fastboot thing cause a kernel panic is the only thing that explains that kinda bye bye death on boot. I so miss the informitive linux boots...... Thanks for the answer and confirmation. I feel like less an idiot now. The phone boots fine. Blast must get help with wire trick.:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Noticed you guys didn't have a support channel 24/7 in case people have issues with their device. I've set this up and granted I can't stay awake 24/7 I would like to see this community more involved. The more support you have for the community the more support for the phone :D So come in, chat, ask questions, its all up to you!

Server: irc.freenode.net:6667
    Channel: #HTC_MT4GS
    Browser: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=HTC_MT4GS
    This is a good idea.

I tried to connect last night through the device, but it wasn't working out too well.

Is there a recommended way to connect through the phone? Maybe an app that works through the T-Mo network?

Also - Since this has the potential to let people work things out much more quicly/easily... Can I request that if problems get solved or new information is discovered and there are no threads about it, can one be made after the fact?

Anyone who wasn't in the irc chatroom won't have access to that fix otherwise.
    It's not necessary to do a battery pull to get into recovery...

...power off (not hibernate, turn that fastboot off in settings!) and wait for it to turn completely off.

...hold the 'Volume Down' button, and then press and release the 'Power' button (maybe 2 or 3 times if necessary while holding volume down...)

When you see the Hboot screen release volume down...

Let it load and settle for a minute, then choose 'recovery' from the menu...

...and that's it.

Not sure where you had to do a battery pull, unless you didn't have 'fastboot' turned off from in the ROM settings menu?

Go to your app drawer, then open the 'Settings' apk...

...find 'Power' in the list and tap it...

...scroll to the bottom and un-check the 'Fastboot' option.

The 'Fastboot' option in the settings -> power menu is a deep-sleep hibernation mode that turns almost everything off, but leaves the tiniest bit of power to one chip so it can wake everything up.

When it's ' off ' in HTC Fastboot mode, pressing the power button wakes the device up skipping a lot of things like hboot and so on to get your device from ' off ' to working in just a few seconds, instead of the minutes a normal boot takes.

Anyways, glad you found a way to get it all working!
    https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/TeHzp_qVEeGYjhICPRQ27A/doubleshot_CWM_5-0-2-7_recovery.img
    Use this recovery, this will be .img format
    There are other recoveries that you'll find in the dev section that work great but for now use this
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    (Change the name or recovery.img to fit your command)

Flash either a stock based custom ROM after a full wipe within the recovery, or make sure you flash the kernel through fastboot after flashing another ROM, lots of literature on how to do this when radio security flags