9/6 Mandatory Update Official Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 5.8.4.0

Search This thread

KIN

Aug 18, 2005
I flashed wrong recovery

Hi guys. I flashed wrong recovery on my HTC ONE X. I have HTC ONE X (GSM), but I flashed recovery for HTC ONE X (AT&T) version CWM 6.0.2.7. It works, gives me root rights, but I can't connect my phone to PC using USB cable neither Fastboot mode, recovery mode, no Android booted mode. I can flash any ROM with that CWM, but I can't change CWM. I tried to install ROM Manager and it downloads right version for my phone and says that CWM on my phone flashed and has version 5.8.4.0, but when I boot it in Recovery mode nothing changes. The recovery version is 6.0.2.7. How can I flash right recovery on my HTC without USB? Please help me.

*** UNLOCKED ***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.39.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-5.1204.162.29
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH: OFF
Dec 17 2012, 13:59:37

Android version 4.1.1.
Software version 3.18.401.1
HTC SDK API 4.63
Kernel version: 3.1.10-g03b5369 root@abm032 #1 SMP PREEMPT

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
Hi guys. I flashed wrong recovery on my HTC ONE X. I have HTC ONE X (GSM), but I flashed recovery for HTC ONE X (AT&T) version CWM 6.0.2.7. It works, gives me root rights, but I can't connect my phone to PC using USB cable neither Fastboot mode, recovery mode, no Android booted mode. I can flash any ROM with that CWM, but I can't change CWM. I tried to install ROM Manager and it downloads right version for my phone and says that CWM on my phone flashed and has version 5.8.4.0, but when I boot it in Recovery mode nothing changes. The recovery version is 6.0.2.7. How can I flash right recovery on my HTC without USB? Please help me.

*** UNLOCKED ***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.39.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-5.1204.162.29
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH: OFF
Dec 17 2012, 13:59:37

Android version 4.1.1.
Software version 3.18.401.1
HTC SDK API 4.63
Kernel version: 3.1.10-g03b5369 root@abm032 #1 SMP PREEMPT

No need to go to recovery to flash a recovery.

Go to fastboot.

Use command ”fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img” and you'll be fine.

KIN

Aug 18, 2005
No need to go to recovery to flash a recovery.

Go to fastboot.

Use command ”fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img” and you'll be fine.

When I go to Fastboot and connect USB cable phone says FASTBOOT USB, but PC still doesn't connect to phone. No "new hardware found" window appears. In device manager no new devices are shown. Where can I use "fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img" command?

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

when I use "fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img" from my PC it says < waiting for device > and nothing happens :(

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
When I go to Fastboot and connect USB cable phone says FASTBOOT USB, but PC still doesn't connect to phone. No "new hardware found" window appears. In device manager no new devices are shown. Where can I use "fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img" command?

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

when I use "fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img" from my PC it says < waiting for device > and nothing happens :(

Install latest HTC sync

This should get you the latest drivers

KIN

Aug 18, 2005
I've installed HTC Sync. Still nothing happens. I tried 2 USB-cables, 3 different PCs with windows 7 x64 and XP x86. Disabled anti-virus, firewall and still nothing happens :(

I've found CWM 5.8.4.0 in zip-file for update from CWM recovery. It updates and CWM 5.8.4.0 loads. But after reboot loads CWM 6.0.2.7 :(

amirsiong

Apr 30, 2013
Johor

Hey guys.
Koush has been hard at work with his new recovery for The One-x.
A lot of his testing is done in our own IRC Channel #HTC-one-X on Freenode

Link to the latest Official recovery:
http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru.img
MD5: 147B081A8FD9216FA62244031E44DF88

You need to flash in fastboot by using the command fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

Charging Issues Fixed !!!

ALL USB related issues fixed !!!

Make sure you are on 5.8.4.0 or later (Check from recovery!!)

All stock recovery versions can be found here:
Stock HTC Recovery Use right mouse click > save as! otherwise it will just open in your browser
Thanks to ARHD Team for hosting.

Known Issues:

Led light might be off in recovery but device charges
Cant flash Recovery from OS
Cant flash boot.img from recovery

Enjoy

Thanks To:
Koush for the recovery.
RichardTrip for patching the kernel to allow usb in recovery.
Dees_Troy for the Mount USB Storage toggle fix.
Toastcfh for the charging fix and overall involvement in fixing all issues

how can i determine mystock recovery, i dont understand about the BinDroidXTC , Kozmik , ncx , and xm..what is that?and it has alot of kernal..which one is mine?

wanahave

Jan 26, 2010
Nieuw-Vennep
how can i determine mystock recovery, i dont understand about the BinDroidXTC , Kozmik , ncx , and xm..what is that?and it has alot of kernal..which one is mine?

Go to:
Settings
Info
Software information
More
Kernel information

Here you can see which kernel you have.

But if you are on a BinDroid Rom, just tell me which version. If you did not flash other kernel, I can tell you what's your kernel.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X met Tapatalk

aseferfan

May 14, 2013
Dhaka
hey guys i too have the auto wake up problem from charging but if it keeps doing it how am i supposed to do a full battery cycle??
i think because of not doing a full battery cycle my battery performance is pretty poor

dont wanna install TWRP now...coz i do frequent nandroids and TWRPS nandroid is kinda odd to me ;)

grigcris

Jun 11, 2008
Battery level too low to flash

Hello
i have an One X
i tried to unlock bootloader but the damn phone won't let me because "Battery level is too low to flash" although the battery is full(charged on another phone).
is there a way to do the unlock of the bootloader(htcdev way) without checking the battery?
thanks

Jamilro

Feb 18, 2010
Rotterdam
yes, I use it too, touch works and ADB / UMS too.

???
Have had touch since I unlocked my phone a year ago! Lol!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

CWM touch is around from a long time ago thanks to PhilZ. Have a look here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2240646

Oh wow, had no clue that there was another recovery. Thought this was the only one with touch. THANKS!

Top Liked Posts