[ROM] SlimKat Official MSM8960 Unified [4.4.4][6/30/2014]

Search This thread

Spidinator

Jul 24, 2012
Kamloops, BC
I must not have my PC set right. I get my phone in fastboot but when I try to open fastboot it just blinks and disappears. I may just have to try putting trwp on my phone. Thanks you are all a great bunch of gentlemen

Set phone in fastboot, connect USB then open cmd in Windows and navigate to where fastboot is then enter fastboot via cmd and enter the command to flash it. Maybe your already doing it that way but I tried just opening the fastboot I the folder first as I hadn't done it for awhile till I realized what I was doing wrong :)

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

DizzyFox

Jan 26, 2011
Set phone in fastboot, connect USB then open cmd in Windows and navigate to where fastboot is then enter fastboot via cmd and enter the command to flash it. Maybe your already doing it that way but I tried just opening the fastboot I the folder first as I hadn't done it for awhile till I realized what I was doing wrong :)

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Sweet that sounds simple enough. You would by any chance know the command prompts

DizzyFox

Jan 26, 2011
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Recovery.img is the name of the file I just rename it to that to keep it simple.

Good luck!

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Ok that got me to the fastboot screen. I tried all sorts of commands but nothing would flash the recovery.img for me so close lol

Spidinator

Jul 24, 2012
Kamloops, BC
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Recovery.img is the name of the file I just rename it to that to keep it simple.

Good luck!

Just make sure that after fastboot flash recovery_______________name of file you downloaded.img and make sure that file is in the same folder as fastboot :) hopefully that works for you

DizzyFox

Jan 26, 2011
Just make sure that after fastboot flash recovery_______________name of file you downloaded.img and make sure that file is in the same folder as fastboot :) hopefully that works for you

I have them both on the desktop. Windows cmd finds and opens the fastboot.exe just find its the command prompt won't start the flash it shows that flashall is a prompt to flash .IMG even tried that no luck. Anyway thanks so much for your help. Will try again tomorrow

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
This is quite amazing. 3 pages of talk about installing this ROM and no usage/bug reports. Why is it so difficult to install?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

bmatney

Jul 23, 2013
Bella Vista
I had no problems installing it on my Atrix HD.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mojimmy

Jan 2, 2013
Nice

Just flashed and I must say that so far this is the best Kit Kat Rom out there and I have tried all available...Nice work, just make the font a bit bigger for us older folks with weary eyes...LOL

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
I think you can do that in accessibility or developer options. Do you have the ability to play YouTube? If so, what device are you on?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Just flashed and I must say that so far this is the best Kit Kat Rom out there and I have tried all available...Nice work, just make the font a bit bigger for us older folks with weary eyes...LOL

Just open your build.prop and edit the density to 320

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

You guys getting network signal with this rom?

darktyroll

Jan 31, 2010
You guys getting network signal with this rom?

Yes, working fine here.

Sent from my Motorola Razr HD XT925 (SlimKat 4.4) using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Btw, guys try yahoo messenger, it makes some weird sounds in speakers after i log in (same sound in every 4.4 roms i tryed) and to lose these sounds i must reboot phone.

Sent from my Motorola Razr HD XT925 (SlimKat 4.4) using Tapatalk 2

noobiest

Sep 22, 2012
Uh, sorry if this is a dumb question but where are the features? All I see are status bar mods and nav bar mods.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

jmcdonald58

Apr 28, 2010
Fort Worth,Tx
twitter.com
Being this is an alpha , I am sure they are hard at work adding features I would think stability would take priority 1st I pretty much run Slim on all my devices as long as I have been flashing their builds I have realized 2 things their support is top shelf, and it always gets better

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

djuniah

Jul 10, 2010
Philadelphia
Uh, sorry if this is a dumb question but where are the features? All I see are status bar mods and nav bar mods.

Most of the teams working on 4.4 roms (slim/CM/Para) have said that they are rebuilding everything from the ground up on the 4.4 base. So it'll be a little while before they have full feature parity with the older versions.

Reactions: jmcdonald58

noobiest

Sep 22, 2012
Most of the teams working on 4.4 roms (slim/CM/Para) have said that they are rebuilding everything from the ground up on the 4.4 base. So it'll be a little while before they have full feature parity with the older versions.

I understand. Thanks

idless

Jul 5, 2012
News has just been released that Motorola plan to release KitKat 4.4. for Razr HD. This is great news of cause!

Now this have me wonder: What kind of effect will this have on production of custom ROMs (SlimKat)? E.g. Will it be possible to use Motorola's official GPU libraries and similar to enhance ROM stableness/reduce coding time OR will this have minimal effect on SlimKat (and other ROMs)?

BR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms, ROM for the Motorola Droid RAZR HD

Contributors
    darkspadez, SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-07-01
    Last Updated 2014-07-01
    RC2 is up many fixes

Sorry i have not been on xda past 2 months i have been dealing with stuff.
    but most of them are in 4.3 too

All of them are from 4.3. To everyone saying "meh" and "where are the old features?", you need to realize that everything is being re-done from scratch. It's not like the rom devs can just hit an "update" button and have just the parts of the OS that are 4.3 update to 4.4. They're re-implementing all of your favorite features from scratch. So either be patient, or help out by writing/porting something yourself. As far as customization goes, this ROM is further along than even CM is at the moment.
    I uploaded a 4.4.1 aka beta 1.2 to the downloads

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk